saw pumping iron for the 1st time today.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I hear elements of it were scripted, and I must say i hope so, because lou ferrigno came off like a complete putz, which was disappointing. Really suprised people make such a huge deal over Arnold smoking a joint and eating cake. I mean, he was at a birthday party, celebrating the voluntary end of his competing days, a championship win, etc, etc. in the 70's no less when weed was a bit more socially acceptable.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You saw PI, so now you can officially join the club.:D

Yeah, I believe some of the movie was scripted hence earning it the title of a "DocuDrama". Watch the special features and the interview with Arnold and he talks about this a little bit.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the 25th Anniversary Special Edition Dvd. It has a lot of good extras and bonus where they talk about the filming, what everyone elese is up to now and so on and so fourth.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
How many sets of concentration curls you plan on doing for your next workout now? LOL

Great film IMO though very entertaining at least and always good for a laugh or two.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I need to see this. So many people talk abhout it around here. Should it be available for rental somewhere, or would I have to purchase it?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear elements of it were scripted, and I must say i hope so, because lou ferrigno came off like a complete putz, which was disappointing. Really suprised people make such a huge deal over Arnold smoking a joint and eating cake. I mean, he was at a birthday party, celebrating the voluntary end of his competing days, a championship win, etc, etc. in the 70's no less when weed was a bit more socially acceptable.

Lou was only 19(I think) in that movie. He is still in great shape today though. He is huge. Ever watch King Of Queens?. It is off the air now, but they still play repeats on TBS.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I need to see this. So many people talk abhout it around here. Should it be available for rental somewhere, or would I have to purchase it?
Just buy it!I got mine off ebay for $12.00 after shipping.As soon as I can,i'm going to purchase Dorian Yates blood and guts,and Branch Warrens unchained.Alot of people have said Branches dvd is the first to remind them of Dorians intensity.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lou was only 19(I think) in that movie. He is still in great shape today though. He is huge. Ever watch King Of Queens?. It is off the air now, but they still play repeats on TBS.
I like the one where Kerry is rubbing tannig lotion on Lou,and Doug stops and looks.Then he walks away like what am I going to do?Then when Kerry wants Doug to go outside to check out whats going on and he's like you got flashing lights and the incredible hulk,you'll be fine.(Lou is their neighbor)Then finally my other favorite is when he's going to go with spez to that comic convention thing,and he's in the gym curling and he says "I'm going to be in the best shape of my life!"Very funny considering he's an old retired BB'r.It makes me laugh anyways.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Oh snap! I just finished watching it... Got the itch yesterday, and finally popped it in today, before seeing this thread!