Ex-Military--- Do you miss your M16??????

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have been out for a year now and i`m really starting to miss my m16.
i know that sounds odd but i guess when you`re in the infantry that you kinda bond with your weapon.

anyways i was just seeing if anyone else felt this. and if you can buy a m16.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i know that sounds odd but i guess when you`re in the infantry that you kinda bond with your weapon.

What was her name?

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
You can buy an M-16. You have to have a Class III weapons permit. I know a guy that has one even. Not a cheap gun for a civillian to buy for sure.

Oh, and I don't miss my M-16 as I was never in the armed forces. My sister, her husband (both Air Force), my uncle (Navy), my girlfriend (Army) and her sister (Marines) all were.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can buy an M-16. You have to have a Class III weapons permit. I know a guy that has one even. Not a cheap gun for a civillian to buy for sure.

Oh, and I don't miss my M-16 as I was never in the armed forces. My sister, her husband (both Air Force), my uncle (Navy), my girlfriend (Army) and her sister (Marines) all were.
how do you get a class 3?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had an M4 since 1997. you just got out and you're missing the 16? LOL

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well i have never even held a gun but me and my friends named our guns in COD.... :D

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established

M16 a4 with a acog scope. yes sir!

you were army right? Marines don`t get the new goodies. we get the hand me downs from the army:whiner:

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
holy sh!t!!!! even in TX???? lol
Its a federal permit. It knows no boundries.

But with the Class III you also get a shot at owning what are called 'destructive devices'. Basically any rifled bore gun bigger than .50, incendiary rounds, tracers, grenade launchers, silencers, bayonette lugs on your guns, sawed off shot guns, etc.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Eh, I'm more of a AR-15 or M4 guy. Can't say that I miss them seeing how I just cleaned them. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Speaking of m16's, we need to get on some COD4 this week homie!

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
M16 a4 with a acog scope. yes sir!

you were army right? Marines don`t get the new goodies. we get the hand me downs from the army:whiner:
I miss mine! I have also been wanting to get an M16 and /or an M4. Yeah, we did get the effing Army hand me downs! I remember seeing all these National Guardsmen out in Iraq looking like straight up AZZ, but they all had decked out M4's!! I was like WHAT THE FVCK??!!! LOL!

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I miss mine! I have also been wanting to get an M16 and /or an M4. Yeah, we did get the effing Army hand me downs! I remember seeing all these National Guardsmen out in Iraq looking like straight up AZZ, but they all had decked out M4's!! I was like WHAT THE FVCK??!!! LOL!

yup! nasty army fcukers! looking like ass while on patrol.

lol.

always leaving MRE trash everywhere.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey bro i`m down whenever you`re ready to lose!:twisted:
We need to get some sort of 3 lettered clan tag so we can draft a nice little AM clan.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Since I don't know **** about it, if you plan COD4 online, does it all have to be done on one platform? i.e. everyone is on XBOX or everyone is on PS3, not a mixed group?

I've never played online, but this winter after my kid gets here I have a feeling I'm going to be spending more weekends parked at home.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since I don't know **** about it, if you plan COD4 online, does it all have to be done on one platform? i.e. everyone is on XBOX or everyone is on PS3, not a mixed group?

I've never played online, but this winter after my kid gets here I have a feeling I'm going to be spending more weekends parked at home.
Yeah, you have to all have the same gaming console(xbox,or ps3)to all play together online. Get an 360 man, xbox live is awesome stuff!

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you have to all have the same gaming console(xbox,or ps3)to all play together online. Get an 360 man, xbox live is awesome stuff!
Thats what I've been reading. I'm a die hard Sony fan though. The ultimate situation would be to have both, but then whats the point? Buying every game twice would get old in a hurry.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats what I've been reading. I'm a die hard Sony fan though. The ultimate situation would be to have both, but then whats the point? Buying every game twice would get old in a hurry.
I really like sony myself, but xbox has completely nailed the online thing.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Y'all are gay ......(a special message for chad)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went IN in '96., but since we were stationed away from the front (air defense) they never got around to issuing us the M4.

But yeah, I do miss the M16...after firing other weapons, nothing just "feels" the same.

By the time I got out, I had the M16 mastered, and could nail my way through the range almost without effort.

Last range I went to, I had a distracting coach...and had just nailed 20/20 in the foxhole position. My weapon was unloaded and next to me when I heard the tower call to lock and load, and commence firing for the prone. I had to jump out, roll over (grabbing my weapon and magazine in the roll), slam it home, lock/load then aim. I ended up missing the first target with no shots fired, second target I popped two quick rounds at (missed) then got the rest.

Ended up with a 38, but I was still proud. IMO, more accurately assessed my performance under pressure.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have a friend with a manufacturers liscense so he can own whatever he wants. He has guns galore. So if I want to shoot the odd gun I just go over there!

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I have a friend with a manufacturers liscense so he can own whatever he wants. He has guns galore. So if I want to shoot the odd gun I just go over there!
Is that a Class II? I think my ex father in law has that. He makes conversion kits for just about every rifle made, to shoot a .50 Beowulf round.

