Another university shooting...

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea how immensely fvcked up you have to be to do such a thing..

These things put me at a loss of words -- especially when I search for a reason anyone would ever do anything like this

Last edited:
MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
:sad:Yea im from Chicago. Been to NIU once. I know a few peopel there and a friend of mine has his closest friends at that school. Its fukced how our world is turing out. Im in disgust and embarassed to be an american sometimes.:frustrate

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i cant understand why anyone would want to kill a bunch of strangers for no reason.
fcuking sicko!!!!

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Its sh!t like this that really has me questioning whether or not I should ever even consider bringing a child into this world. I mean, if its this bad right now, its only gonna get worse.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its sh!t like this that really has me questioning whether or not I should ever even consider bringing a child into this world. I mean, if its this bad right now, its only gonna get worse.
have a kid but make sure you pack a 9mm in with his lunch before school.

sad but true.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
You guys have serious problems with your gun laws.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
these random shootings have been getting out of control. I really think each time one happens what is the cause. Is it depression, do these kids get picked on to the point they feal useless. Is it drug use. it is really is sad that they resort to killing others in the process. Hell if life is that bad shoot yourself trusty me I will not care

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
You guys have serious problems with your gun laws.
It does not matter to be honest with you. The law of economics tells us that when there is a high demand, there will be a supply to offset it. If not legal, then illegal.

Look what is happening with gear right now.

As people, there is not a lot we can do about these types of incidents, although we'd like to think there is. Every person has a free will to make their own decisions, and at the spur of the moment things like this happen.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
these random shootings have been getting out of control. I really think each time one happens what is the cause. Is it depression, do these kids get picked on to the point they feal useless. Is it drug use. it is really is sad that they resort to killing others in the process. Hell if life is that bad shoot yourself trusty me I will not care
it is mentality instability+being disillusioned.

You can take a very challenging circumstance and have it occur to numerous people. Everyone's reaction will be different.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
It does not matter to be honest with you. The law of economics tells us that when there is a high demand, there will be a supply to offset it. If not legal, then illegal.
Dont kid youself. It has everything to do with it. Gun crime in the states is ridiculously higher then any other western country. If guns were illegal it would stop a lot of it. Of course they would be still be on the black market but no where near as easy to get as they are now. You'l never convince someone outside of the USA that owning a gun is a good thing.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Dont kid youself. It has everything to do with it. Gun crime in the states is ridiculously higher then any other western country. If guns were illegal it would stop a lot of it. Of course they would be still be on the black market but no where near as easy to get as they are now. You'l never convince someone outside of the USA that owning a gun is a good thing.
If there is a demand, there will be a supply. Drugs are illegal in the US as well, yet some how high school kiddies seem to get their hands on it very easily.

If there's a will, there's a way.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
If there is a demand, there will be a supply. Drugs are illegal in the US as well, yet some how high school kiddies seem to get their hands on it very easily.

If there's a will, there's a way.
Why is gun crime in the USA so much higher then every toher country?

How did I know you would reply with a response like that. You really don't get it. Ban the sale of guns and the supply drops dramatically. The supply is still there but it makes them harder to come by especially for the everyday person that would normall buy one for "protection".

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Making guns illegal only takes them out of the hands of law abiding citizens who use them for protection or recreation (hunting, sport shooting). If you took more of an interest and did some in depth research you'll find that Gun control laws here in the US do NOT reduce gun related crimes. Why take away guns from people who use them properly and legally? You think the majority of criminals purchase their firearms legally? The answer to that rhetorical question is a resounding NO. Take for instance Florida. They not only allow law abiding citizens to own guns, you can apply and obtain a license to carry a concealed weapon. Now although gun violence did not drop significantly, it did not increase. And when you did into the statistics the gun related crimes against Florida citizens dropped dramatically. When incarcerated criminals were questioned as to why this drastic drop of violent crimes against Florida natives/citizens the majority answered the same. "You never know if a resident owns or is carrying a concealed firearm."

The question I pose you, is would this have happened to this degree if someone in that room was carrying a concealed firearm for protection?

It's a shame shootings like this happen. No, I digress its more than a shame, its an abomination. But the answer isn't taking guns from people who legally obtain them and use them for legal purposes. Figure out why these deluded individuals believe that its alright to shoot and kill innocent people. Take it seriously when you hear a classmate or acquaintance talk about committing a crime like this. Don't just chalk it up to "Oh, s/he must be joking". Many (not all) of these tragedies could have been averted if people gave two ****s and used common sense.

And sometimes there just isn't a reason. What happened to just plain "crazy" people? Why do we always have to find some deeper, underlying symptom or problem? What happened to some people are just "broken", or not "right" in the head.

I can't imagine how the families of those six victims feel, and I also feel for the family of the shooter. Not the shooter himself, but the family of the shooter. Because they have to live the rest of their lives with knowing that their loved one needlessly ended the lives of innocent people. And they will probably ask the same question "Could we have prevented this?".

Last edited:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Damn one Australian against another Australian, dis shlt could get kinky.

