INSANE home theater setup

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
There's a difference between great and overkill. That one is simply overkill.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd kill for that home theater... what I mean by that is, I'd kill the guy who owns it and then take it. :twisted:

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
I'd kill for that home theater... what I mean by that is, I'd kill the guy who owns it and then take it. :twisted:
I only hope you would sell it and use the cash because that's all its worth. Trust me when I say more is not always better in this case.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
damn thats sweet but a little much for me

I can see my daughter breaking it all

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I only hope you would sell it and use the cash because that's all its worth. Trust me when I say more is not always better in this case.
Oh, I know. Too much wattage, bass, etc., makes for extremely shiitty sound. I'd sell it and make plenty.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
What a complete loser!! first of all if your going to spend $6m on a home theatre at least by a big fukc off plasma screen instead of a projector. Secondly for $6m you could actually build a full scale movie cinema. That room looked like some old farts garage who likes to collect speakers. I've seen better home theatres on cribs.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
What a complete loser!! first of all if your going to spend $6m on a home theatre at least by a big fukc off plasma screen instead of a projector. Secondly for $6m you could actually build a full scale movie cinema. That room looked like some old farts garage who likes to collect speakers. I've seen better home theatres on cribs.
Actually, a projector will look better than pretty much anything out there when properly calibrated. Fixed pixel displays have many limitations. You're right though, he should have built something nicer for the cash he spent.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He doesnt even have a recliner or anything to put feet up on. Lame.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
there are much better things to spend 6 million on BUT he prob has soooooooooooo much money 6 million is like 5 grand to us.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats retarded. why so many speakers? i doubt that the sound is better because he adding in more speakers. Could have been done with less. And plus, why would you want to be looking at all that **** around you? I would think that would be distracting. And one couch and a coffee table? thats sucks!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thats retarded. why so many speakers? i doubt that the sound is better because he adding in more speakers. Could have been done with less. And plus, why would you want to be looking at all that **** around you? I would think that would be distracting. And one couch and a coffee table? thats sucks!
They're not even Bose. :rasp:

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
A lot of you guys are idiots talking ****. stfu until you really know what you're talking about.

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
Well for one no one has heard this system but will say it's "too much." Great high end stereos are always "too much".

Also you'd recognize the difficulty in accurately reproducing very deep tight bass and huge dynamic swings. This is difficult enough in music let alone for explosions and things like that. Play the 1812 Oveture on a system and see how quickly it makes a b1tch out of a system trying to recreate it.

"Too much bass, too much wattage". You can't have too many watts. For one you only turn it up as loud as needed so if you have 2000W but only use 200W that's not going to be "too much." There is also something called "headroom" which is basically the ability to have large dynamic swings without overly stressing the system. It can take enormous amounts of power in short bursts to recreate powerful sound effects.

More speakers is also useful because distortion is reduced and headroom is increased. If you have two speakers instead of one with the same power, each speaker will move half as much to produce the same SPL level. This means less distortion, especially the case with high volumes and power hungry sound effects that can really stress speakers. You don't want a single woofer moving like crazy for best sound...you want more moving less.

I've seen system and heard systems that you would THINK would sound bad but sounded great. You can't always just judge by looking at it. I've seen planar setups in bare rooms that technically speaking ought to sound awful but sound great.

Now if you want to talk about microphonics with the tube amps with such high SPLs, sure. If you want to talk about how acoustically that room appears to be quite inadequate--it almost looks totally ignored as a factor.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Well for one no one has heard this system but will say it's "too much." Great high end stereos are always "too much".

Also you'd recognize the difficulty in accurately reproducing very deep tight bass and huge dynamic swings. This is difficult enough in music let alone for explosions and things like that. Play the 1812 Oveture on a system and see how quickly it makes a b1tch out of a system trying to recreate it.

"Too much bass, too much wattage". You can't have too many watts. For one you only turn it up as loud as needed so if you have 2000W but only use 200W that's not going to be "too much." There is also something called "headroom" which is basically the ability to have large dynamic swings without overly stressing the system. It can take enormous amounts of power in short bursts to recreate powerful sound effects.

More speakers is also useful because distortion is reduced and headroom is increased. If you have two speakers instead of one with the same power, each speaker will move half as much to produce the same SPL level. This means less distortion, especially the case with high volumes and power hungry sound effects that can really stress speakers. You don't want a single woofer moving like crazy for best sound...you want more moving less.

I've seen system and heard systems that you would THINK would sound bad but sounded great. You can't always just judge by looking at it. I've seen planar setups in bare rooms that technically speaking ought to sound awful but sound great.

Now if you want to talk about microphonics with the tube amps with such high SPLs, sure. If you want to talk about how acoustically that room appears to be quite inadequate--it almost looks totally ignored as a factor.
I don't even know where to begin with your post, so I won't bother. But I do have a question....how do you know his room wasn't acoustically treated? You think he'll just have RealTraps just stuck to the wall out in the open?

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
If you look at the pics it does appear to have some treatment, but if an acoustic engineer were to look at it there are some glaring issues like the hardwood floor and the giant media cases. And no, those cases wouldn't be effective differential diffusers.

But you're right I don't know the extent of the treatment. He could have hidden bass traps and other such things. But from the look of it it seems to be heavy with acoustic foam, which I can see why he would use it in some ways however in other ways it tends to kill ambiance and life of the sound when used in excess. Good rooms tend to use strategic reflection, diffusion, and absorption.

But hey, I could be wrong.