Who's the most interesting person you've ever met in the gym?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I made a new found friend tonight. Not only does he work with my ex's father at the prison (not such a good thing), but he happens to be an athlete for Scivation. I guess Marc Lobliner is actually coming to my town sometime during the next couple of weeks. They'll be crashing together. I think it'd be very interesting to have an opportunity to workout with the guy. I've heard he's very nice.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The guys who are fat and still insist on doing thousands of crunches on them circus balls by free weights getting all in the way when they could take them away and out of the way from everything and others.(take a breath now)I find these guys very "interesting."

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I met Willie Roaf at a gym once. At the time he was one of the Saints most famous players.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
One time I was in the gym getting my swell on and I look across the floor and see this HUGE guy. His body was absolute perfection. I noticed that he was looking at me and I thought "Wow, that's the first and only guy I'd totally go gay for!" Then I realized I was looking at myself in the mirror.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I met this older cat, about 65 named Doc, who had probably the best sculpted physique I had ever seen. Frank Zane-esque, at that age, was incredible.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
There is an ex-football player for Notre Dame that works out at my gym. He has around 4% BF and really huge.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Have yet to meet anyone that was really interesting, but i've meet quite a few that I've cracked a rib laughing at...

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I've met an ex-powerlifter and his genetic-freak buddy who had never lifted in his life but could lift and was built like a powerlifter... And this guy who idol-worships Arnold to the point of wearing spandex (huge and lean in his defense).

MB

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've met an ex-powerlifter and his genetic-freak buddy who had never lifted in his life but could lift and was built like a powerlifter... And this guy who idol-worships Arnold to the point of wearing spandex (huge and lean in his defense).

MB
Theirs a big somoan guy at my gym who tore a peck benching 600 raw.He still puts up 120 db's on the inc for some fast high reps.He has a son who is a sophomore in high school.I seen him do drop sets on close grip bench starting at 315!The dad has some of the biggest calves I evers seen too,He's tall as hell too,but still.I asked him if he ever measured them,and he laughed and said "yeah right!"Pretty cool guy.He's a born again christian though who moved here for his ministry.Not that thats bad,but he will start preaching to you.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Theirs a big somoan guy at my gym who tore a peck benching 600 raw.He still puts up 120 db's on the inc for some fast high reps.He has a son who is a sophomore in high school.I seen him do drop sets on close grip bench starting at 315!The dad has some of the biggest calves I evers seen too,He's tall as hell too,but still.I asked him if he ever measured them,and he laughed and said "yeah right!"Pretty cool guy.He's a born again christian though who moved here for his ministry.Not that thats bad,but he will start preaching to you.
Polynesians (Pacific Islanders) are huge without even hitting the weights lol, somoan's, tongains, fijians etc, i live in New Zealand which is where most of them come to live or who have families who have lived here for since the 1970's migration when this country needed cheap labour

Our national contact sport's (rugby union & rugby league) teams are full of islanders and maori's which are all polynesian natives.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Polynesians (Pacific Islanders) are huge without even hitting the weights lol, somoan's, tongains, fijians etc, i live in New Zealand which is where most of them come to live or who have families who have lived here for since the 1970's migration when this country needed cheap labour

Our national contact sport's (rugby union & rugby league) teams are full of islanders and maori's which are all polynesian natives.
Yeah I have always heard that.Also about their calves being big.I knew he was somoan before I talked to him because of this.Thats how we started talking by me asking if he was Hawaiian.He said "yeah,somoan."

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established

If you get a chance ask the guy if the name of his ministry is "The Power Team". I met a huge samoan Christian dude who worked out, the guy was a beast like you would not believe. Anyway he was a part of this ministry called the Power Team, they go from town to town performing feats of strength and preaching.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you get a chance ask the guy if the name of his ministry is "The Power Team". I met a huge samoan Christian dude who worked out, the guy was a beast like you would not believe. Anyway he was a part of this ministry called the Power Team, they go from town to town performing feats of strength and preaching.
One of those guys goes to the orthodontist where my step mom works.He gave her a poster with autographs,but I didn't see him on there.He never benches over 225 now cause of his pec and then the 120 db's.He says he's only maintaing now.I'm going to ask if he plans on lifting heavy again.Idk when he tore his peck.Anyways,he has some tattoos(ironic,I know)and his name is(this is how you pronounce it,not sure how to spell it)see ola.Ceola maybe?

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
One of those guys goes to the orthodontist where my step mom works.He gave her a poster with autographs,but I didn't see him on there.He never benches over 225 now cause of his pec and then the 120 db's.He says he's only maintaing now.I'm going to ask if he plans on lifting heavy again.Idk when he tore his peck.Anyways,he has some tattoos(ironic,I know)and his name is(this is how you pronounce it,not sure how to spell it)see ola.Ceola maybe?
The guy that I am thinking about did have some tats, but it was so long ago I cannot recall his name.

