tattoos and bodybuilding

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i really want a tatto but im pretty sure it have some effect on stage. can they be covered up on stage?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not perfectly, but they can be if you have someone talented at makeup.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's quite easy to cover tattoos with makeup. I have several. Try using Google to look it up. Also, read up on BMEzine. They don't sell anything related to what we discuss here, but I'm not gonna risk linking to them, just to be safe.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
If you plan on competing, I would look for a design that flows with the natural curves of your body, IE tribal is a good idea (not lee priest)

Also some bodybuilders have designs on their forearms that are masked, one that comes to mind is Dorian's bulldog. You can barely notice it.

Any large bright tattoos your risking it. I'm a big fan of tats and have many, but I don't plan on competing .

tattoopierced1

If you plan on competing, I would look for a design that flows with the natural curves of your body, IE tribal is a good idea (not lee priest)

Also some bodybuilders have designs on their forearms that are masked, one that comes to mind is Dorian's bulldog. You can barely notice it.

Any large bright tattoos your risking it. I'm a big fan of tats and have many, but I don't plan on competing .
bingo.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I really want one on my forearm but will that work in corp usa?

I wanted a tatto across my back that read my name name, no color.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established

You can use cover-up to cover tattoos. Just get makeup that matches your skintone.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established

Long sleeves?

Americas more accepting of tattoos then they were. I have my forearm "sleeved". If I'm going to a meeting, I usually just wear a button down shirt. No big deal.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
i really want a tatto but im pretty sure it have some effect on stage. can they be covered up on stage?
I have competed for years with a half sleeve and had no problems. Tattoos used to be frowned upon but more bodybuilders seem to have them today

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well im 25 and i dont want not to get the big promo bc of tat at age 35

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do not get tribal,thats like a fcuking mullet.Can't stand those damn things,nothing shouts"i want to be cool so need a tat" more than a tribal tattoo.At my tattoo parlor the artists have tool boxes with drawings and what not in them.They are covered in bumper stickers from diferent places they have worked.My favorite 2 are"it's all about the pain,the ink and ring are souveniers"and"we got the tattoo for you,even if it's some gay ass tribal siht"

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well im 25 and i dont want not to get the big promo bc of tat at age 35
Tattoos are not looked down like that anymore,if you didn't get the promo it wouldn't be the tattoo.It's almost impossible to shock someone today cause its all been done.If you have a job that appearance realy truly matters,then you're wearing a suit every day,don't get any on your hands face or neck,problem solved.I seen a guy in a tattoo mag that was covered,everything had ink,except hands,neck,and face.He worked for a major corp,and this was his reason for not being completely covered.The only thing that might hold you back in a"shallow"job would be facial hair.(i say shallow cause judging someone on appearance is shallow,it should matter only how well you do your job)