Beer choice on cheat day

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Ive got a cheat day comming up soon and I am going to order some good beer and I am leaning toward Arrogant Bastard. Any suggestions? Please do not suggest light beer because I hate p*** water!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Natty Ice and Keystone.

Sorry I have no idea what good beer is.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Guinness. So good it has 2 n's and s's because one of each simply wasn't good enough.

Complete with shamrock.

Attachments

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Guinness. So good it has 2 n's and s's because one of each simply wasn't good enough.

Complete with shamrock.
I like Guinness, but I prefer Ale. I am really thinking about Chimay. Very strong. Bottled by trapist monks.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Guinness is by the best Stout, less calories than a pint of milk too. Also full of anti-oxidents. Goose Neck lager is pretty good also, but pretty hard to find. I haven't drank in over two years now, and man do I miss Guinness, I work in a sports bar, and I have to move the Kegs around all the time, so damn tempting.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Guinness is by the best Stout, less calories than a pint of milk too. Also full of anti-oxidents. Goose Neck lager is pretty good also, but pretty hard to find. I haven't drank in over two years now, and man do I miss Guinness, I work in a sports bar, and I have to move the Kegs around all the time, so damn tempting.
I dont drink beer as often as I do red wine. I consume a couple of glasses a week even during times of dieting and I don't feel I gain any weight because of it. Actually, as weird as it may seem I feel healthier when I have a couple of glasses of red wine weekly.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I definitely think a glass or too once in a while is perfectly fine, however I am watching my father kill himself with alcohol, and really hate the person he has become thanks to it. I always have had self control with it, but I don't like to play Russian Roulette with something like addiction and have it beat me. Just to clarify I am not bashing any one that drinks or looking down upon them, if you can do it in moderation I say go for it.

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
Go with a good German beer. Warstiener and Bitburger are 2 that come to mind. Very good and very smooth.

Sorry to hear about your dad pmiller. As you say, moderation and self control are key.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Keystone Ice!!! :woohoo: Theirs you a cheap ale!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I definitely think a glass or too once in a while is perfectly fine, however I am watching my father kill himself with alcohol, and really hate the person he has become thanks to it. I always have had self control with it, but I don't like to play Russian Roulette with something like addiction and have it beat me. Just to clarify I am not bashing any one that drinks or looking down upon them, if you can do it in moderation I say go for it.
I used to drink all the time and every day.Even by myself,and I would still get straight up drunk.I did this for years.I guess about 4 yrs.I don't get people who push it too far and don't quit,or can't quit.My Dad drinks everyday but he doesn't get wasted or anything.Still drinks way too much and I just don't get it.Theirs no point in doing it,or reasoning behind it.I understand socially,but not everyday.I had to go to AA for probation before and these people are crazy!I guess it's the addiction though.Maybe i'm lucky,or just have lots of willpower with a combination of love and drive for BB'ing.Idk.I don't fight cravings or anything,and I'm telling you I got drunk prob 98% of the days out of four years and would start as early as possible.I started buying two 30 packs of keystone ice to give my buyer breaks from going to the liquor store with me.Thats also why I bought ice cause it lasted longer.

This is embarrasing to say,but I started pissing the bed alot.It started very little,then it got out of hand.I'm talking big puddles and often.From what I have read it's being in basically an alcahol induced coma,and your body can't wake you up.Some people have died from things like freezing to death because of this.Even with this obvious sign of a problem,along with getting wasted alone,and alcahol caused legal trouble(twice)I still quit without AA and no cravings.I will drink socially from time to time too,without pissing the bed thankfully.I haven't drank in about 4 months though.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Yes! now were talking, I love Sam adams Ale. Its good and its easy to get. Reps.
Definitely! Every Sam Adams Seasonal (Winter Ale, White Ale, and Oktoberfest) are all delicious.. their Hefeweizen is great too -- really a great line of brews that get's criticized too often..

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout.
It says oatmeal in the name and we all know oats are good for us!

