dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried this places "pizza" recently. It was the most disgusting pizza I have ever "tried" to eat!. I can't believe some people eat this crap...

Amato's - Pizza :: Pasta :: Sandwiches - Welcome
We had something like this in Cali...it is like the White Castle of pizza places...took them like 2 minutes for the pie to be done after ordering, which should have been clue #1.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just get upset by little things like this because I hardly ever eat pizza. When I do I like it to at least taste good. It is amazing to me that places like this stay in business. I guess the a-typical 400 pound smoker, wel-fare mommas keep places like this in business!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Making bad pizza should be punishable by death in my book. I agree, I eat it once in a blue moon but it must be perfect. Luckily, there's an awesome pizza joint 3 blocks that's family owned and they make the best pizza I've ever had.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
A restaurant called 'pinnochios' opened up where I used to live. 17.99 for a large pizza. They didn't tell customers that 'cheese' had to be 'added on'. What came out was bread covered in tomato sauce. Or pepperoni or vegatables just sitting in tomato sauce and bread (aka dough) in some cases.

They served just over a hundred customers just that during their grand opening. Every single one of those pizzas went back into the kitchen (if the patrons didn't walk out) because the customer "forgot" to say he or she wanted cheese on their pizza. The manager would come out and blame the customer stating: 'it is not assumed that cheese should be/is included on a pizza'.

My family just laughed and walked out to go home and get delivery while our bread and tomato began to get cold on their expensive new tables.

Their grand closing was about 8 days later. It was a good run.

The Washington Post even published an article about them titled "Haha are you kidding me? Please close down." or something like that.

**I guess nobody ever knew if their pizza was 'bad' or could recieve consideration for 'worst ever'... nobody stuck it in their mouth...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
A restaurant called 'pinnochios' opened up where I used to live. 17.99 for a large pizza. They didn't tell customers that 'cheese' had to be 'added on'. What came out was bread covered in tomato sauce. Or pepperoni or vegatables just sitting in tomato sauce and bread (aka dough) in some cases.

They served just over a hundred customers just that during their grand opening. Every single one of those pizzas went back into the kitchen (if the patrons didn't walk out) because the customer "forgot" to say he or she wanted cheese on their pizza. The manager would come out and blame the customer stating: 'it is not assumed that cheese should be/is included on a pizza'.

My family just laughed and walked out to go home and get delivery while our bread and tomato began to get cold on their expensive new tables.

Their grand closing was about 8 days later. It was a good run.

The Washington Post even published an article about them titled "Haha are you kidding me? Please close down." or something like that.

**I guess nobody ever knew if their pizza was 'bad' or could recieve consideration for 'worst ever'... nobody stuck it in their mouth...
Where do you live exactly? I live in D.C./Arlington, Joe's Pizza is pretty good, as well as "The Italian Store".

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Where do you live exactly? I live in D.C./Arlington, Joe's Pizza is pretty good, as well as "The Italian Store".
That was in Montgomery Co. MD, don't live anywhere near there anymore

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That was in Montgomery Co. MD, don't live anywhere near there anymore
Did you ever eat at Dominic's, in Rockville? Very good. Ledo's is pretty decent as far as chain pizza joints go.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Pizza is one of those foods thats incredibly hard to fck up. Really just put anything on it, cover in cheese and BAM u got a tasty bit of food in front of you. How on earth a restaurant can get it so wrong........
The no cheese restaurant thing is bloody hiliarious.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Did you ever eat at Dominic's, in Rockville? Very good. Ledo's is pretty decent as far as chain pizza joints go.

