Numb Arms at night?

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Just curious, do any of you get "numb" arms at night. By this I mean you wake up with the tingling sensation and have to move around.

The more I workout, the more I find I get "pins and needles" in my hands, feet, arms, shoulders etc....

I litterally have to flip over in bed (waking my significant other up and making her mad).

Then when I stop workout out for a period of time the symptoms reduce. To some extent whenever Im over 200lbs, i experience more numbness.

Just thought id throw that out there.:trout:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably a pinched nerve around the subscapularis. I had the same issue for a while and now I make sure to stretch the hell out of my lats and traps.

SFRANGER

SFRANGER

Awards
Quite a bit, it used to be worse when my arms first hit around 17inches, but they have been around that size for several years now and it has subsided a lot compared to what it used to be. I think it takes a while for your vascular system to adapt to extra muscle tissue.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Probably a pinched nerve around the subscapularis. I had the same issue for a while and now I make sure to stretch the hell out of my lats and traps.
hmmm, thanks guys, just wanted to make sure everything was running ok lol. Honestly seems worse when im experiencing DOMS, my shoulders are the worse.

Funny thing is, the lower my BF, the more I get it. I guess there is less cushioning around the nerves.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmmm, thanks guys, just wanted to make sure everything was running ok lol. Honestly seems worse when im experiencing DOMS, my shoulders are the worse.

Funny thing is, the lower my BF, the more I get it. I guess there is less cushioning around the nerves.
Plus there is less fat around the joints and muscle.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Honestly my cat will do that to my chest and back everyday. Got to remember to clip her nails though. I wake up with the numbness in my left arm at least twice a week. Its horrible when you wake up to a phone call and can't grab the phone lol.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I started working out when I was 20, and have had it ever since.

I've found that when my arms are numb to the point of pain there is a really quick and painless way to get the feeling back. I put my thumb between the bicep and tricep, halfway between my elbow and shoulder, and rub in small circles while I press with a moderate pressure. Sometimes it takes a couple of seconds to get the pins and needles feeling to be completely gone.

I can't sleep with my arms above my head at all. At night I have to sleep on my side with my arms folded in like a vampire or wrapped around a body pillow.

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
I get this too, mainly in my hands. It was actually worse about a month ago and has gotten a bit better, I've been waking up in the morning (ok, often afternoon) with full feeling in my hands a lot more often.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
I started working out when I was 20, and have had it ever since.

I can't sleep with my arms above my head at all. At night I have to sleep on my side with my arms folded in like a vampire or wrapped around a body pillow.
Same here man. I actually cant sleep on my side, unless I put my arm under my pillow. I also get it in weird places, like part of a finger, my wrist, my little toe etc.... depends on which part was squashed or what part I worked out the night before.

I remember waking up once with my right lat numb...also my left butt cheek :p haha

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Same here man. I actually cant sleep on my side, unless I put my arm under my pillow. I also get it in weird places, like part of a finger, my wrist, my little toe etc.... depends on which part was squashed or what part I worked out the night before.

I remember waking up once with my right lat numb...also my left butt cheek :p haha
Same here. My pinky toe on my right foot will go numb some times. Others its just my hands. The one I really really hate is when my legs are numb because its so painfull and I don't know a quick way to make it better.

I haven't slept on my stomach in over 15 years, except for maybe a handfull of times. Every damn time I wake up, both arms tucked underneath me...and both arms asleep. I have to flop around like a walrus to get them out from underneath me, and somehow manage to roll over so I can get some circulation to them.