Good Movies

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Let's start a thread about movies, recent and old that everybodys seen and likes.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Today I watched Gone Baby Gone

Great movie with a twist, and greater because it was filmed in my hometown of Boston

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang i watch soooooo many movies. I watched pretty much every movie that came out last summer(i worked at a theatre) and me and my friends watch several movies a week. I have been in a recent drought of good movies tho...

with that said one of my all time favorite movies is Gladiator

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
What ever you do DONT SEE 10000 BC, top 5 worst movies ever made.

Gone Baby Gone was a pleasant surprise. As for other recent ones I would say Semi-Pro was enjoyable, Jumper was crappy, Cloverfield was sweet, Sweeny Todd was awesome, damn I see too many movies so I'm gonna stop there.

Up coming movies to see: Indiana Jones 4, new Jet Li Jackie Chan movie, Iron Man.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone ever seen the movie "Revolver" by Guy Ritchie? The critics seem to think its the worst film ever, but the fans mostly think that it was pretty good. It had a limited release in Dec.2007 in the U.S., but I think its been out in various other countries, since 2005. Here's the link-Revolver Its available on DVD this Tuesday, so I'm inclined to rent it.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
My work here is done.

Attachments

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Swingers! "Your F'in money baby"

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Him! That's the guy! Joe Dirt Joe Dirt!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Him! That's the guy! Joe Dirt Joe Dirt!
What am I gonna do, give up? I can't do that man. You can't have no in your heart brother. Life's a garden, dig it? You make it work for you, you never give up, that's my philosophy.

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
How about Pathfinder? While certainly not Oscar material, it was at least entertaining. There is nothing quite like good old savage brutality on the big screen.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Recently watched "Wall St" for the first time. Awesome movie, and always funny seeing a 1986 mobile phone.

The Prestige - another awesome movie. I'll pretty much watch anything with Christian Bale in it.

Juno - absolutely terrible. You just want to punch the main chick.

3:10 to Yuma - well worth watching.

Eastern Promises - a little overated but still a good watch.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We Own the Night-great movie even if it has marky mark.

August Rush-Uhhh, no don't bother really.

Man of the House-One of my personal favs with Tommy Lee Jones.

No Country for Old Men-based solely on the reviews, I'm dying to see this one.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
The Departed - In the spirit of St. Patty's :)
12 Angry Men - Henry Fonda, CSI ain't got nothing on me.
Casablanca - Of all the gin joints in all the world, she had to walk in to mine.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
This is a good thread idea, but I think recent/current movie reviews/picks should be separate from say for instance greatest/favorite movies.

But heres my contribution:

'08s

Jumper-sucked

meet the spartans-stupid, some funny stuff

fools gold-actually not bad, also predictable, but funny

Semipro-not his best/worst, funny and worthwhile for ferrel fans

untraceable-pretty good, somewhat predictable

Vantage point-pretty good

Cant wait for Ironman.

Older favorites: Heat, Usual suspects, naked gun, spaceballs, star wars, casablanca, gladiator, weekend at bernies, beverly hills cop, my favorite year, logans run, clue, scarface, enter the dragon, billy madison, platoon, waterboy, the good the bad and the ugly, needfull things, virtuosity, the princess bride, training day, three days of the condor, pulp fiction.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
The Departed.for St. Pat's. Drinnk a green beer in honor, plus Boston is a great town.

That intro is great, look it up on your tube.
"I dont wanna be a product of my environment, i want my environment to be a product of ME."
"Nobody gives it to you, you gotta take it"

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I cant wait for Indiana Jones 4. It makes me want to go out and buy the others. Thats a great series of movies.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I cant wait for Indiana Jones 4. It makes me want to go out and buy the others. Thats a great series of movies.
Hell yea man, when I watched the trailer and the theme started playing I got a quick chill. Also it doesn't need ANY mentioning but I will do it anyway: The Dark Knight!

For those that have missed it:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I purchased The Departed after I watched it once. It was great. I am Legend is was great- plan to purchase the DVD of that one also. No Country For Old Men was pretty damn good- don't know if its worth purchasing though.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
i cant wait to see i am legend
:dance:

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
What ever you do DONT SEE 10000 BC, top 5 worst movies ever made.

Gone Baby Gone was a pleasant surprise. As for other recent ones I would say Semi-Pro was enjoyable, Jumper was crappy, Cloverfield was sweet, Sweeny Todd was awesome, damn I see too many movies so I'm gonna stop there.

Up coming movies to see: Indiana Jones 4, new Jet Li Jackie Chan movie, Iron Man.

yea i saw 10000 bc and it was the worst movie i ever saw, then saw never back down the next day that is probably the best fighting movie i have ever seen, i recommend it to all people =)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Iron man looks really cheesy...
I'm looking forward to Ironman, especially to see how well Robert Downey Jr does. The comic relief/comedy looks really well done in the previews but has the potential to get annoying.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
yea i saw 10000 bc and it was the worst movie i ever saw, then saw never back done the next day that is probably the best fighting movie i have ever seen, i recommend it to all people =)
A reviewer called it the twisted love child of" Step up 2 the Streets 2" and "Fight Club." Is it really the best fighting movie you've ever seen? IMHO, "City of Violence" would be my top pick. I'm reluctant to believe that a U.S. film would ever be considered top notch as far as fight scenes go, unless a choreographer from Hong Kong was involved.

