manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
So I have always heard that the more you shave(your face in particular) that your hair will grow back faster and fuller over time...Is there any truth to this? I have not seen it on mythbusters yet.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always use an electric razor,and it does not come in thick at all.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I always use an electric razor,and it does not come in thick at all.
Hmmm I wonder if the old fashion razors do cause this??

I also wonder how this myth started, as it is pretty well accepted?

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
When your hair first starts coming in, the tip of the hair shaft is pointy and appears thin. When you shave it, the pointy tip is removed and the thicker part of the shaft is exposed, thus giving the appearance of thicker hair but it's actually the same.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
When your hair first starts coming in, the tip of the hair shaft is pointy and appears thin. When you shave it, the pointy tip is removed and the thicker part of the shaft is exposed, thus giving the appearance of thicker hair but it's actually the same.
And that new tip gets worn down to a thinner point like the hair initially was.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure there are many bald/balding men out there who shave their head everyday who are finding no truth to this myth, lol.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
LOL Sunder!

MB

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is a myth.

An ex of mine works in the cosmetology field. She works with both hair and makeup. I remember asking her about this before. Razors cut the hairs at an angle, which causes them to curl at the tip when they begin growing back out. The hair ends up looking fuller and thicker when it all grows back in, but it really isn't.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
The weird thing is I had a friend who joined the army a couple years back, and he had the facial hair of a 12 year old boy...Then he comes home a couple months back and he has a mean 5 o'clock shadow. He said that he shaved everyday in the army, and when he got home he just it go a couple days and it was much much fuller....weird

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Also, if this doesn't work is there anything that does haha....I want to grow out a sick ass beard sooo bad but my hair is too patchy on my face. Maybe I could rub some rogaine or something huh? LOL Let me know if you guys have heard anything on growing a fuller beard.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I want to grow out a sick ass beard sooo bad but my hair is too patchy on my face. Maybe I could rub some rogaine or something huh? LOL Let me know if you guys have heard anything on growing a fuller beard.
It'll take some time for it to get thick. For a while it's probably going to look, for lack of a better word, bad. Kinda like when you go from having short hair to long hair. There's that awkward period of time where it isn't long yet, but it's not short any more either. Of course, they don't make hats for beards to cover up that phase in beard growing.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I just wish that someone would figure out how to get the hair on your face to stop growing while ensuring that the hair on your head will continue to grow.

I would get me some of that.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
havent you seen that episode of seinfeld?

Jerry: "That's just an old wives tale"
Kramer: "Is it?!?!?!"

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
If it is a myth then im f@cked up, biologically that is.

Because when I was 16 i shaved one leg 5 times in one year but the other only once, and the hair on my left leg was gruesomely longer than the hair on my right leg..
(now i did all this to prove my mother wrong about the shaving hair deal because she told me what you asked was true, but i dunno...maybe my follicles are screwed up or something..lol)

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Also, if this doesn't work is there anything that does haha....I want to grow out a sick ass beard sooo bad but my hair is too patchy on my face. Maybe I could rub some rogaine or something huh? LOL Let me know if you guys have heard anything on growing a fuller beard.

I know a guy that was 26 before he had ANY facial hair...lol.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

Diesel Test made my facial hair grow faster. Like 5'o clock shadow at 3pm. It seemed 'coarser' too, like if I didn't shave on Saturday morning, I would wreck a blade when I did.

I just know that if I was going out after work, I would have to shave again otherwise I would look like hell by 10p.

There are two things I wish I never had to do again in my life, one would be shaving my face, the second::dump:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's funny that you said that...It looks like T-Bone one upped you yesterday in a thread about POST Cycle Support:

Another thing I noticed is the five 'o clock shadow is coming in a lot faster, more like the 2 o clock shadow now.
POST Cycle Support and DTH FTW!!!

Oh, and by the way. I didn't shave for about 6 weeks before my wedding just to mess with my wife...before then I never thought I could I could grow a beard b/c I thought it would be patchy. Whoever said it will look awkward and then fill in hit it right on the head...at least for me.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's completely a myth. The hair follicle does not change nor grow faster with frequent grooming. There are endogenous/exogenous factors that can cause hair to grow faster(I.E. androgenic compounds.) The part of the hair follicle that we see and style everyday(for those that have it :D ) is already dead. The living aspect lies below the skin surface and is completely unaffected .

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I think it's a myth i still can't even really grow a beard, my dad was the same way it hit him later on in life, and this is even with androgen use such as masteron and tren, the hair just grows faster. Although i have noticed some hairs popping up on my back when on masteron, not cool, lol

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Like i said, if it's a myth then i'd like to know how what happened to my legs happened in my above post.