Yup both of those were pretty good. The rest of the stuff at Ledo's wasn't great. I used to work at Potomac Pizza, I've never seen a place make so much money for such low quality pizza. They would make their own dough too.. $.59 to make the pizza, sold for $18.99

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Pizza is one of those foods thats incredibly hard to fck up. Really just put anything on it, cover in cheese and BAM u got a tasty bit of food in front of you. How on earth a restaurant can get it so wrong........
The no cheese restaurant thing is bloody hiliarious.
lol exactly the Question to be asking is HOW to screw up a pizza??!!!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yup both of those were pretty good. The rest of the stuff at Ledo's wasn't great. I used to work at Potomac Pizza, I've never seen a place make so much money for such low quality pizza. They would make their own dough too.. $.59 to make the pizza, sold for $18.99
I don't think I've ever eaten at Potomac Pizza, I may give it a shot next time I'm up there. Did you ever eat at Tally-Ho in Potomac. That place wasn't that great, but they always had some good looking chicks working there.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's something in Ohio called Cici's. All you can eat Pizza for $5. Lot's of obese people seem to hang out there. I've never tried it, but I can't imagine all you can eat pizza for $5 is going to be anything of quality. :sick:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I first moved up here(MAINE), I went to work at pizza place. The actually put LARD in the dough!. No I never tried the pizza. Maybe this place uses the same recipe or something. Maine is not exactly a place for PIZZA!. Although I do like the chain Papa Johns.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
There's something in Ohio called Cici's. All you can eat Pizza for $5. Lot's of obese people seem to hang out there. I've never tried it, but I can't imagine all you can eat pizza for $5 is going to be anything of quality. :sick:
That sh*t even looks horrible in the commercials. It looks like Elio's frozen pizza at best.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Originally from Philly so I was used to some of the best pizza in the world, Lorenzo's. I now live in MD and the pizza is ok but not great. If I had to give it a grade I would say B. Pizza Johns is big around the baltimore area, not a fan personally as it's a gimmicky pizza not real pizza. Pizza places in general around here use cheap ingredients and give you the bare minimum in terms of meat or a cheese.

In philly you cant even close a sandwhich because there's so much meat in it. Pizza that doesn't even fit on two plates! That is what I'm talking about. Lorenzo's hook it up, overnight me a slice.:food:

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
North Jersey FTMFW!:food: Your problem was they are a chain pizza place and I've never heard of any of those being good, whenever my friends in college order pizza hut or dominos I wonder how in the world they can think it tastes good. Made the mistake once of ordering pizza in west virginia once and lets just say once I cross the jersey state lines I'll be sticking to protein bars and mrp's from now on.:blink:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well thats the thing. In this state there are no good privately owned pizza shops. These people just can't make pizza. I grew up in CT where there are great pizza places. So the best choice I have is Papa Johns chain. Much better than the other chains. In my opinion if you go into the pizza place and the guy behind the counter isn't a full blooded italian and can speak english well you should walk out!. You give up certain good foods when you move to a different state. Hey at least I can get a fresh Lobstah roll(when in season).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
no good pizza in west texas.

god i hate texas.
I have to agree with you there. NO good pizza in El Paso.

Not only that, there were VERY few good MEXICAN restaurants...freaking 1 mile from the BORDER.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Best pizza I ever ran across was during my Sr. class trip to NY. We were staying on 57th street and there was this all night pizza place like 2 blocks down the street from our hotel. I wish I could remember the name, but after multiple nights of partying in downtown NY and hitting up that little sh!t hole pizza place - talk about a happy man! There's nothing even close to resembling an actual pizza in the "Great State" of Tennessee

EDIT: I found the Name "Angelo's Coal Oven Pizza" and the Hotel was the Salisbury Hotel

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best pizza I ever ran across was during my Sr. class trip to NY. We were staying on 57th street and there was this all night pizza place like 2 blocks down the street from our hotel. I wish I could remember the name, but after multiple nights of partying in downtown NY and hitting up that little sh!t hole pizza place - talk about a happy man! There's nothing even close to resembling an actual pizza in the "Great State" of Tennessee

EDIT: I found the Name "Angelo's Coal Oven Pizza" and the Hotel was the Salisbury Hotel

Of course Hurley, NYC has the best pizza in the world. There is no denying that. CT is close enough to NYC that it does have some great Pizza also. Since I moved up here to Maine about 10 years ago though I miss REAL pizza. Of course it helps me diet better because of this, so in a way it is a good thing that Mainers don't have a clue what pizza really is.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Of course Hurley, NYC has the best pizza in the world. There is no denying that. CT is close enough to NYC that it does have some great Pizza also. Since I moved up here to Maine about 10 years ago though I miss REAL pizza. Of course it helps me diet better because of this, so in a way it is a good thing that Mainers don't have a clue what pizza really is.
I went to NY last year. Was promised the best pizza in the world by the yanks at work............well i've had worse but i've certainly had a lot better as well. I guess i just didn't no the right places to go to..............the NY cheesecake i must say is simply unbeatable!!

