Looking for some Dubs.....20" Rims

  1. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,632
    Answers
    0

    Looking for some Dubs.....20" Rims


    Well I'm about to buy an 04' or 05'Chevy Impala. I am going to sell my current car and plan to get ~$4,000 for it. With that money I want to pick up some Chrome 20"s for my new ride. I know it's not practical but it's somthing I've always wanted and it looks like I'll soon be back living the batchlor life and well want to look fly

    Anyone here know much about what is a quality brand to go with? Im kinda clueless when it comes to that kinda stuff.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  2. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,489
    Answers
    0

    Back to the bachelor life ? explain.


    I think rims are really tacky and to be in Michigan (?) it is not practical, esp with the winters. Oh well, anyways.



    Rims: Omega, Lexani, Niche, Lorenzo. There are others but those are quality ones and 'allegedly' triple chome dipped.

    Tires: Pirelli, Sumitomo



    A few things you want to keep in mind:

    1. You need to know what your car will accept in the rim to width ratio.

    If you get 20s, they have 20x7.5, 20x8, 20x8.5

    20=20" high
    8.5= 8.5" wide

    Yes, it DOES matter how wide they are. If you don't get this right you'll grind against your strut mounts (most likely the rear, not front).

    2. Rims are a pain in the ass to take care of. Expect to clean them every single day if you want to keep them looking nice. (brake dust).



    Then you need to figure out your tires.

    You can probably run a 225/35/20

    or a 235/35/20


    A 35 sidewall is nice, but if you hit a pothole you're going to crack your rim, several guys I know did this.

    40 sidewall is probably the highest you'll want to go. Your rims look best when there is really not a lot of tire, without really high side walls.



    I like Lorenzos the most.

    20' Lorenzos+Pirelli tires is probably going to run $7,000-$8,000+
  3. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,489
    Answers
    0

    That's right, I make it rain on dem hoez.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,853
    Answers
    0

    Bigger wheels also means bigger brakes. Otherwise stopping can become an issue, somewhat dangerous.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  5. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,489
    Answers
    0

    Yeah you'll run the shlt out of your brakes.

    Plus I hope that Impala is a V6.


    If its a V4 then forget it.

    Getting those rims in motion that probably weigh close to the car is going to take a lot from the engine.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,632
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    That's right, I make it rain on dem hoez.
    haha thanks bro.

    My wife wants to leave me because I'll be traveling out of state to pursue my baseball career and well she's not budgeing.

    Sine I'm moveing that's why I was going to get them. Somewhere like FL,NC,GA,SC,TX,AZ etc...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  7. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,489
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    haha thanks bro.

    My wife wants to leave me because I'll be traveling out of state to pursue my baseball career and well she's not budgeing.

    Sine I'm moveing that's why I was going to get them. Somewhere like FL,NC,GA,SC,TX,AZ etc...

    Well, in marriage, it is in good times and in bad. If baseball is your dream, there's no reason why you shouldnt pursue it.


    I hope everything works out for the best for you.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,632
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Well, in marriage, it is in good times and in bad. If baseball is your dream, there's no reason why you shouldnt pursue it.


    I hope everything works out for the best for you.
    Thanks man, and yea since 8th grade I knew this is what I was suppose to do.

    You might be getting some PM's from me when the time draws a little more near for me to actually fork out the cash.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  9. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,489
    Answers
    0

    Yeah, check out those brands. They sell quality. Omega/Lexani tend to be a bit more flamboyant.
  10. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,791
    Answers
    0

    http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/

    good place to shop. they allow you to select multiple packages and they do plus sizing to allow for the overall size of the tire/rim combo to not be too far off of your stock setting. 20's won't be an issue.
  11. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    haha thanks bro.

    My wife wants to leave me because I'll be traveling out of state to pursue my baseball career and well she's not budgeing.

    Sine I'm moveing that's why I was going to get them. Somewhere like FL,NC,GA,SC,TX,AZ etc...
    sorry to hear that man...good luck with everything.
  12. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Back to the bachelor life ? explain.


    I think rims are really tacky and to be in Michigan (?) it is not practical, esp with the winters. Oh well, anyways.



    Rims: Omega, Lexani, Niche, Lorenzo. There are others but those are quality ones and 'allegedly' triple chome dipped.

    Tires: Pirelli, Sumitomo



    A few things you want to keep in mind:

    1. You need to know what your car will accept in the rim to width ratio.

    If you get 20s, they have 20x7.5, 20x8, 20x8.5

    20=20" high
    8.5= 8.5" wide

    Yes, it DOES matter how wide they are. If you don't get this right you'll grind against your strut mounts (most likely the rear, not front).

