Who Hates It When:

GymRat5972

GymRat5972

Awards
Your in the gym sweating your a$$ off, Killing your workout and a someone comes up to you in the middle of a blood rushing set and says, "You mind giving me a spot?"
I had this happen to me yesterday and i did it, but damn, when you see someone killing it i damn sure sont ask for a spot from you. the thing was he was on incline and no idea why he was not working out1 set heavy, heavier, heavier, heavier..... I walked off and left the area. TOOL:wtf:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Your in the gym sweating your a$$ off, Killing your workout and a someone comes up to you in the middle of a blood rushing set and says, "You mind giving me a spot?"
I had this happen to me yesterday and i did it, but damn, when you see someone killing it i damn sure sont ask for a spot from you. the thing was he was on incline and no idea why he was not working out1 set heavy, heavier, heavier, heavier..... I walked off and left the area. TOOL:wtf:
Dude, I've had people ask me to spot them in the middle of heavy ass side laterals and incline bench press. That really pisses me off.

GymRat5972

GymRat5972

Awards
So Im not the only one that gets irritated... Damn wtf people

thanks reaper

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had someone spot only one side of the bar, almost killed me and then I wanted to kill him.

GymRat5972

GymRat5972

Awards
your kidding right V?????
I would have cussed them out

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
your kidding right V?????
I would have cussed them out
not kidding. 315lbs at rep 4 and the weight started coming down on me attempting rep 5 and he lifts one side of the barbell and damn near flipped me off the bench. I'm surprised I maintained balance of the bar without seriously injuring one side of my shoulder/pecs.

I didn't say anything to him. I didn't say thanks for the sport or cuss him out for the spot. I looked at him crazy and watched him walk off. It took me a min to realize wtf just happened. I seriously couldn't believe it.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's when you turn up your headphones and avoid eye contact at all costs.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I got the est excuse in the world. All though it does piss me off but I don't mind helping out. I just tell people that I can't because of my back. perfect excuse

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got the est excuse in the world. All though it does piss me off but I don't mind helping out. I just tell people that I can't because of my back. perfect excuse
I used that excuse before, but I really did have a bad back. Slip disc at L2 and pinched sciatic nerve. No bueno

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hate it when the only deadlift platform has 3-4 plates a side that are half falling off.Personally i put a 45 and then 35's so they slide right on and off.They do the same thing with the t-bar,it's always in a different spot that someone rigged up,with the cable attachment by it,and every damn plate on it.Probably half the time a bar has plates on it,it's three a side,just in case someone had a bad angle and couldn't count the plates,they can go look and marvel at the insane inhuman strength this "human" posesses.I guess they don't realise that responsible/smart/educated/not dumb ass douchebag lifters warm up.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I lift at lunch time so its usually the same 10-12 people lifting so we get to know each other well enough to know when to ask for a spot.

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
Well said rpen22. I am not at the gym for social interaction. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to help when I can. Just please follow good gym etiquette.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Im never bothered when lifting. People seem to intimidated to ask for a spot. When they are ready to lift they look around with that " can someone spot me pleeaaaaase :( "face. If I feel like it Ill say "need a spot"

I hate when people ask me if I need a spot on weight I can easily handle I just go "na this is wussy weight". Then when I need a spot, dumbells usually, they dont know how to spot 120's in each arm haha

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That hasn't happened to me but someone would get a look at a my evil face if that happened.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
wtf if you dont feel like helpin someone just tell them to fvck off i do that, some times i help friends or hot chicks other than that i could care less. you can say " dont you see im busy ? ? ? " or "for that kind of pussy weight im not going to bother going overthere" they arent going to fvck with you anymore.

and dont think im a angry ****er at my gym since most of the people there know me by name but i do have an attitude when im get pissed

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
There's some douche bag at my gym that will come up to me, while I'm in the middle of a set, I'll have my head phones in, and he'll start talking to me like I'm his best friend.

I'll finish my set, take my head phones out and say "what?" and he doesn't stop talking. Just keeps blabbing until he holds his fist out so I put mine up so he'll go away, then the ****er punches it.

Who does that?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I had someone spot only one side of the bar, almost killed me and then I wanted to kill him.
yep my brother did that to me when i was in highschool doing squats with my chicken legs. i think i had a 45on each side of a 20lb bar. "il get the left side Mike" bam! just like that the right side 45 goes crashing to the ground leaving the bar unbalanced so the left side 45 pulled it down and flipped the hole thing. the bar went awol hitting everything in site. so embarrassing.