EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mon Feb 11, 12:41 PM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - A group of 10 body-builders from a German gym took a break from their normal training routine to help a driver whose car was stuck in a ditch, police said on Monday.

The men were training at the Explosives fitness studio in Bad Zwischenahn near the western city of Oldenburg when the 38-year-old driver lost control of his vehicle, veered into a meadow and plunged the front of his car into the two-meter (6 feet) deep ditch.

"They dropped their sweat towels and water bottles and ran over the road to the crash site," a police spokesman told Reuters. "They then heaved the car out. It only took them a few minutes."

The grateful driver joined the men at the fitness studio bar and treated them to a round of energy drinks, the police spokesman said.

(Reporting by Sarah Roberts, editing by Iain Rogers)

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Most bodybuilers aren't bad people, whether they're juicing or not. We're all people, too. That was very nice of them, though. I enjoyed this.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
if that happened here in the states they would of gotten the third degree from the media about whether or not they are taking anabolics. I guarentee it.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
if that happened here in the states they would of gotten the third degree from the media about whether or not they are taking anabolics. I guarentee it.
You mean downplay the primary good deed and focus instead on the irrelevant issue of juicing?

tattoopierced1

gotta love that story.

I agree with J.. if that were here in the states.. it'd be all about if those guys were juicing or not.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Lol, they'd probably get arrested after helping.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
EXCELLENT ! It's good to finally hear some news about BBing that doesn't involve some media scare tactics. I was on the elliptical yesterday and the CNN monitor was in front of me, they made it seem as if the Apocalypse is gonna happen 2-3 months from now.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome. I've stopped in the middle of a run on a few occasions to help people push their staled car, then continued running, but I leave with my quads on fire!!