*grabs popcorn*

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Making guns illegal only takes them out of the hands of law abiding citizens who use them for protection or recreation (hunting, sport shooting). If you took more of an interest and did some in depth research you'll find that Gun control laws here in the US do NOT reduce gun related crimes. Why take away guns from people who use them properly and legally? You think the majority of criminals purchase their firearms legally? The answer to that rhetorical question is a resounding NO. Take for instance Florida. They not only allow law abiding citizens to own guns, you can apply and obtain a license to carry a concealed weapon. Now although gun violence did not drop significantly, it did not increase. And when you did into the statistics the gun related crimes against Florida citizens dropped dramatically. When incarcerated criminals were questioned as to why this drastic drop of violent crimes against Florida natives/citizens the majority answered the same. "You never know if a resident owns or is carrying a concealed firearm."

The question I pose you, is would this have happened to this degree if someone in that room was carrying a concealed firearm for protection?

It's a shame shootings like this happen. No, I digress its more than a shame, its an abomination. But the answer isn't taking guns from people who legally obtain them and use them for legal purposes. Figure out why these deluded individuals believe that its alright to shoot and kill innocent people. Take it seriously when you hear a classmate or acquaintance talk about committing a crime like this. Don't just chalk it up to "Oh, s/he must be joking". Many (not all) of these tragedies could have been averted if people gave two ****s and used common sense.

And sometimes there just isn't a reason. What happened to just plain "crazy" people? Why do we always have to find some deeper, underlying symptom or problem? What happened to some people are just "broken", or not "right" in the head.

I can't imagine how the families of those five victims fell, and I also feel for the family of the shooter. Not the shooter himself, but the family of the shooter. Because they have to live the rest of their lives with knowing that their loved one needlessly ended the lives of innocent people. And they will probably ask the same question "Could we have prevented this?".
I believe it is 7 victims as of this morning. Per news.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
OK smart guy answer my original question. Why is gun crime so much higher in the states then anywhere else? You guys are just more badass then the rest of us?

When guns became illegal in Australia it took thousands and thousands of guns off the street. I really don't see how this can be a bad thing.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
OK smart guy answer my original question. Why is gun crime so much higher in the states then anywhere else? You guys are just more badass then the rest of us?

When guns became illegal in Australia it took thousands and thousands of guns off the street. I really don't see how this can be a bad thing.
Australia is smaller than the United States by quite a bit.

Australia ~20 mil.
USA~ 301 mil.

Also too guns does not necessarly correlate to crime.

You can commit a crime by other means via guns, like your peni.s.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Australia is smaller than the United States by quite a bit.

Australia ~20 mil.
USA~ 301 mil.

Also too guns does not necessarly correlate to crime.

You can commit a crime by other means via guns, like your peni.s.
lol

i was clearly refering to GUN crime per head of population.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have yet to hear about this. This is getting ridiculous. First, years ago, it was high school after high school, after the shooting at Columbine. Now, Virginia Tech seemed to have set off a series of college shootings.

What it is, is you have many people, several students, who have mental and/or emotional issues. Then they end up seeing horrible new stories like this played on television, over and over again. They eventually give in to their murderous and suicidal tendencies, and end up doing something as cold-hearted and sick as this.

I wish the victims and their families the best. This is just so sad.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
It is in the way people treat other people. Someone touched upon this awhile back, but it seems like there is more concern for animals than there is for human beings. This was in T-Bone's post about a homeless individual heckling him for money.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
The only way I think this will ever be controlled would be to literally put a blended marshall or officer in every single class being held -- yes, extremely unpractical, extremely expensive, etc. etc.. BUT it is, as far as I can see, its the only real deterrent anybody would have to not shooting up a class..

It'd be a similar principal to the marshalls on airplanes.. you try walking into a class with a gun and start firing with a trained marshall in there, you'd be lucky to get 1 shot off before he takes you down..

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The only way I think this will ever be controlled would be to literally put a blended marshall or officer in every single class being held -- yes, extremely unpractical, extremely expensive, etc. etc.. BUT it is, as far as I can see, its the only real deterrent anybody would have to not shooting up a class..

It'd be a similar principal to the marshalls on airplanes.. you try walking into a class with a gun and start firing with a trained marshall in there, you'd be lucky to get 1 shot off before he takes you down..
i know a few U.S Marshells and i don`t think they are that good of a shot.:toofunny:

i think students should take their safty into their own hands.
if you feel unsafe at school buy a gun.
if a few students in that class had guns then that crazy fcuker would have been lit up before he got 5 shots off.

its really sad to say that but its a crazy world.
you have to protect yourself. you cant think that others will do it for you all the time.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
haha yeah well I mean its better than nothin..

I think we would if we could carry guns on campus! Its illegal to bring them anywhere on the property and if your caught with one I think you just get sh!t all over.. otherwise Id apply for a CWP and just carry one all the time!

AM07

Awards
  • Established

I think you have to look and see WHERE the majority of gun crimes occur. They occur in the inner city, where the majority of guns are purchased illegally. I read a statistic where only 0.2% of law-abiding gun owners committed a crime with the gun(s) they owned, so it certainly isn't due to the average citizen that has a gun.