Some Christian churches are whats known as "legalistic" meaning they say that you can't drink, smoke, etc, but they are generally viewed as being pretty silly. There are plenty of Christians with tattoos, some people got them before they were Christians, but some get them afterwards. I have ink, and I am getting some more as a birthday present to myself :head:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Danny Padilla was at my gym once. I saw him and was like dang that guy is real short, but hes pretty freakin built...didn't really talk to him much other than picking up some squatting pointers...went home found out who he was and feel bad i didn't talk to him more.....

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The guy that I am thinking about did have some tats, but it was so long ago I cannot recall his name.

Some Christian churches are whats known as "legalistic" meaning they say that you can't drink, smoke, etc, but they are generally viewed as being pretty silly. There are plenty of Christians with tattoos, some people got them before they were Christians, but some get them afterwards. I have ink, and I am getting some more as a birthday present to myself :head:
I have a few,but i'm not a christian.If I were,I wouldn't drink,get piercings/tats,have pre marital sex,cuss etc....I either go all out or not at all.I don't see why some believe yet voluntarily consiously "disobey."

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I have a few,but i'm not a christian.If I were,I wouldn't drink,get piercings/tats,have pre marital sex,cuss etc....I either go all out or not at all.I don't see why some believe yet voluntarily consiously "disobey."
I definately understand where you are coming from, and it sounds as though you have witnessed quite a bit of hypocrisy from religious individuals in your day.

But

I don't want to competely hijack this thread, and religion is a subject that is generally better left alone because people are always going to get offended on both sides. However, I will say this: Christianity isn't about man trying to be perfect as to not piss off an angry Diety.

If you want to carry on this aspect of the conversation we can go to PM or whatever.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I definately understand where you are coming from, and it sounds as though you have witnessed quite a bit of hypocrisy from religious individuals in your day.

But

I don't want to competely hijack this thread, and religion is a subject that is generally better left alone because people are always going to get offended on both sides. However, I will say this: Christianity isn't about man trying to be perfect as to not piss off an angry Diety.

If you want to carry on this aspect of the conversation we can go to PM or whatever.
I have never met a religous person who wasn't outright hypocritical in many ways,yet would still look down upon me for not thinking it's true.I personally don't see the crime there.But no,thats it.Religous debates have no way of being solved,theirs no proof on either side,it's all beliefs.Therefore they never get solved.Beliefs are what make everyone different,and people accept this............except for when it comes to religion. :lol: I'll ask the guy if he's part of the power team.I hardly ever see him anymore due to training early.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also.......Just playing :lol: Their is a guy I just thought about,that says he has partied with pro's after shows.Was saying that he used to train with Branch Warren,has met Ronnie Coleman.(who both live in my state)And had Mike Matarazo tell him that he spends $250,000.00 a year on roids!He could be bs'ing me,but he seems to know alot about these guys.He knew their height for one.Thats how we started talking.I thought I heard him say Ronnie was real short.Also that Branch had to have his pants tailored to fit,and that he is a strong mo fo.The guy doesn't resemble a bb'r at all.So this makes it more believable for me.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I met about 4 of the "Power Team" at my gym. They were in town for a show. Really nice guys.

There is another guy who did strongman competitions, he's retired from that now, and is with the FBI. Great guy to talk to. He's taught me a lot about power lifting.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I met the rock back in his WWF days,(way before he became famous) came to Rhode Island and worked out at the gym I was working in....Had NO idea who he was, except this HUGE guy was leaving 100pd weights all over the floor and i was going to have to pick em up.................grrrrrrrrrr

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Sydney Crosby was at my gym before last season, didnt meet him though. For those of you that dont know, he a phenom hockey player from my city, plays for the Penguins (you'd think you know that, but alot of americans somehow dont like hockey..hahaha)

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I met the rock back in his WWF days,(way before he became famous) came to Rhode Island and worked out at the gym I was working in....Had NO idea who he was, except this HUGE guy was leaving 100pd weights all over the floor and i was going to have to pick em up.................grrrrrrrrrr
I can't stand people who don't re rack weights!I smell the rock is an inconsiderate d!ck!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Is that what you are redwolf?a powerlifter?
I don't really claim to be one, but I guess thats the closest thing that fits me. I love to deadlift and do squats. My bench sucks though lol. I mainly lift to be strong and healthy, and if I happen to look good too thats just fine LOL!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't really claim to be one, but I guess thats the closest thing that fits me. I love to deadlift and do squats. My bench sucks though lol. I mainly lift to be strong and healthy, and if I happen to look good too thats just fine LOL!
I love to sq and dead lift too.I also love to finish with low reps or do all low reps for a while.And i love watching strength go up just as much as size.I am a bb'r though.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
God. while i was pulling 565 off the floor on a deadlift, i heard him say " nice pull " and then i started seeing stars and hearing a ringing and threw up in my mouth a little.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
God. while i was pulling 565 off the floor on a deadlift, i heard him say " nice pull " and then i started seeing stars and hearing a ringing and threw up in my mouth a little.

ROFLMAO! How's he doin?

MB

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I met myself once at the gym......nice guy, huge traps...LOL (fukc you chad):toofunny: