Gym ****** and their dumb ****

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
So today I saw a guy drinking 4, FOUR, redlines. He was 'that' guy in the gym. He came equipped with:

1) retarded looking designer shirt 3 sizes too small.
2) Bandana on UNDERNEATH a black skull cap
3) ZUBAS!
4) Cellphone on waistband (he was on his phone at least twice)
5) walking around with a dip belt on. Didn't see him to dips
6) All I saw him to was biceps, triceps and abs.
7) idiotic looking puma shoes. They looked like those race car driver shoes
8) unnecessary grunting and even screaming.
9) retarded 'soul patch' facial hair

What have you seen?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I work out in Manhattan. I have seen just about everything you can think of..

GotRam01

GotRam01

Awards
i love
#1 watching guys work out, like doing 1 arm rows on a cellphone
#2 Guys who load up the bar and do half arsed squats
#3. The biggest peeve of all time, the groups of guys who spend 3 hours in the gym only to accomplish occupying a variety of machines and just sitting on them and talking.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
You didn't like my Puma's?
Those four redlines get me pumped.
and finally yesterday was chest day so whats wrong with just doing tri's/ and Bi's today.

April fool's, gotta laugh at these guys lol

JDF

Awards
  • Established
a chick that was like 6' tall and had a back that put every dude at the gym to shame...i was honestly impressed when she benched 315x3

More old people waving 10lb weights around than i've ever cared to see

More naked old wierd dudes that stand there in the locker room stark naked talking to each other, seriously creeps me out

GotRam01

GotRam01

Awards
I work out in Manhattan. I have seen just about everything you can think of..
feel sorry for you bro, its like that video... my new haircut
Two heinekins broski:cheers:

GotRam01

GotRam01

Awards
JDF, that chick kinda sounds a little scary, the old dudes in the locker room are a killer. Theres one old guy at my gym who works out in a beater and spandex daisy dukes. That really kills me

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
there is a guy that comes to my gym does bis and tris supersetted everyday in a tight black t-shirt, jeans, diesels, and black skull cap. He also feels the need to wear his detective shield on his belt for all to see.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I like redline, but four cans? That's asking for a ****in heart attack.

Pimp C

Awards
i remember when guys use to bring their bottle of vpx clenbutrx in the gym and take cc's in between sets of squats.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So today I saw a guy drinking 4, FOUR, redlines. He was 'that' guy in the gym. He came equipped with:

3) ZUBAS!

What have you seen?

I don't pay attention to other people in the gym. Really I don't see anything cause I'm in the zone b i t c h!.

:clean:

Pimp C

Awards
funniest thing i've ever seen was a trainer making this 50 year old lady do squats on a wobble board.

teribleturtle

Awards
I guess just the dudes that wear extemely tight clothes all black, or are decked out in "Tap Out" gear, dirty smelly ass skull caps, and yell and grunt exteremely loud, you know the yells; "PUSH IT MAN! PUSH IT!! ARRRGGGGGGGHHHH ROAAAAARRRRR!!! HELL YEAH!! MAN!!!" I dunno I find these guys so anoying, the funny thing is that I only see them doing either; bench presses and bicep curls, maybe a tricep excercise once in a while. They also look at me strange like I am some monster doing clean and jerks, deadlifts, or squats, but then again they have matchstick legs. Theres also this weird guy that brings a ton of creatine to the gym and takes it as he works out.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Why is it that when old naked guys are in the locker room they always have there foot on the bench and are touching there nasty yellow toe nail feet leaving you with the no way around the money shot................

MMABoxing

Awards
feel sorry for you bro, its like that video... my new haircut
Two heinekins broski:cheers:

lol that vid is halarious. Mom i tolled u to get me some protein arrrrrrrrrrr. ...PROTEINNNNN,,,,,,, MUSCLE MILK..........HGHHHHHH

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I can see these kind of threads getting a bit old.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Those creepy old naked dudes seriously scared me for life..

So I had just joined the gym and was unaware of how creepy these old guys can get. I was bending down by my locker, which I had mistakenly choosen a locker by the sauna, and I was on one knee trying to get something out of my locker when this HEEYYOOOGGAAHH freaking fat old dude comes strolling by w/ his meat whistle buzzing right along. He f'ing walks super close to me and I notice him when he's right next to me out of the corner of my eye and I seriously fell over trying to move away from this dude!

He looked at me like I had 3 heads because of how I reacted and I can only imagine the super pissed off look on my own face!! From that point forward I NEVER EVER pick a lower locker and NEVER pick a locker by the sauna.

Freaking unreal these creepy dudes

EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT

Awards
We get those types in all shapes and sizes.
We got one dude who comes in who walks taking huge steps each time he strides, his jogging pants are too small ( the cotton type) which are floods up past his ankles and he also walks with his arm way out beside him as if his biceps were being pushed out by his nonexistent lats. Oh, he also has a white towel around his neck the whole time.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can see these kind of threads getting a bit old.