    2. Rims are a pain in the ass to take care of. Expect to clean them every single day if you want to keep them looking nice. (brake dust).



    Then you need to figure out your tires.

    You can probably run a 225/35/20

    or a 235/35/20


    A 35 sidewall is nice, but if you hit a pothole you're going to crack your rim, several guys I know did this.

    40 sidewall is probably the highest you'll want to go. Your rims look best when there is really not a lot of tire, without really high side walls.



    I like Lorenzos the most.

    20' Lorenzos+Pirelli tires is probably going to run $7,000-$8,000+
    For someone that thinks rims are tacky, you sure know a hell of a lot about them. I'm with you on them being tacky, complete waste of cash, IMO, but whatever makes you happy.
  13. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,633
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Well I'm about to buy an 04' or 05'Chevy Impala. I am going to sell my current car and plan to get ~$4,000 for it. With that money I want to pick up some Chrome 20"s for my new ride. I know it's not practical but it's somthing I've always wanted and it looks like I'll soon be back living the batchlor life and well want to look fly

    Anyone here know much about what is a quality brand to go with? Im kinda clueless when it comes to that kinda stuff.

    Don't you mean wheels?
  14. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,633
    Answers
    0

    Sorry about your dee-vorce. You should save your money for something elese besides chrome wheels for your new car. I just don't understand why people spend money on things like that.
  15. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,489
    Answers
    0

    i know a lot about cars in general, not just rims.
  16. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,489
    Answers
    0

    I agree. 7,000-8,000 dollars is just an utter waste of money unless you really do have excess money to spend.

    Not targeting DW at all, but individuals in general who have excessively large rims with no cash (like every person in Miami,FL) is just insecure and trying to compensate for something else lacking in their life.
  17. Advanced Member
    t3stxlr4titud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    652
    Answers
    0

    Very typical. Look for all show no go. Big wheels add no value, and funny you are leaving your wife to pursue a Baseball career. At least get your career started, before worrying about wheels.

    I won't even start about the fact you want to put rims on a 7th gen Impala.

    -TF
  18. Advanced Member
    t3stxlr4titud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    652
    Answers
    0

    However, if you are going to get wheels do it right and get some HRE's.

    -TF
  19. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,489
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by t3stxlr4titud View Post
    Very typical. Look for all show no go. Big wheels add no value, and funny you are leaving your wife to pursue a Baseball career. At least get your career started, before worrying about wheels.

    I won't even start about the fact you want to put rims on a 7th gen Impala.

    -TF
    ouch. damn.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,632
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by t3stxlr4titud View Post
    Very typical. Look for all show no go. Big wheels add no value, and funny you are leaving your wife to pursue a Baseball career. At least get your career started, before worrying about wheels.

    I won't even start about the fact you want to put rims on a 7th gen Impala.

    -TF
    Hey d i c k face you have no idea what the f u c k you are talking about. You have no clue about my situation so don't even try to give advice about anything. If you have nothing constructive to say about the rims, get the f u c k out.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  21. Senior Member
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,977
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Hey d i c k face you have no idea what the f u c k you are talking about. You have no clue about my situation so don't even try to give advice about anything. If you have nothing constructive to say about the rims, get the f u c k out.
    Youch...
  22. Advanced Member
    t3stxlr4titud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    652
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Hey d i c k face you have no idea what the f u c k you are talking about. You have no clue about my situation so don't even try to give advice about anything. If you have nothing constructive to say about the rims, get the f u c k out.
    I never claimed to know your situation, but I do know about cars and everything that pertains to them, and the fact that you are looking to buy "dubs" for a 04-05 Impala, says you are in no situation to buy wheels. Which then tells me that your career in baseball is in a local softball league.

    I say save your coin and buy a couple cases of spits and Big League Chew.

    -TF
  23. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,632
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by t3stxlr4titud View Post
    I never claimed to know your situation, but I do know about cars and everything that pertains to them, and the fact that you are looking to buy "dubs" for a 04-05 Impala, says you are in no situation to buy wheels. Which then tells me that your career in baseball is in a local softball league.

    I say save your coin and buy a couple cases of spits and Big League Chew.

    -TF


    exactly you have NO CLUE on whats going on
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  24. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post


    exactly you have NO CLUE on whats going on
    What is going on? Are you rich? That's a lot of cake to be throwing out on some useless sh*t, if you're not rich.
  25. Senior Member
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,977
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by t3stxlr4titud View Post
    I never claimed to know your situation, but I do know about cars and everything that pertains to them, and the fact that you are looking to buy "dubs" for a 04-05 Impala, says you are in no situation to buy wheels. Which then tells me that your career in baseball is in a local softball league.

