Looking for some Dubs.....20" Rims

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I'm about to buy an 04' or 05'Chevy Impala. I am going to sell my current car and plan to get ~$4,000 for it. With that money I want to pick up some Chrome 20"s for my new ride. I know it's not practical but it's somthing I've always wanted and it looks like I'll soon be back living the batchlor life :sad: and well want to look fly :cool:

Anyone here know much about what is a quality brand to go with? Im kinda clueless when it comes to that kinda stuff.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Back to the bachelor life ? explain.

I think rims are really tacky and to be in Michigan (?) it is not practical, esp with the winters. Oh well, anyways.

Rims: Omega, Lexani, Niche, Lorenzo. There are others but those are quality ones and 'allegedly' triple chome dipped.

Tires: Pirelli, Sumitomo

A few things you want to keep in mind:

1. You need to know what your car will accept in the rim to width ratio.

If you get 20s, they have 20x7.5, 20x8, 20x8.5

20=20" high
8.5= 8.5" wide

Yes, it DOES matter how wide they are. If you don't get this right you'll grind against your strut mounts (most likely the rear, not front).

2. Rims are a pain in the ass to take care of. Expect to clean them every single day if you want to keep them looking nice. (brake dust).

Then you need to figure out your tires.

You can probably run a 225/35/20

or a 235/35/20

A 35 sidewall is nice, but if you hit a pothole you're going to crack your rim, several guys I know did this.

40 sidewall is probably the highest you'll want to go. Your rims look best when there is really not a lot of tire, without really high side walls.

I like Lorenzos the most.

20' Lorenzos+Pirelli tires is probably going to run $7,000-$8,000+

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
That's right, I make it rain on dem hoez.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Bigger wheels also means bigger brakes. Otherwise stopping can become an issue, somewhat dangerous.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah you'll run the shlt out of your brakes.

Plus I hope that Impala is a V6.

If its a V4 then forget it.

Getting those rims in motion that probably weigh close to the car is going to take a lot from the engine.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's right, I make it rain on dem hoez.
haha thanks bro.

My wife wants to leave me because I'll be traveling out of state to pursue my baseball career and well she's not budgeing.

Sine I'm moveing that's why I was going to get them. Somewhere like FL,NC,GA,SC,TX,AZ etc...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
haha thanks bro.

My wife wants to leave me because I'll be traveling out of state to pursue my baseball career and well she's not budgeing.

Sine I'm moveing that's why I was going to get them. Somewhere like FL,NC,GA,SC,TX,AZ etc...

Well, in marriage, it is in good times and in bad. If baseball is your dream, there's no reason why you shouldnt pursue it.

I hope everything works out for the best for you.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, in marriage, it is in good times and in bad. If baseball is your dream, there's no reason why you shouldnt pursue it.

I hope everything works out for the best for you.
Thanks man, and yea since 8th grade I knew this is what I was suppose to do.

You might be getting some PM's from me when the time draws a little more near for me to actually fork out the cash.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, check out those brands. They sell quality. Omega/Lexani tend to be a bit more flamboyant.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
haha thanks bro.

sorry to hear that man...good luck with everything.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Back to the bachelor life ? explain.

I think rims are really tacky and to be in Michigan (?) it is not practical, esp with the winters. Oh well, anyways.

Rims: Omega, Lexani, Niche, Lorenzo. There are others but those are quality ones and 'allegedly' triple chome dipped.

Tires: Pirelli, Sumitomo

A few things you want to keep in mind:

1. You need to know what your car will accept in the rim to width ratio.

If you get 20s, they have 20x7.5, 20x8, 20x8.5

20=20" high
8.5= 8.5" wide

Yes, it DOES matter how wide they are. If you don't get this right you'll grind against your strut mounts (most likely the rear, not front).

2. Rims are a pain in the ass to take care of. Expect to clean them every single day if you want to keep them looking nice. (brake dust).

Then you need to figure out your tires.

You can probably run a 225/35/20

or a 235/35/20

A 35 sidewall is nice, but if you hit a pothole you're going to crack your rim, several guys I know did this.

40 sidewall is probably the highest you'll want to go. Your rims look best when there is really not a lot of tire, without really high side walls.

I like Lorenzos the most.

20' Lorenzos+Pirelli tires is probably going to run $7,000-$8,000+
For someone that thinks rims are tacky, you sure know a hell of a lot about them. I'm with you on them being tacky, complete waste of cash, IMO, but whatever makes you happy.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I'm about to buy an 04' or 05'Chevy Impala. I am going to sell my current car and plan to get ~$4,000 for it. With that money I want to pick up some Chrome 20"s for my new ride. I know it's not practical but it's somthing I've always wanted and it looks like I'll soon be back living the batchlor life :sad: and well want to look fly :cool:

Anyone here know much about what is a quality brand to go with? Im kinda clueless when it comes to that kinda stuff.