Exactly, seems to me people are spending way too much time worrying about other people in the gym. Also this thread seem to be really judgemental. RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!. Don't go around judging other people just acept them for who they are and go on with your life. When I go to the gym I'm there for a workout, I don't give a s h i t what anyone elese is wearing or doing or how they are acting. Really I don't even have the time to bother....

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established

3) ZUBAS!

What have you seen?
lmaoo ohh i wish i was there to see that scene

thing that bugd me in the gym is this guy always come with "MAGIC-JOHNSON" shorts .. u know the short that only comes to ure tighs

and on top of it people who sweat and never spray down the machines:rant:

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
More naked old wierd dudes that stand there in the locker room stark naked talking to each other, seriously creeps me out
And why do they have to shave their face naked at the gym? Can't they at least put some clothes on first? And one time I saw some nasty friggin toenail clippings on the sink counter. And then there's the person at my gym who takes craps every day and doesn't flush it.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Exactly, seems to me people are spending way too much time worrying about other people in the gym. Also this thread seem to be really judgemental. RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!. Don't go around judging other people just acept them for who they are and go on with your life. When I go to the gym I'm there for a workout, I don't give a s h i t what anyone elese is wearing or doing or how they are acting. Really I don't even have the time to bother....
When you're around the same lifters and have several minutes each work-out to do nothing but look around (in between sets) and do nothing else the mind is left to wonder and entertain itself. You can't even begin to tell me that you haven't seen people like these or someone similar and had your own little conversation inside your head about them, what they're doing or what they're wearing.

Firsttofight

Firsttofight

Awards
I am sure you have encountered people at the gym who smell really bad, I'm talking its been a few weeks, ya know what I mean. But the thing is, seriously, when they wake up that morning and think to themselves, "man I am going to the gym today and get jacked up for the ladies," why the fvck don't they think, "man maybe I shoulda shower more than once a week."

It just doesnt make sense that they have enough motivation to drag their asses to the gym, but they can't take a fvcken shower???

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
a chick that was like 6' tall and had a back that put every dude at the gym to shame...i was honestly impressed when she benched 315x3

More old people waving 10lb weights around than i've ever cared to see

i know what your talking about with the old dudes, i never see them anywhere in the gym other then the locker room, and all they do in the locker room is stand around completely naked talking to each other. its weird

packers1200

packers1200

Awards
you really should be like that but every once in a while you catch a glimpse of some nasty old lady with tight pink spandex and rolls hanging out and honestly your workout should have a delay in it because you are puking your freaking guts out and then your pre-workout stuff is no longer in your system.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i'd have to say the thing's i've seen in the gym that make me feel strangest would be when i see a man twice my size but to be able to see/tell him eye to eye that he ain't half the man i am, and he knows it.

another thing would have to be the clannishness of the powerlifting teams. i worked out with one for a while, but they didn't 'accept' me. i didn't wanna talk; i wanted to work. i eventually just went back to my own thing.

another thing that i've seen that bothers me is the elites being catty when someone new asks for their help/advice. especially when it's the owner of the gym, as he is running a business, and it should be a good business. not to mention, that owner whose stature that kid wants to have, should remember what it was like learning/being weak and help the sprat.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah, and i hate inzer shirts that are 2 sizes too small. men should wear shirts that when they lift their goddamn arms, you can't see their lil bellybutton.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
I saw this middle aged woman yesterday wearing those "message pants" (you know the ones that fathers of 12 year old girls let there daughters wear so child molesters can get all worked up), they were pink sweat pants and they said "boy parking" on the ass.

I saw a teenage kid sitting on a bench about to do dumbell flyes but, of course becuase he was using way to heavy dumbells (god forbid a kid use light weights and correct form) instead of raising them out to his sides he was moving them back and forth about 2-3 inches! I about **** myself when I saw that one.

But the granddaddy of them all was this old guy at my old gym and he smelled awful and always wore sweatpants, headband, wristbands, etc. and honestly had his own way of doing every single machine excercise. He would hook up a chain to every cable excercise and just use it in some completely mind boggling way. I still have no idea what the **** he was doing.

teribleturtle

Awards
i'd have to say the thing's i've seen in the gym that make me feel strangest would be when i see a man twice my size but to be able to see/tell him eye to eye that he ain't half the man i am, and he knows it.

another thing would have to be the clannishness of the powerlifting teams. i worked out with one for a while, but they didn't 'accept' me. i didn't wanna talk; i wanted to work. i eventually just went back to my own thing.

another thing that i've seen that bothers me is the elites being catty when someone new asks for their help/advice. especially when it's the owner of the gym, as he is running a business, and it should be a good business. not to mention, that owner whose stature that kid wants to have, should remember what it was like learning/being weak and help the sprat.
Yes that really bothers me also when "elites" act like asses or in a very condescending fashion towards newer, smaller lifters. I still remember how intimidating it was the first few times I began going to the gym. Luckily there were a couple of "elites" who were a bit sympathetic and gave me some pointers and advice. It was very reassuring to have that advice, which is why whenever I see a kid who looks kinda lost in the weight room i'll give him a few pointers.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
The first and last time I saw something to post in this thread was last year. You know how girls/young women wear thongs pulled up kinda high so that you can see them from the back? Well, I saw that on a guy. It kinda made me want to puke. I was really glad I wasn't working on the same equipment he was using that day. It just really freaked me out.

