Hdtv

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I know there are some HDTV guru's on here somewhere.

I Just bought a samsung ln-t466f, and I'm well versed in HDTV technology and terminology.

I just wanted people to share their HDTV experience, whether you have a 32 inch polaroid LCD, or a 52 inch Sony XBR5, or Pioneer Kuro 5080HD, etc.

Discuss.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got an NEC XG 110LC Crt projector going to a 10' diagonal screen @ 1080i, and an Westinghouse 42" 1080p lcd

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Nice, I think HD projectors are the way to go if you have a theatre room for it.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I've got a hand-me-down. It's a 42" Toshiba RP-HDTV. It will only do 1080i or 540p.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, I have a 14x19 room just for that. its one of those huge 150lb projectors, but the picture is phenomenal. Digital projectors are just now matching the quality for the price. The room is all black :D it was part of the deal with my wife on buying the new house, that I got a room of my own.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
yeah, I have a 14x19 room just for that. its one of those huge 150lb projectors, but the picture is phenomenal. Digital projectors are just now matching the quality for the price. The room is all black :D it was part of the deal with my wife on buying the new house, that I got a room of my own.
hahah Similar situation here, but I got stuck with the basement... a basement w/ 6.5' ceilings.

I do have my workout area, my computer area, my supplement area... pretty much my domain. No women allowed (unless they are using the washing machine... it's down there, too). :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats pretty cool, for me its dedicated theater only, with a custom couch that is a loveseat center with 2 separate seats as outliers, black leather all recliners. I wanted to do real movie theater seats, but got overruled on that part.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I'm jealous of you guys w/ your own dedicated home theater setup.

That's been one of my dreams (seriously) since 4-head Hi-Fi VCR's came out.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I got into HD early. Have a Sony 1080i 65" RPTV that I built into the wall so it appears to be a wall mount. Trouble is now the brightness is going and the images seem dull. Anyone, whats my best solution for a >65" replacement ?