Rant: Oh come on...what the hell is this (front page yahoo)

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Wow I can only IMAGINE what the results would be if they tested the HS teams in Texas like Midland, Odessa, etc..

Would the community even acknowledge it if there positive results? (which I am sure there would be some) Or would they turn a cheek to keep the pristine Texas HS football scene in the spotlight?
    Turn cheeks, I'm sure.

Friday Night Lights.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    Turn cheeks, I'm sure.

Friday Night Lights.
    Without a doubt.

Honestly, there is at least 1 article per week about a local DFW (Dallas Fort-Worth Metroplex) school and steroids. What normally happens, is the kid gets caught as he failed to do post cycle therapy and parents take him to doc.

Parents tell media, school threatens to do drug testing.

Story goes away. Everyone forgets. Schools continue to have drug problem.

or

Kid gets caught with them in locker (why on earth do they take them to school is beyond me), kid gets expelled for week or so. End of story.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotato View Post
    Without a doubt.

Honestly, there is at least 1 article per week about a local DFW (Dallas Fort-Worth Metroplex) school and steroids. What normally happens, is the kid gets caught as he failed to do post cycle therapy and parents take him to doc.

Parents tell media, school threatens to do drug testing.

Story goes away. Everyone forgets. Schools continue to have drug problem.

or

Kid gets caught with them in locker (why on earth do they take them to school is beyond me), kid gets expelled for week or so. End of story.
    ah Im glad you commented on this since you're from that area, and that's honestly what I expected!

I'm from NW Pennsylvania and if ANYBODY on ANY team in our high schools got caught for steroids, there would be a community uproar, locker room inspections, and everybody just pissed off and highly skeptical of athletes in general..

4. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    ah Im glad you commented on this since you're from that area, and that's honestly what I expected!

I'm from NW Pennsylvania and if ANYBODY on ANY team in our high schools got caught for steroids, there would be a community uproar, locker room inspections, and everybody just pissed off and highly skeptical of athletes in general..
    no one gives a damn here. They blame it on drug dealers and the steroids (as if the steroid seeks out the student and is a living thinking organism set on world destruction). The kids usually get away with it.

Mary jane is the target here. WAY WAY over the top if you ask me. Kids get expelled permanently for m j, but steroids is a slap on the wrist, visit the school counsellor and they continue in the football team.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotato View Post
    no one gives a damn here. They blame it on drug dealers and the steroids (as if the steroid seeks out the student and is a living thinking organism set on world destruction). The kids usually get away with it.

Mary jane is the target here. WAY WAY over the top if you ask me. Kids get expelled permanently for m j, but steroids is a slap on the wrist, visit the school counsellor and they continue in the football team.
    Football is a big deal around my area. It's the most competitive sport amongst local high schools. Each team is good in their own way, but of course, they alternate as champions each year.

I went to a private high school here, Seton Catholic Central. They've won many titles. If a student gets caught with marijuana, then the drugs are confiscated, parents are notified, student is picked up, and student returns to school within a week. That's all. I'm sure the same would happen if steroids were involved. But if it was a public high school, such as Plattsburgh or Peru, then I'm sure there would be a community uproar, as Red Dog had already mentioned.

The only things that I've heard about in my area have been drugs, alcohol, and teacher-student sex in schools, but that's it. Nothing about steroids... well, not yet at least.
    •   

6. Dont know any girls who used steroids, but I did know girls who had eating disorders,drug problems among other things.

Wheres Officer Revieri to regulate these steroid users ... it is clearly the biggest problem among teenage girls.

7. Actually the only steroid connection i knew throughout high school was a family of guys a few years older than me. consequently, they were the biggest supplier of other recreational drugs as well.

what do they say, 'when you outlaw XYZ then the outlawz will have/use/sell/deal XYZ'

8. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Actually the only steroid connection i knew throughout high school was a family of guys a few years older than me. consequently, they were the biggest supplier of other recreational drugs as well.

what do they say, 'when you outlaw XYZ then the outlawz will have/use/sell/deal XYZ'
    The federal government have yet to figure out that we'll just get our drugs elsewhere if they insist on taking them and keeping them from us.

9. Wow. Makes me really want to try Winstrol.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Wow. Makes me really want to try Winstrol.
    you lie.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What the Hell Is This Stuff?
    By viking73 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 08:46 PM
  2. <(^^,)> What the hell is this supposed to be?
    By freqfly in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 12:59 PM
  3. What The Hell Is This???????!!!!!!!!
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 11:16 AM
  4. what the hell is this thing?
    By mweaver84 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 10:58 PM
  5. what the hell is this stuff?