FOOFAC

FOOFAC

Awards
  • Established
But the granddaddy of them all was this old guy at my old gym and he smelled awful and always wore sweatpants, headband, wristbands, etc. and honestly had his own way of doing every single machine excercise. He would hook up a chain to every cable excercise and just use it in some completely mind boggling way. I still have no idea what the **** he was doing.
Wow we had a guy like this years ago what a flashback!
BTW I'm a screamer so I take exception to #8. lol

3PeteNC

3PeteNC

Awards
oh yeah, and i hate inzer shirts that are 2 sizes too small. men should wear shirts that when they lift their goddamn arms, you can't see their lil bellybutton.

inzer shirts are made to be tight, if they werent there would be no point in using them, as it wouldnt help you bench

koopa

koopa

Awards
****ing student tosspots who come in with their hair all long and emo style. They come in with at least two other skinny pals and just laugh at each other as they attempt a 100lb bench press.

They pull all the dumbells off the rack and leave them on the floor then pick up a 25kg barbell and do those horrid barbell curls where they dont lower their arms past parallel to the floor using their hips to jerk the weight up

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
people like this is what make the world go round
we can't all be gym studs, it would lose the magic and mystique

KSMA

KSMA

Awards
BTW I'm a screamer so I take exception to #8. lol
Personally i dont think the grunt is bad or the occasional scream, its acceptable if I look over and see the grunter/screamer obviously pushing themselves as hard as they can, its when a muscular person is using obviously light weight and screaming like an alter boy getting special bible instruction from a preist ..thats when its a no go.

Anyone remember the dude from dodgeball with the glasses that read obscure sports quarterly or whatever? That guy is in my gym. Spandex workout gear, fanny pack and headband, even the weird magazines. I see him almost everyday and its like a trainwreck...i cant help but look

goaussiego

goaussiego

Awards
i actually train at home these days cause these sorts of stories and so on have pissed me off long enough but when i was at the gym there was one guy who wrapped himself up like a dam mummy with tight knee wraps, lifting belt gloves and stuff on would load the bar up with only about 100-120kg(220) and do the stupidist quater squats in the squat cage barely going down at all and making a fair bit of noise doing it haha. suprise suprise he did not have very big legs either haha

Muscledad

Awards
My gym has this guy that is either a military recruiter or some sort of high school coach. He brings 2 or 3 kids in with him that he is "helping" workout. He will load up the bars with weight that he himself works out with and spots the kids while doing their reps. I swear every day I see him and I just want to smack him and let him know that he isn't helping these kids at all. I mean come on, when the spotter is shaking to help you, not only are you teaching bad form, you are doing all the work for them.

Firsttofight

Firsttofight

Awards
The spandex underarmour shirts drive me insane in the membrane. The only they help is to raise the lifters level of gayness.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One of the gyms that i go to has a guy with Richard Simmons like hair and the same little tiny shorts. He never develops any muscle, has bad form and he stares while you train. Makes me laugh!

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately, I workout at LA fitness in Atlanta, I have nothing but MILF's and the Tool's who support them.
So thats plastic women in their late thirties or early forties, and Men in their Late fifties and sixties.
Sucks to be the young guy at 39. I also have the trainers who spend more time on their cell phones than training someone, While making their client exercise on one of those huge balls.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
God... Reading this thread makes me want to open a real gym someday... A place of iron... not plastic.

MB

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I spend time working out at the gym. Not looking at people working out lol.

gibbob2

gibbob2

Awards
  • Established
40-50 year old man, 5 feet tall. 150lbs. Fills the leg press., it took him atleast 20minutes to actually put all the plates on the press... he then walks to the front, buys a muscle milk, chugs it. gets his wife off the treadmill to come watch him. and starts doing ankle , yes ANKLE presses with the rach full (2000+lbs)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
40-50 year old man, 5 feet tall. 150lbs. Fills the leg press., it took him atleast 20minutes to actually put all the plates on the press... he then walks to the front, buys a muscle milk, chugs it. gets his wife off the treadmill to come watch him. and starts doing ankle , yes ANKLE presses with the rach full (2000+lbs)
This seems to be a common workout for misinformed oldies.. I've seen at least a couple others doing this too.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Douche bags that stand in front of a bench that they aren't using, say, as they do curls, but then when they are done curling, they put the weights on the floor in front of them, and then don't sit on the bench. They just stand there, blocking the bench.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
ahhhh.... the reverse hanging clean.... one of the most popular bicep exercises ever! ROFLMAO!!!

MB