Don't you mean wheels?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry about your dee-vorce. You should save your money for something elese besides chrome wheels for your new car. I just don't understand why people spend money on things like that.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
i know a lot about cars in general, not just rims.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I agree. 7,000-8,000 dollars is just an utter waste of money unless you really do have excess money to spend.

Not targeting DW at all, but individuals in general who have excessively large rims with no cash (like every person in Miami,FL) is just insecure and trying to compensate for something else lacking in their life.

t3stxlr4titud

t3stxlr4titud

Awards
  • Established
Very typical. Look for all show no go. Big wheels add no value, and funny you are leaving your wife to pursue a Baseball career. At least get your career started, before worrying about wheels.

I won't even start about the fact you want to put rims on a 7th gen Impala.

-TF

t3stxlr4titud

t3stxlr4titud

Awards
  • Established
However, if you are going to get wheels do it right and get some HRE's.

-TF

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Very typical. Look for all show no go. Big wheels add no value, and funny you are leaving your wife to pursue a Baseball career. At least get your career started, before worrying about wheels.

-TF
ouch. damn.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

-TF
Hey d i c k face you have no idea what the f u c k you are talking about. You have no clue about my situation so don't even try to give advice about anything. If you have nothing constructive to say about the rims, get the f u c k out.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Hey d i c k face you have no idea what the f u c k you are talking about. You have no clue about my situation so don't even try to give advice about anything. If you have nothing constructive to say about the rims, get the f u c k out.
Youch...

t3stxlr4titud

t3stxlr4titud

Awards
  • Established
I never claimed to know your situation, but I do know about cars and everything that pertains to them, and the fact that you are looking to buy "dubs" for a 04-05 Impala, says you are in no situation to buy wheels. Which then tells me that your career in baseball is in a local softball league.

I say save your coin and buy a couple cases of spits and Big League Chew.

-TF

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never claimed to know your situation, but I do know about cars and everything that pertains to them, and the fact that you are looking to buy "dubs" for a 04-05 Impala, says you are in no situation to buy wheels. Which then tells me that your career in baseball is in a local softball league.

-TF
:toofunny:

exactly you have NO CLUE on whats going on

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established

-TF
:toofunny:

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is going on? Are you rich? That's a lot of cake to be throwing out on some useless sh*t, if you're not rich.
Um....No not really "rich" I guess. It's way too much to try and explain. See now you saying

"DW That's a lot of cake to be throwing out on some useless sh*t,IMO" is straight with me, I can respect that.

But when he said somthing about my relations and happenings with my wife.....thats too far, he has no idea about any of that and shouldn't act like he has a clue.

I started this thread with the intentions to get good info. on the stuff at hand and make an educated purchase. It would be at least a few months from now, as I plan everything well in advance.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Um....No not really "rich" I guess. It's way too much to try and explain. See now you saying

"DW That's a lot of cake to be throwing out on some useless sh*t,IMO" is straight with me, I can respect that.

But when he said somthing about my relations and happenings with my wife.....thats too far, he has no idea about any of that and shouldn't act like he has a clue.

I started this thread with the intentions to get good info. on the stuff at hand and make an educated purchase. It would be at least a few months from now, as I plan everything well in advance.
It's your decision. If having rims will make you happier, then go for it. I'm sure I spend money on stuff that a lot of people would consider useless. I really like the older Impala's, maybe around 96?

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
It's your decision. If having rims will make you happier, then go for it. I'm sure I spend money on stuff that a lot of people would consider useless. I really like the older Impala's, maybe around 96?
yeah, i like those mid 90s impalas too.

i dunno anything about rims, so personally if I was in your situation, I'd prob sell my current car and take the money from that and the $8k and upgrade. but like i said, i dont really know anything about rims, not much about cars either for that matter :blink:

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
ok, i just read your first post again. ignore my last one, as i originally read your first post wrong

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea those Impala's are real tite. The one I am getting is a steal. It's my buddies grandparent's old car. Car has like 30,000miles and they just want what he owes on it which is minimal.

If I can find an older one with decent miles it could be a possibility. You know, make a sell and buy type thing.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chill and let the guy buy whatever the hell he wants. If you have advice on his question then give it not then move on. i know plenty about cars and i can tell you that unless you're racing a vehicle on a track you're more than likely wasting more money on "go fast" **** than a set of rims.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Chill and let the guy buy whatever the hell he wants. If you have advice on his question then give it not then move on. i know plenty about cars and i can tell you that unless you're racing a vehicle on a track you're more than likely wasting more money on "go fast" **** than a set of rims.
You never know when you might have to outrun the pigs:twisted::run:

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
you want to run like a pimp go buy a Harley.

Now the ladies love that. Screw all that rim talk. Put a girl on the back of you bike and hit that throtle. Trust me man Harley trumps rims

t3stxlr4titud

t3stxlr4titud

Awards
  • Established
you want to run like a pimp go buy a Harley.

Now the ladies love that. Screw all that rim talk. Put a girl on the back of you bike and hit that throtle. Trust me man Harley trumps rims
Only if want a pig with no teef, or that pig on American Idol:

-TF