I'd like a manufacturers license. That would kick ass other than I have no where to test anything. :blink:

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established

Of course you can buy one man. Not fully auto though. I been out for years now but looking at getting my sig version of the M16

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=35&productid=211

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
http://www.impactguns.com/store/MGT-02105.html

This isn't military issue, but you get the point. Check out the price. The guy I know paid a little more than that for his M-16. There are also a few "M-16" conversions as well, for a little less money, but its still not cheap.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I went IN in '96., but since we were stationed away from the front (air defense) they never got around to issuing us the M4.

But yeah, I do miss the M16...after firing other weapons, nothing just "feels" the same.

By the time I got out, I had the M16 mastered, and could nail my way through the range almost without effort.

Last range I went to, I had a distracting coach...and had just nailed 20/20 in the foxhole position. My weapon was unloaded and next to me when I heard the tower call to lock and load, and commence firing for the prone. I had to jump out, roll over (grabbing my weapon and magazine in the roll), slam it home, lock/load then aim. I ended up missing the first target with no shots fired, second target I popped two quick rounds at (missed) then got the rest.

Ended up with a 38, but I was still proud. IMO, more accurately assessed my performance under pressure.

Damn you all a bunch of young bucks, I got out in 97

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you are ever in the area Chad let me know. My buddy can get you one alot cheaper I bet. He has some crazy guns. Like a huge one on a tripod thats belt fed and illegal to shoot because it blows the windows out of houses for miles....lol

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I went in in 1996 myself :)

BTW, even standard military issue isn't full auto (waste of ammo) Just buy an AR15

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you are ever in the area Chad let me know. My buddy can get you one alot cheaper I bet. He has some crazy guns. Like a huge one on a tripod thats belt fed and illegal to shoot because it blows the windows out of houses for miles....lol

where do you live???!!!!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ohio although he might be able to ship one. i'm not sure how that works.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys...Nutra just picked up a whole bunch of Bulk M-16s.

Should we offer a stack deal?

/no, not really

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I got out in 2006.....the only time i was issued an M16 was in korea during exercises. The A1 was fully auto, I went through a clip in about 5 seconds. The A2's (which are standard) now are all 3 round burst and semi. I think the military is switching over to the M4's though. My friend bought an M16 a few yrs back without a permit or anything. In NY you can go to walmart and buy a rifle just showing an ID. Not sure about other states though. He paid i think 800 for his.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established

Thinking the same thing. Most of them are in the 1-2k range even at a local gun store.

mmm, superlights (and at only 1215 a piece)
There are tons of AR-15 style rifles out there.

Colt
http://www.impactguns.com/store/colt_rifles.html

Bushmaster
http://www.impactguns.com/store/bushmaster_223_rifles.html

Armalite
http://www.impactguns.com/store/armalite_m15.html

High Standard
http://www.impactguns.com/store/high_standard.html

Wilson Combat Rifles
http://www.impactguns.com/store/wilson_rifles.html

DPMS
http://www.impactguns.com/store/dpms_223.html

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
**** I miss EVERYTHING. The corps, the rifle, everything. Well maybe boots-n-utes runs, ehh not so much. I also don't miss getting weight waivers every time there was a weigh in as if I was a disgusting fatbody.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also don't miss getting weight waivers every time there was a weigh in as if I was a disgusting fatbody.
I hated this, too....and their measurement procedures varied by as much as 10% bodyfat.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I hated this, too....and their measurement procedures varied by as much as 10% bodyfat.
Yeah I don't know what the procedure is now but when I was in they tape measured your neck and waist looked on a chart to get your bf%. Totally inaccurate. Then I had to submit pictures in my pt gear and charlies with it to the CO for approval. Frustrating beyond belief.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
**** I miss EVERYTHING. The corps, the rifle, everything. Well maybe boots-n-utes runs, ehh not so much. I also don't miss getting weight waivers every time there was a weigh in as if I was a disgusting fatbody.

yeah i needed a waiver to get in!!!! i was 255lbs @ 11%bf and doing 22 pull ups!! got out of boot @ 205lbs doing 16 pull ups!!

:frustrate:frustrate:frustrate:frustrate:frustrate:frustrate

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
yeah i needed a waiver to get in!!!! i was 255lbs @ 11%bf and doing 22 pull ups!! got out of boot @ 205lbs doing 16 pull ups!!

:frustrate:frustrate:frustrate:frustrate:frustrate:frustrate
sissy

HARDtotheCORE

Awards
I have a bushmaster M4 totally decked out.... its got a quadrail, foregrip, barska electro AR15 scope w/ a forward mount... and a shitload of preban 30 round mags!!! way too much fun. check out AR15 dot com and go to the equipment exhange... tons of good gun shops and individuals selling some pretty awesome pieces. Also check out gunbroker dot com .... its basically ebay for guns. some really hot deals on there as well.

I wouldnt bother getting your class III license.. seems like a waste of time, money, and ammo. With the rising costs of ammo these days, it seems stupid to get a full auto AR chambered in .223/5.56. Getting a full auto 9mm or .22 on the other hand... now thats just fun!! Good luck finding a new piece!
- HTTC