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
When I did drink it was either Warstiener or $2 Black & Tans(Guinness/Bass)at Bennigan's on Tuesday nights.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anything watery and light...Not a fan of those thick ass beers.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My favorite through college and beyond. Either Smithwick's, guinness, or spaten would be my number 2 beer.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established

Complete with shamrock.
yup yup,
get it on tap though, if you're going for the botte, get the extra stout. serious carbs for bulking, lol half kidding since I don't know how 'empty' beer calories are when they're good quality beer as opposed to corn/rice water like bud, coors, etc.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
My favorite through college and beyond. Either Smithwick's, guinness, or spaten would be my number 2 beer.

Excellent choice. Newcastle and Guinness are probably my favorites, but I'm perfectly content pounding a 40 of OE.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You're gay.....lol

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Hoegaarden is an amazing brew if you can find it! I've only ever seen it a couple places.. but it tastes wonderful..

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:think:..............:FUfinger:............:D
Still.........wait,............ yup......................GAY!!!

hahaha, yo wait till the O son, we will be champs!!!! I might just get up on stage to show Jay cutler how jacked and tan i am...LMFAO...:toofunny:

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried Arrogantbastard? A guy at my work raves about it. I think on cheat day I am drinking with him becease he has a ton of beer at his house that I've never tried or heard of.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
These are all great beers you guys have listed, I've had all of them. How about Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Anchor Porter, anything by Dogfish Head or Rogue? I have one for you, you'll dig it if you like darker beers. I give you "Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout". It's got a twang to it. I found it at ABC liquor in College Park(Orlando). It is gooood. Google it, I'm getting the T-shirt it's sooo good. Pour it in a rounded glass and just smell it.

Delerium Tremens
Maude Dite (sp?)
Fin du Monde
Three Philosophers *

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

smithwicks I got in one of those sams club multipacks having never heard of it, but damn, it is a nice beer. i was really surprised.

Also I forgot the weihenstephaner dunkel hefeweisen...

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Dunkel - Brauerei Weihenstephan - Beer Advocate

the oldest beer brewery on earth. Its a wheat beer with a darkish beer taste. astounding stuff. Not really very common to find.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I've been to the one on 60 in clearwater. Is hoppsters still there near the publix in the sort of middle of westchase? they used to do lambics there in the microbrewery, cheap as hell for that during happy hour :D

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
The Florida guys:I'm ashamed of you! No Yuengling shoutouts?
If you're on the East coast, try Yuengling. It's the bestest ever!
Shiner-Bock is the "Texas" beer.
It's good, but it's no Yuengling.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yuengling's black and tan in the bottle is nice, i'll grant that

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't say i really like it man. I'm more of a irish/german beer guy.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
While I was at Ft.Bragg I used to drink Yuengling a good but. It was like $6 for a twelve pack of bottles. It was okay, but I swear there was a higher alcohol contrent in there than the normal piss water 4%.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
While I was at Ft.Bragg I used to drink Yuengling a good but. It was like $6 for a twelve pack of bottles. It was okay, but I swear there was a higher alcohol contrent in there than the normal piss water 4%.
All dark beers,ales,malt liqour,and lagers have a higher alcahol content.At least every one I have ever seen.The alcahol content drops a hair with light beers compared to their original as well.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
All dark beers,ales,malt liqour,and lagers have a higher alcahol content.At least every one I have ever seen.The alcahol content drops a hair with light beers compared to their original as well.
I know, I'm talking about Yuengling Light specifically. I should have been more clearer on that one.

majorpain

majorpain

Awards
Has anyone tried Arrogantbastard? A guy at my work raves about it. I think on cheat day I am drinking with him becease he has a ton of beer at his house that I've never tried or heard of.

Arrogant Bastard is good stuff, try it! Or better yet, try a Double Bastard if you can find it.

majorpain

majorpain

Awards
I really like Stone Brewery's Anniversary beers.
Double Bastard
Old Guardian Barley Wine
Imperial Russian Stout
Those three are my favorite by Stone.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Julius Echter is good too. I like smooth beers, without a bitter finish.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I like Guinness, but I prefer Ale. I am really thinking about Chimay. Very strong. Bottled by trapist monks.
Chimay is the balls...VERY yeasty...tastes like you're drinking a piece of bread....

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another one of my favs! :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long till you are in westchase t1? need to find out if hoppers is still there, i miss going :D

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm a fan of a small northern california microbrewery that makes "Great White" it is truly amazing. Santa Barbara Brew Co. has some great brews too if you are ever in that area.

MB