Gym ****** and their dumb ****

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by BigNutz View Post
    But the granddaddy of them all was this old guy at my old gym and he smelled awful and always wore sweatpants, headband, wristbands, etc. and honestly had his own way of doing every single machine excercise. He would hook up a chain to every cable excercise and just use it in some completely mind boggling way. I still have no idea what the **** he was doing.
    Wow we had a guy like this years ago what a flashback!
    BTW I'm a screamer so I take exception to #8. lol

2. Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    oh yeah, and i hate inzer shirts that are 2 sizes too small. men should wear shirts that when they lift their goddamn arms, you can't see their lil bellybutton.

inzer shirts are made to be tight, if they werent there would be no point in using them, as it wouldnt help you bench
    •   

3. ****ing student tosspots who come in with their hair all long and emo style. They come in with at least two other skinny pals and just laugh at each other as they attempt a 100lb bench press.

They pull all the dumbells off the rack and leave them on the floor then pick up a 25kg barbell and do those horrid barbell curls where they dont lower their arms past parallel to the floor using their hips to jerk the weight up

4. people like this is what make the world go round
    we can't all be gym studs, it would lose the magic and mystique

5. Quote Originally Posted by FOOFAC View Post
    Personally i dont think the grunt is bad or the occasional scream, its acceptable if I look over and see the grunter/screamer obviously pushing themselves as hard as they can, its when a muscular person is using obviously light weight and screaming like an alter boy getting special bible instruction from a preist ..thats when its a no go.

Anyone remember the dude from dodgeball with the glasses that read obscure sports quarterly or whatever? That guy is in my gym. Spandex workout gear, fanny pack and headband, even the weird magazines. I see him almost everyday and its like a trainwreck...i cant help but look
    •   

6. i actually train at home these days cause these sorts of stories and so on have pissed me off long enough but when i was at the gym there was one guy who wrapped himself up like a dam mummy with tight knee wraps, lifting belt gloves and stuff on would load the bar up with only about 100-120kg(220) and do the stupidist quater squats in the squat cage barely going down at all and making a fair bit of noise doing it haha. suprise suprise he did not have very big legs either haha

7. My gym has this guy that is either a military recruiter or some sort of high school coach. He brings 2 or 3 kids in with him that he is "helping" workout. He will load up the bars with weight that he himself works out with and spots the kids while doing their reps. I swear every day I see him and I just want to smack him and let him know that he isn't helping these kids at all. I mean come on, when the spotter is shaking to help you, not only are you teaching bad form, you are doing all the work for them.

8. The spandex underarmour shirts drive me insane in the membrane. The only they help is to raise the lifters level of gayness.

9. One of the gyms that i go to has a guy with Richard Simmons like hair and the same little tiny shorts. He never develops any muscle, has bad form and he stares while you train. Makes me laugh!

10. Unfortunately, I workout at LA fitness in Atlanta, I have nothing but MILF's and the Tool's who support them.
    So thats plastic women in their late thirties or early forties, and Men in their Late fifties and sixties.
    Sucks to be the young guy at 39. I also have the trainers who spend more time on their cell phones than training someone, While making their client exercise on one of those huge balls.

11. God... Reading this thread makes me want to open a real gym someday... A place of iron... not plastic.

MB
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

12. Quote Originally Posted by FOOFAC View Post
    How YOU doin'? Ahhahaha
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

13. Quote Originally Posted by leetuser View Post
    What a suck pump.

14. I spend time working out at the gym. Not looking at people working out lol.

15. 40-50 year old man, 5 feet tall. 150lbs. Fills the leg press., it took him atleast 20minutes to actually put all the plates on the press... he then walks to the front, buys a muscle milk, chugs it. gets his wife off the treadmill to come watch him. and starts doing ankle , yes ANKLE presses with the rach full (2000+lbs)

16. Quote Originally Posted by gibbob2 View Post
    40-50 year old man, 5 feet tall. 150lbs. Fills the leg press., it took him atleast 20minutes to actually put all the plates on the press... he then walks to the front, buys a muscle milk, chugs it. gets his wife off the treadmill to come watch him. and starts doing ankle , yes ANKLE presses with the rach full (2000+lbs)
    This seems to be a common workout for misinformed oldies.. I've seen at least a couple others doing this too.