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Originally from Philly so I was used to some of the best pizza in the world, Lorenzo's. I now live in MD and the pizza is ok but not great. If I had to give it a grade I would say B. Pizza Johns is big around the baltimore area, not a fan personally as it's a gimmicky pizza not real pizza. Pizza places in general around here use cheap ingredients and give you the bare minimum in terms of meat or a cheese.

In philly you cant even close a sandwhich because there's so much meat in it. Pizza that doesn't even fit on two plates! That is what I'm talking about. Lorenzo's hook it up, overnight me a slice.:food:
DUDE! Lorenzo's FTW! Oh my god I love Lorenzo's. On the other side of the coin is Sanna's(i think) on Grays ferry ave. worst pizza ever. Seriously. It's worse than any other pizza mentioned here. I don't care how bad your pizza was, this was worse. And whoever that was ragging on Ellio's, I like Ellio's, that's how bad this **** was.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with you there. NO good pizza in El Paso.

Not only that, there were VERY few good MEXICAN restaurants...freaking 1 mile from the BORDER.
You're right, there are very few Mexican restaurants in Juarez or El Paso. You must have friends invite you over to their mom's house for a nice home cooked Mexican meal. If the mom can't cook then that's another problem.

I visited one of my sisters in El Paso a few months ago and we went to Taco Tote. It is a chain but the tacos were good, not like home cooking, but good.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
DUDE! Lorenzo's FTW! Oh my god I love Lorenzo's. On the other side of the coin is Sanna's(i think) on Grays ferry ave. worst pizza ever. Seriously. It's worse than any other pizza mentioned here. I don't care how bad your pizza was, this was worse. And whoever that was ragging on Ellio's, I like Ellio's, that's how bad this **** was.

LOL never been to Sanna's. Lorenzo's on south st. is the shiznit.

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
all this talk bout pizza is making me hungry..something like a deep dish pepperoni sounds money right now

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
NYC has the best pizza in the world. There is no denying that.
Thems is fighting words!!:numbered:

Chicago style deep dish from Giordano's or Gino's east.
OWNS!!!

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
yeah cuz i love eating my pizza with a knife and fork. :run:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone tried Jets Pizza? Looks pretty tasty and they just opened up a store up the street.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
yeah cuz i love eating my pizza with a knife and fork. :run:
Neg reps for your making fun of Chicago pizza:food:
Plus reps for the arse in your avvy. That's a work of art!!:thumbsup:
Thank you sir, may I have another?

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
We used to have a CiCi's here. Not exactly high end clientel. Sometimes I felt like I was in the green room of Springer.

They actualy have a tabletop pizza...basically it's whatever dropped onto the make table while making the other pizza.

The best we have locally now, I'd have to say Papa Murphey's. No delivery, no dine in, no OVENS! It's take and bake. Due to low overhead, the prices aren't bad.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
We used to have a CiCi's here. Not exactly high end clientel. Sometimes I felt like I was in the green room of Springer.

They actualy have a tabletop pizza...basically it's whatever dropped onto the make table while making the other pizza.
LOL, i just went there last week. their dessert pizza is awesome, I also had a buffalo chicken and a macaroni and cheese. it'd be nice if I could ever go to a buffet without feeling like I am gonna throw up after...but then, what would the point be

and I definitely agree on on the clientel comment, LOL. although there was a lower ratio of obese people than what I usually see at golden corral

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 10
Prince IronMag Labs 2
Anabolics 26
mixedup Anabolics 0
Anabolics 201