If you notice, the cities that have MORE strict gun control end up being the cities with the WORST crime. The big, bleeding heart cities are the ones that tend to have the most crime due to strict gun laws.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established

Washington DC - no guns allowed
NY City - no guns allowed

yet once these cities took guns off the street..gun crime went through the roof... why? because now the criminals know that the law abiding citizen does not have a firearm.. so they can rob rape and murder at will

florida, minnesota and texas have the most relaxed gun laws and also have the lowest rate of gun crime.

i support the right to own a firearm.. unless you get 100% guns from 100% of the people (which will not happen because i will not give up my 4 firearms under any reason), then gun control does not work

The democrats mentioned making assault rifles illegal last year... guess what... assault rifle sales went through the roof and the waiting list became 12 weeks when it used to be a same-day transaction.. threatening gun restrictions only makes people desperate to get now what they wont be able to have later

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I would also like to mention that much of crime is currently in the lowest rates EVER.

Why does it suddenly seem like we are living in crime?

Ten years ago... your source of news was 30minutes of nighttime news and a newspaper.. both which are limited for space and time..

now the internet adn 24hour news networks make all news available.. guess what guys.. school shootings are not a new thing.. they have been around forever... but in the past, it was an underreported event.. today... the news needs to capture our emotions to sell advertising space.. so they report things much differently than they used to.

I wrote a paper 2 years ago on gun crime and violence in schools.. i cant find my source at this time, but school shootings and general adolescent crime has drastically reduced over the past 2 decades. consider yourself lucky to live in the safest generation ever.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I don't think people like this, but the reality is that there is absolutely nothing that can be done about these types of incidents. They are made by selfish individuals and carried out in a very secluded manner.

In fact, I'm sure there is some kid watching this at his/hers university and is probably planning something similar.

The Columbine boys really paved the way for school violence.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Washington DC - no guns allowed
NY City - no guns allowed

yet once these cities took guns off the street..gun crime went through the roof... why? because now the criminals know that the law abiding citizen does not have a firearm.. so they can rob rape and murder at will

florida, minnesota and texas have the most relaxed gun laws and also have the lowest rate of gun crime.

i support the right to own a firearm.. unless you get 100% guns from 100% of the people (which will not happen because i will not give up my 4 firearms under any reason), then gun control does not work

The democrats mentioned making assault rifles illegal last year... guess what... assault rifle sales went through the roof and the waiting list became 12 weeks when it used to be a same-day transaction.. threatening gun restrictions only makes people desperate to get now what they wont be able to have later
Same thing with PH/PS being banned.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
it is mentality instability+being disillusioned.

You can take a very challenging circumstance and have it occur to numerous people. Everyone's reaction will be different.
Screw it they should still just blow their own heads off not ruin the lives of others.

I hate ignorant jack asses like this tat think its a great idea to do this.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
I was in the county last month, its only 1 county over from me. Few or my friends and friends friends go there. IMO people that need to take meds to keep them stable all need to be round up and shipped to cuba. Its just going to end up having Armed hummers everywhere you go and being randomly searched everywhere you go.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Australian made: The American people are perhaps more vioent then the rest of the world. You don't get to be a super power by being nice and playing by the rules. Maybe this mentality has been ingrained in us ? Just a thought.

I know that if you take guns away from law abiding citizens then crime will be higher. I live in a middle class section of my city but I wouldn't go to the East side without a gun because I'd rather have it and not need it instead of needing it and not having it.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
If you knew every citizen had a gun (that pass back ground tests, etc etc) **** would be alot better imo.

The law should really be, if you rob someone kill them. Grand theft auto kill them etc. Alot of people would grow up knowing they will die rather than get 3 years probation, 6 months in prison.

SFRANGER

SFRANGER

Awards
I feel that debate over this firearms issue is not necessary. The people who founded the United States did not intend for individual's rights to be impeded on whatsoever. I leave you with these quotes:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Benjamin Franklin

The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-Samuel Adams

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!”
-Samuel Adams

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.
– Plato

A free people ought to be armed. (Jan 14 1790, Boston Independent Chronicle.)
-George Washington:

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms. (Federalist Paper #46)
-James Madison

AM07

Awards
  • Established
And it seems like every year, our government is becoming bigger and bigger, and they keep ****ting on the Constitution further and further to the point where it's going to be worth as much as the toilet paper you wipe your ass with.

It's sickening how ****ed up today's politics is in this ****ry.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Ya well the people of this country can change it, but they frankly dont give a dam to lift a finger and try. A 6 millon man march to DC will either A. prove we run th is ****ing country or B. cause a "outbreak" attack and the goverment will bomb dc to eliminate all the americans who want there country back

AM07

Awards
  • Established
If the 6 million man march is protesting against the government's evil ways and are all Ron Paul supporters, I think the government would rather just blow them all to hell.

The majority of this country doesn't give a **** where it's heading, which is really sad. I don't think the people have too much of a say in policies anymore. It's moreso the public interest groups and lobbyists that run **** in Washington.