17. Douche bags that stand in front of a bench that they aren't using, say, as they do curls, but then when they are done curling, they put the weights on the floor in front of them, and then don't sit on the bench. They just stand there, blocking the bench.

18. Quote Originally Posted by leetuser View Post
    lol I see the same thing happening......all the time!!!

19. ahhhh.... the reverse hanging clean.... one of the most popular bicep exercises ever! ROFLMAO!!!

MB
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

20. Hm, let's see:

- Guys who do more talking and visiting than working out.
    - Guys who try too hard to impress the few women who workout at the gym.
    - Guys who think they're the biggest and baddest in the gym, therefore they're extremely cocky and mouthy.
    - Guys who look in the mirrors on the walls and kiss their biceps.
    - People who sweat all over the equipment and don't bother to wipe it off.
    - People who don't re-rack the weights.
    - People who leave in the middle of their sets, leave the equipment the way it is, take their sweetass time, then return to finish their workout.
    - People who make a mess in the locker room and then complain about how 'others' make a mess of the locker room.
    - People who grunt, scream and squeal for no reason necessary.
    - Old men who workout and then walk around the locker room in the nude.

21. I'm starting to think that the gym posers have a board of their own where they discuss methods of annoying us...

MB

22. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    Hm, let's see:

- Guys who do more talking and visiting than working out.
    - Guys who try too hard to impress the few women who workout at the gym.
    - Guys who think they're the biggest and baddest in the gym, therefore they're extremely cocky and mouthy.
    - Guys who look in the mirrors on the walls and kiss their biceps.
    - People who sweat all over the equipment and don't bother to wipe it off.
    - People who don't re-rack the weights.
    - People who leave in the middle of their sets, leave the equipment the way it is, take their sweetass time, then return to finish their workout.
    - People who make a mess in the locker room and then complain about how 'others' make a mess of the locker room.
    - People who grunt, scream and squeal for no reason necessary.
    - Old men who workout and then walk around the locker room in the nude.
    just to add to that I hate when people rock a duece at the gym and dont flush it...honestly...do you do that sh!t at home??? ( no pun intended )

I hate smelling that when i've been sweating and can barely breath when I walk back into the locker room

23. I feel sorry for yall. I reckon im lucky. I work out at the college gym where at any given time there is about 300 people working out, 90% of them 18-22 year old hotties on the ten million eliptical machines that are there. I have no time to be disgusted by the 20 other guys in the weight area, im too busy trying to get the squat rack closest to the "girl" area. Cardio days are really rough if you know what i mean.

24. Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
    I'm starting to think that the gym posers have a board of their own where they discuss methods of annoying us...

MB
    are you talking about bb.com?

25. I hate watching personal trainers put people through those really weak training sessions doing all sorts of weird excercises. And, can you tell when someone has had a personal trainer? I can just by the weird stuff that they do when working out. I never see these people get results.

26. Quote Originally Posted by KSMA View Post
    are you talking about bb.com?

27. I plan on having my own in-home gym someday.

Dreams do come true.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
    God... Reading this thread makes me want to open a real gym someday... A place of iron... not plastic.

MB

28. Quote Originally Posted by remeizo View Post
    I hate watching personal trainers put people through those really weak training sessions doing all sorts of weird excercises. And, can you tell when someone has had a personal trainer? I can just by the weird stuff that they do when working out. I never see these people get results.
    Do you mean exercises like squats on a balance board ontop of a medicine ball?

29. what, you guys don;t do those? haha

" Do you mean exercises like squats on a balance board ontop of a medicine ball? "

classic when they fall
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. I may be dumb?
    By Coalminer89 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 05:48 PM
  2. OMG! How dumb is she?
    By DmitryWI in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 03:30 PM
  3. How dumb am I?