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
Its about this kid named jake who gets in a fight while on the football team and knocks this big guy out in one hit, and its a 225lb dude, so he has to move again, and he ends up going to this party and the host guy is like this is where all of our excitement is and shows people fighting in a circle, then since the host saw his video on youtube he wants to fight jake because the host is the best fighter in L.A., but he didnt know and it ends up being about the host guy trying to fight him the whole movie and the jake kid training his ass off. Its really good though, my gf even went with me and she even liked it, and she hates action/ fighting movies. Now go see it =)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its about this kid named jake who gets in a fight while on the football team and knocks this big guy out in one hit, and its a 225lb dude, so he has to move again, and he ends up going to this party and the host guy is like this is where all of our excitement is and shows people fighting in a circle, then since the host saw his video on youtube he wants to fight jake because the host is the best fighter in L.A., but he didnt know and it ends up being about the host guy trying to fight him the whole movie and the jake kid training his ass off. Its really good though, my gf even went with me and she even liked it, and she hates action/ fighting movies. Now go see it =)

Like really dude????:fool2:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Older
Saving Private Ryan
Black Hawk Down
Gladiator
Conan the Barbarian
Commando
Predator

Exorcist
Phantasm
Nightmare on Elmstreet
Silver Bullet
Creepshow
Evil Dead 1/2/Army of Darkness
Lost Boys
Hellraiser
Scanners

Christine
Firestarter
The Hitcher
Fatal Attraction

Beastmaster
Action Jackson
Beverly Hills Cop
Hilander
Indiana Jones
Remo William
Midnight Run
Robocop
Romancing the Stone
Red Heat
Top Gun
Young Guns

Airplane
Beetlejuice
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Princess Bride
Blazing Saddles
Caddyshack
Clue
Coming to America
Fletch
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Johnny Dangerously
The Money Pit
License to Drive
National Lampoon's Vacation
Monty Python
Raising Arizona
Running Scared
Scrooged
Ghost Busters
Stripes
Trading Places
Weird Science
Spaceballs
Strange Brew
Gremlins

Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai
Starwars
Bladerunner
Back to the Future
Dreamscape
Alien
Krull
Ladyhawk
The LAst Starfighter
The Running Man
Star Trek

Big Trouble in Little China
Karate Kid
The Last Dragon

The Dark Crystal
ET
Goonies
Neverending Story
Labrynth

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Suerely, you can't be serious?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Big Trouble in Little China

I thought I was the only one who liked that movie :woohoo:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love that movie...
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't quite get Big Trouble in Little China, then again I didn't like Pulp Fiction either.
Some that have been mentioned already that I've enjoyed lately:

The Departed
3:10 to Yuma
The Last Samurai
Momento (Unique but confusing!)
Pan's Labyrinth

I try and read when I've got time, but I can watch like 10 movies and be so comfy instead of reading a single book lol. 80 more pages to go in this one, You Shall Know Our Velocity by David Eggers. From AM somebody mentioned The Thing They Carried, and so I read that book and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
If there was ONE movie that I could permanently ban everybody under the age of 21 from seeing, this would absolutely be it.

There is nothing that could inappropriately glorify the hot headed, stereotypical badass sh!tball, disrespectful, high-school playboy, overly aggressive-hostile-piece-of-sh!t-attitude that IS our American male youth more than this folly.. the concept is a HUGE step in the wrong direction for impressionable young minds.. awful.

Not to mention the black guy (Djimon whatever) who stars in the movie never bothered to learn how to use voice intonation..

Never back down! = nevaAA BACK down..

mcour1226

mcour1226

Awards
No Country for Old Men wasn't half as good as the reviews made it out to be.. I was disappointed. Anyone else agree?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No Country for Old Men wasn't half as good as the reviews made it out to be.. I was disappointed. Anyone else agree?

Yeah I was somewhat disapointed also. It was worth what I spent to rent it though. Not a bad movie but not as good as it was made out to be.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Song Remains the Same by Led Zeppelin
The Doors with Val Kilmer

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Lock Stock and two smoking barrels...........one of the best movies to come out of the UK in a long time.

Snatch and Fight CLub. Both good Pitt movies as well.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Just saw the new movie Eastern Promises a couple nights ago. Viggo Mortensen was nominated for Best Actor in that film. It was a really good movie. It's about the Russian mafia in London.

wondering221

Awards
no country for old men just kinda left me feeling.....'uh'
i thought it was kinda stupid, and the ending sucked.

v for vendetta was a really cool, different movie, anyone here see that?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heat. i watched it back in my friends Dvd player in his car. didn't get to finish it. if I have time ...

I watched it back when it came out in 1997

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
"No Country for Old Men" was okay. The ending was a bit of a disappointment. It was definitely overhyped. I rented "Revolver" today and I liked a good bit. I'm not understanding the reasoning for it taking two years to make it to the U.S. when the majority of the actors in it are Americans.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
"No Country for Old Men" was okay. The ending was a bit of a disappointment. It was definitely overhyped. I rented "Revolver" today and I liked a good bit. I'm not understanding the reasoning for it taking two years to make it to the U.S. when the majority of the actors in it are Americans.
Probably because it was considered crap in the UK. I never bothered watching it because of the poor reveiws it received. And i hate paying £4 to hire a movie that only goes for 80 mins.

Kevf

Kevf

Awards
You guys can't be serious. No Country For Old Men was awesome!

Other movies I enjoyed recently and are must-see:

- Me and You and Everyone We Know
- Pan's Labyrinth
- Stardust
- Broken Flowers
- The Fountain
- Sunshine (see it on a big screen, with dts. Because it's mainly for the bizar sun-fx).

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stardust was the **** :)
Although I hate to admit it 27 dresses wasn't bad either.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Probably because it was considered crap in the UK. I never bothered watching it because of the poor reveiws it received. And i hate paying £4 to hire a movie that only goes for 80 mins.
You can't base everything on reviews, since Will Smith movies typically get good reviews:run:.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a Karate Kid ripoff.