What is the Star about

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
ok I am curious to know what is up with all these star tattoos

Is this the new thing, getting green stars?

what is the meaning of the star?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
ok I am curious to know what is up with all these star tattoos

Is this the new thing, getting green stars?

what is the meaning of the star?
yeah i think i know what stars your talking about. i've seen them around a lot lately especially on the front of the shoulder.

On my bicep im getting the 6 stars of the australian flag with my friends initials in between. He passed away a fewyears ago. thank god he wasn't american, that wouldbe a c*nt of a tattoo lol.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
posers. Outlaw Star. Yeah I used to like anime a lot, I love feeling nostalgic.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
What kinda star are we talking about? Solid, an outline, the nautical? Me confused...

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I've seen the same thing here lately. A 5 pointed star, alternated points of black/no color and in groups of 3, or one on each shoulder.

The people I know that have them are into similar things, so I figured it was a quick way to identify who you could get oxycontin from. :)

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I have the bear and star from the California flag (see my avi) and the star is nautical instead of solid. It's not on my shoulder though, its on my right bicep. I have a friend with a star outline on the back of each elbow. This shoulder thing must not be big around here.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Nautical Star - The nautical star is a very old modern tattoo, going back at least a century or more. Back in the days of yore, before modern navigation, sailors would navigate in part by the stars in the night skies, in particular the North Star in the Northern Hemisphere, and various other constellations of stars in the night sky. In the Southern Hemisphere, sailors had to use different stars and the Southern Cross became quite well-known. Sailors would then tattoo nautical stars on them because they relied on the stars to take them home, and being superstitious, they hoped their star tattoos would get them home safely as well.

Compass stars are also popular for this reason. The nautical stars were originally used by sailors to help guide their way as they sailed through the night. They relied upon the stars to protect them and bring them home safely.

A lot of soldiers get nautical stars for the same reason...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Nautical Star - The nautical star is a very old modern tattoo, going back at least a century or more. Back in the days of yore, before modern navigation, sailors would navigate in part by the stars in the night skies, in particular the North Star in the Northern Hemisphere, and various other constellations of stars in the night sky. In the Southern Hemisphere, sailors had to use different stars and the Southern Cross became quite well-known. Sailors would then tattoo nautical stars on them because they relied on the stars to take them home, and being superstitious, they hoped their star tattoos would get them home safely as well.

Compass stars are also popular for this reason. The nautical stars were originally used by sailors to help guide their way as they sailed through the night. They relied upon the stars to protect them and bring them home safely.

A lot of soldiers get nautical stars for the same reason...
I have a nautical star.