About to buy a used car in the future and need your help.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Because they are cheaper to repair?
    yeah, over the lifetime of them, given purchase cost plus repair cost per mile driven, they are the cheapest. Only the full size v8 based american cars is this really true for. We just aren't that good with the smaller stuff
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

2. The thing is the last time I went to purchase a car, a 2003 Hyndai Sonata...I told the salesman I wanted a "foreign" car. He told me that nothing is really engineered overseas anymore, even Toyotas are made in America the guy told me.
    •   

3. Never enough

well, thats true, the design work is done overseas though even if assembly is done here. we're cheaper labor here than in japan, thats for sure, particularly factoring in shipping costs.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

4. bump for honda/acura,toyota/lexus recommendations.....SC300s/Sc400s are getting very cheap these days and are damn near bulletproof with regular maintenance

PS...if given the choice,go with the 400 as it gets pretty much the same fuel economy as the 300. i've owned 2 of each in the past as well as 3 MKIV Supras and absolutely loved every one of them. And about the cadillacs? pass on them unless you love swappin HG's(headgaskets)
  5. Never enough

the sc400 is a quite nice car, I remember the initial design stuff on it. the dude who designed the body was a japanese american in california, and he said he wanted a car that even the people with money would enjoy washing it by hand. the original body models were done with clay in large ballons, oiled on the outside to give the smooth flow feel.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

6. I think the sc 300 uses a non turbo supra engine like the 2JZ that engine is insane

7. Quote Originally Posted by NateWA View Post
    I think the sc 300 uses a non turbo supra engine like the 2JZ that engine is insane
    for all intents and purposes, they are essentially the same motor(2JZ-GE vs 2JZ-GTE) but aside from the GTE obviously having lower compression and twin turbos/oil squirters etc, it also received a stronger bottom end. still, the 2JZ-GE's found in the N/A Supra,Lexus Sc300's and GS300's have been used to reliably hold 550+rwhp...not too shabby

8. Quote Originally Posted by ntrlmuscle View Post
    for all intents and purposes, they are essentially the same motor(2JZ-GE vs 2JZ-GTE) but aside from the GTE obviously having lower compression and twin turbos/oil squirters etc, it also received a stronger bottom end. still, the 2JZ-GE's found in the N/A Supra,Lexus Sc300's and GS300's have been used to reliably hold 550+rwhp...not too shabby
    there is a company that will trade you blocks plus some money and make it a true supra motor.
    also the trannys are slightly different.

9. Quote Originally Posted by motive View Post
    there is a company that will trade you blocks plus some money and make it a true supra motor.
    also the trannys are slightly different.

the trannys are VERY different in fact...the W58 in the manual N/A supra is extremely weak(lol, speaking from experience of having a singled NA-T as one of my previous cars) VS the 6spd in the TT holds in excess of 900rwhp. the auto N/A's are good up until 300rwhp(or less) while the TT autos generally can withstand up to 450rwhp,give or take 50hp

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Future
    By n8te in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 05:02 PM
  2. PCT in the future???
    By srx600 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 11:44 PM
  3. the future
    By comrade in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6