Yamaha LJ16 - My new toy!

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I finally have my new acoustic - and she's a demon!
I'm curious to find out if anyone else here plays the guitar, or any other musical instruments...

The first song that I played on it this afternoon... Zombie Eaters by Faith No More. Damn she sounds so awesome!

The new Yamaha LJ16 Handcrafted acoustic guitar has a solid Engelmann Spruce top and solid Rosewood back and sides. It also features a new non-scalloped bracing design that delivers a beautiful and well balanced tone. Choice materials and Yamaha’s unique ability to blend traditional skills with advanced manufacturing make the Yamaha LJ16 an exceptional guitar at a price that’s hard to beat.

The bridge on the Yamaha LJ16 offers more overall mass than their predecessors to deliver greater tone. The design features smooth lines and edges to keep the playing surface unencumbered. The neck on the LJ16 is a 3-ply design of rosewood between two layers of mahogany.

TOP: Solid Engelmann Spruce
BACK & SIDE: Solid Rosewood
NECK: 3-Ply: Mahogany-Rosewood-Mahogany
FINGER BOARD: Ebony
BRIDGE: Ebony
BODY DEPTH: 3 15/16'' 4 15/16''
NUT WIDTH: 1 3/4''
STRING LENGTH: 25 9/16''
TUNING MACHINE: Die-cast Gold
COLOR: Natural
FINISH: High-Gloss

Attachments

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i thought this was about a sport bike. :(
nice six string.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Looks good. I love my les Paul. Now I need a Marshall that goes to 11.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm looking at a few different Gibson guitars and a black finish 12-string Fender Electric-Acoustic.

Nice guitar, though. :afro:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've got a few Fender's, but they're electric and straight used for METAL!

For acoustics, I can't find anything better to play with than a Yamaha.

tattoopierced1

very cool. I miss my acoustic... I always got the cutaway ones for easier playability on the higher chords. I had a black Dean acoustic and a Dean 4 string acoustic bass... for electrics I had BC Rich's.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ah man, I had a BC Rich Flying V as my first electric, way back when. The first song that I learned from start to finish was,"To Live is to Die - Metallica. I ended up trading it in for a Strat a few years later. I totally wished that I would have kept it!

tattoopierced1

I had an acrylic mockingbird and a warlock bass.. once I replaced the pickups on the bass to some active P/J pickups, it was awesome. Loved the sound from the acrylic m. too, plus it just looked evil.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahhhh, the ever presence of evil! That's a must!