Premieum Text Mesage ?!?!?!?

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
I noticed that my last few verizon wireless statement a little higher and finally had a chance to go back and look at them. I noticed for the last three months under my breakdown of hours allocated used, text msg's, and pic msg's, there a fourth line that says Premium Text Messages, 0 allocated, usage 1 - fee $9.99. WTF? Anyone know what these types of text messages are and why they show up?

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I noticed that my last few verizon wireless statement a little higher and finally had a chance to go back and look at them. I noticed for the last three months under my breakdown of hours allocated used, text msg's, and pic msg's, there a fourth line that says Premium Text Messages, 0 allocated, usage 1 - fee $9.99. WTF? Anyone know what these types of text messages are and why they show up?

looks like you signed up for the $9.99 unlimited txt option

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
looks like you signed up for the $9.99 unlimited txt option
all of my text messages are showing up under a separate line with allocated and usage. this is a separate line on my bill in addition to this. and it says i used 1.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you get any TXT spam?

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
all of my text messages are showing up under a separate line with allocated and usage. this is a separate line on my bill in addition to this. and it says i used 1.
not sure then, best bet just call Verizon

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeppers! could that be it?
Yep..it is a classic scam, often perpetrated by the actual service provider.

Oftentimes they will also work WITH spammers to allow TXT spamming and split the fees, hoping you will not pay attention to your bill.

I would call and raise holy freaking hell...try to get reimbursed and perhaps a discount on the bill.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Yep..it is a classic scam, often perpetrated by the actual service provider.

Oftentimes they will also work WITH spammers to allow TXT spamming and split the fees, hoping you will not pay attention to your bill.

I would call and raise holy freaking hell...try to get reimbursed and perhaps a discount on the bill.
geesh - another item for the to do list!

thanks - the soap is working out great btw!

MOOSE

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dsade again.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
One of the reasons I'm dropping Verizon next month.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
I personally have never had a problem with verizon service, I love em (their prices ehh, not so much).

I've only received one spam text. When asked about it, I was told about their investigation on the matter, as many other people got it, and it has not happened again. I've had their service for a good 5 years, ever since getting a cell phone.

More than likely, if you call them about it, they will explain it to you. Either that, or take the charge off.

Like another member said, did you sign up for any form of text messaging? You said it was on a line of it's own. Did it also have a price? Is your bill 9.99 over what it SHOULD be (with everything you are getting).

I've never been nickel and dimed, or been hit with suspicious fees from verizon.

Keep us updated!

-A happy verizon customer

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
similar problem with Cingular / ATT

I just signed for a new contract to get a discount on a new phone

mysteriously i got signed up for a $15.00/mo text message plan as well..which i just caught on my bill this month bc it was $50 higher than last month

i need to call them and yell at them today for it... plus the guy at the store never had me sign any contract..the only thing i signed was confirming my credit card transaction... by law they have to present you with a contract / either verbal or written for it to be valid. neither was done other than being verbally told that my contract would be extended for 2 years.
this should be interesting

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
I personally have never had a problem with verizon service, I love em (their prices ehh, not so much).

I've only received one spam text. When asked about it, I was told about their investigation on the matter, as many other people got it, and it has not happened again. I've had their service for a good 5 years, ever since getting a cell phone.

More than likely, if you call them about it, they will explain it to you. Either that, or take the charge off.

Like another member said, did you sign up for any form of text messaging? You said it was on a line of it's own. Did it also have a price? Is your bill 9.99 over what it SHOULD be (with everything you are getting).

I've never been nickel and dimed, or been hit with suspicious fees from verizon.

Keep us updated!

-A happy verizon customer
yes it was a line item charge. e.g.

service allocated used charges

unlimited text msgs - 68 0.00
picture text msgs 50 0 0.00
premium text msges - 1 9.99

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
sooooooo.

'ere is dee storrrrrree.

i called verizon. they put a block on premium text messaging to my phone and account. they also said whenever you recieve one of these messages (spams) to reply back immediately with Stop in the txt message reply. that is supposed to stop them from sending them again. they also said that is normally from a ring tone company that sends you a freebie but unbeknownst to you subscribes you to their service and this is their monthly fee. now this adds up as when my alma mater was in the bowl this year i thought it would be neat to have our fight song as my ringer and i have been gettting this since january.

and so it goes.

verizon is backfitting the charges and fixing my bills! bravo zulu!

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
sooooooo.

'ere is dee storrrrrree.

i called verizon. they put a block on premium text messaging to my phone and account. they also said whenever you recieve one of these messages (spams) to reply back immediately with Stop in the txt message reply. that is supposed to stop them from sending them again. they also said that is normally from a ring tone company that sends you a freebie but unbeknownst to you subscribes you to their service and this is their monthly fee. now this adds up as when my alma mater was in the bowl this year i thought it would be neat to have our fight song as my ringer and i have been gettting this since january.

and so it goes.

verizon is backfitting the charges and fixing my bills! bravo zulu!

glad you got everything taken care of!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good resolution.