    I say save your coin and buy a couple cases of spits and Big League Chew.


    -TF
  26. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,632
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    What is going on? Are you rich? That's a lot of cake to be throwing out on some useless sh*t, if you're not rich.
    Um....No not really "rich" I guess. It's way too much to try and explain. See now you saying

    "DW That's a lot of cake to be throwing out on some useless sh*t,IMO" is straight with me, I can respect that.

    But when he said somthing about my relations and happenings with my wife.....thats too far, he has no idea about any of that and shouldn't act like he has a clue.

    I started this thread with the intentions to get good info. on the stuff at hand and make an educated purchase. It would be at least a few months from now, as I plan everything well in advance.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  27. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Um....No not really "rich" I guess. It's way too much to try and explain. See now you saying

    "DW That's a lot of cake to be throwing out on some useless sh*t,IMO" is straight with me, I can respect that.

    But when he said somthing about my relations and happenings with my wife.....thats too far, he has no idea about any of that and shouldn't act like he has a clue.

    I started this thread with the intentions to get good info. on the stuff at hand and make an educated purchase. It would be at least a few months from now, as I plan everything well in advance.
    It's your decision. If having rims will make you happier, then go for it. I'm sure I spend money on stuff that a lot of people would consider useless. I really like the older Impala's, maybe around 96?
  28. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    It's your decision. If having rims will make you happier, then go for it. I'm sure I spend money on stuff that a lot of people would consider useless. I really like the older Impala's, maybe around 96?
    yeah, i like those mid 90s impalas too.

    i dunno anything about rims, so personally if I was in your situation, I'd prob sell my current car and take the money from that and the $8k and upgrade. but like i said, i dont really know anything about rims, not much about cars either for that matter
  29. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Answers
    0

    ok, i just read your first post again. ignore my last one, as i originally read your first post wrong
  30. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,632
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    It's your decision. If having rims will make you happier, then go for it. I'm sure I spend money on stuff that a lot of people would consider useless. I really like the older Impala's, maybe around 96?
    Yea those Impala's are real tite. The one I am getting is a steal. It's my buddies grandparent's old car. Car has like 30,000miles and they just want what he owes on it which is minimal.

    If I can find an older one with decent miles it could be a possibility. You know, make a sell and buy type thing.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  31. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,606
    Answers
    0

    skip the rims and throw a supercharger om that chevy!!!
  32. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,606
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by t3stxlr4titud View Post
    However, if you are going to get wheels do it right and get some HRE's.

    -TF

    agreed
  33. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,791
    Answers
    0

    Chill and let the guy buy whatever the hell he wants. If you have advice on his question then give it not then move on. i know plenty about cars and i can tell you that unless you're racing a vehicle on a track you're more than likely wasting more money on "go fast" **** than a set of rims.
  34. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Chill and let the guy buy whatever the hell he wants. If you have advice on his question then give it not then move on. i know plenty about cars and i can tell you that unless you're racing a vehicle on a track you're more than likely wasting more money on "go fast" **** than a set of rims.
    You never know when you might have to outrun the pigs
  35. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Answers
    0

    get it as fast as possible...if you ain't first, you're last!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  36. Advanced Member
    Ripped1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    786
    Answers
    0

    you want to run like a pimp go buy a Harley.

    Now the ladies love that. Screw all that rim talk. Put a girl on the back of you bike and hit that throtle. Trust me man Harley trumps rims
  37. Advanced Member
    t3stxlr4titud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    652
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped1 View Post
    you want to run like a pimp go buy a Harley.

    Now the ladies love that. Screw all that rim talk. Put a girl on the back of you bike and hit that throtle. Trust me man Harley trumps rims
    Only if want a pig with no teef, or that pig on American Idol:





    -TF
  38. Advanced Member
    Ripped1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    786
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by t3stxlr4titud View Post
    Only if want a pig with no teef, or that pig on American Idol:





    -TF
    Dude to funny
  39. Senior Member
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,977
    Answers
    0

    freakin nasty ho
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. J Dubs is SFW again
    By JW32Hoops in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 09:55 PM
  2. Help me out with my trucks rims please
    By pantherdude63 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 01:50 PM
  3. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM
  4. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:11 PM
  5. Better Dubs...
    By TheUnlikelyToad in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in