Custom Orthotics

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone recommend places to get these made? I'm assuming insurance won't cover, but I need to explore some options for my left foot. Little by little it appears that I'm losing stability and I'm sure part of it is weight related.

This may be tha next best thing (hopefully) to going tha chop shop.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Chop shop :( don't talk like that!
Hopefully someone will have some info. I know we have some places here in Ohio that do them.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Chop shop :( don't talk like that!
Hopefully someone will have some info. I know we have some places here in Ohio that do them.
lol... I started working out again since tha last time you saw me and put on about 7 lbs. Even though it's good weight, it's just hard on my body.

I think I know of a place or two locally as well. I just don't know if I can walk in, or if it's best to get a referral.

Once there, what am I looking for? What makes one place better than another, or are they all similar?

tattoopierced1

Foot Levelers work well.. been using them for about 2 years now.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would go to your Dr and get a good referal . He should have some knowledge of the locals in your area and who does the best work!

I'm going to fly out and kick your ass if you keep up the chop shop talk:(

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you look on ebay there are sellers who will ship you the foam boxes, you do the imprint yourself, and they ship back the orthotics pretty inexpensively

tattoopierced1

if you look on ebay there are sellers who will ship you the foam boxes, you do the imprint yourself, and they ship back the orthotics pretty inexpensively
thats how the foot levelers do it. I got mine through my chiro. and insurance paid for it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats how the foot levelers do it. I got mine through my chiro. and insurance paid for it.

Foot levelers takes custom scans as well.

My chiro used the scanning machine to see exactly how my weight was distributed then sent the specs to foot levelers with the right corrections. I love them :)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Foot levelers takes custom scans as well.

My chiro used the scanning machine to see exactly how my weight was distributed then sent the specs to foot levelers with the right corrections. I love them :)
So go to a Chiro with scanning first? I've been always tempted to see a Chiro, just been nervous because I'm not your typical client.

...there's no pricing / buy options on their site. I'm guessing I should send an email inquiry?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So go to a Chiro with scanning first? I've been always tempted to see a Chiro, just been nervous because I'm not your typical client.

...there's no pricing / buy options on their site. I'm guessing I should send an email inquiry?

They have an option on their website to find one in your area. Mine were around $300.

KelJu

KelJu

Awards
Funny you should ask. I got Plantar Fasciitis a month ago, and custom othotix cured it in under 2 weeks. My podiatrist used the foot imaging pad that you walk across to scan my feet. I stand all day on concrete at work, and I run on pavement. These orthotix are wonderful!

I would get a podiatrist to make them rather than I chiropractor.