Getting Sick

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn I feel really sick today. I can hardly eat with a sore throat and chills. It sucks because I was working on my diet and now everything is screwed up. Just felt like ranting about this as I really hate being sick. The wife says I'm just a baby and woman are so much stronger than men when it comes to being sick.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hate being sick, too. I become so miserable. It's hell to be around me while I'm under the weather.

I usually eat a lot of soup, eat ice cream, take medicine every 4-6 hours, and take NyQuil liqui-gels at night, just before bed. They put me out within about 15 minutes.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Lots and lots of people I know are coming down with the flu lately.

Make the best out of the situation, rest and let your body recover. You will be unstoppable when you return to training.

RR

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Also from your avatar, you could stand to lose a couple pounds anyways :stick:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what do you guys think about wives/girlfriends handling being sick better than yourself?. I admit that my wife can handle being sick better than I.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Depends on the person. My girl is pretty good when it comes to being sick, she goes to work and huffs it. But I don't get sick very often.

Just tell her, at least your a better driver :eek:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So what do you guys think about wives/girlfriends handling being sick better than yourself?. I admit that my wife can handle being sick better than I.
I can't handle being sick. My ex was pregnant, going to school, working a job, etc. She got sick a bit during the pregnancy. But she never failed to make it to school or work. She's a very strong individual.

I'm a fcuking baby when I get sick. lol

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Im a mess when i am sick. My girlfriend handles being sick way better than i do.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You have no way of knowing how sick they are compared to you. Maybe they just feel mildly like sh*t, and they act accordingly. Where you may feel like you're going to die, and act accordingly. Unfortunately their is really no way of knowing. Sh*t, I think having a baby would be a piece of cake:twisted:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I guess I'd have to agree. All the crap they have to deal with being women makes them tough. If I had a period every month, I'd be the toughest man alive.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn I feel really sick today. I can hardly eat with a sore throat and chills. It sucks because I was working on my diet and now everything is screwed up. Just felt like ranting about this as I really hate being sick. The wife says I'm just a baby and woman are so much stronger than men when it comes to being sick.
My wife says the same thing :rolleyes:lol.........Actually in all the shots i've given over the years it seems to be the guys that cower in fear more often...........

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sh*t, I think having a baby would be a piece of cake:twisted:
Alex i know your kidding here lol........bro i've witnessed it many times in my career and i have to give props to the women. There is no way in h*ll i could do that......:blink:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll admit i'm miserable when i'm sick. I guess given my job i should be used to it by now........but sadly i still b*tch and moan when i'm sick. :sick: My wife is the same way however, so when we're both sick it's just a giant b*tchin fest lol

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All joking aside I do believe they have a higher threshold(sp.?) for pain than us guys.

My wife handles it 10x better. I am a big whining baby........when I'm sick :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah its bad...I sit there thinking "You're such a big baby", but I do it anyway! :lol:
Lol, me too. I figure if i'm gonna be miserable i may as well make the most of it. I usually only get a day of pampering before the wife tells me i'm a baby and to get over it......I say "But you're a nurse!"......Jerry she's nurse rachet i tell ya lol......no i kid, she's the best! :)

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lol, me too. I figure if i'm gonna be miserable i may as well make the most of it. I usually only get a day of pampering before the wife tells me i'm a baby and to get over it......I say "But you're a nurse!"......Jerry she's nurse rachet i tell ya lol......no i kid, she's the best! :)
at least you get a day. i get NO love when im sick.

poor chad :(:whiner:

tattoopierced1

everyone in my house is sick.. cept me. I'm so glad I get flu shots.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been taking Orange Triad for several months now. Somehow I thought the immunity ingredients would stop me from getting colds or at least stop them from being so severe. I am gonna use a stand alone ecenicia supplement starting today and hope it gets better fast. I was doing cardio two hours a day and started feeling burnt out, so this past week I cut it down to 1 hour per day. Now today I can't even think about cardio without coughing. I lost about 20 pounds and got my blood pressure down also. What sucks is my doctors appointment is the 20th and I feel this is gonna set me back. It is really hard to diet when your feeling like crap!.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey I didn't know ecenecia(sp.?) worked this fast. I'm actually feeling slightly better today. Anyone elese use this supplement?. I've got Natures Place brand and also some Medicine Shop brand for when I run out. I hope I can work out again soon, but I probally do need a full week off since I am probally over-trained because of the cardio. Today is my second day of no exercise.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Never worked for me, but some people swear by it. Glad it's working for you. I'll give it another shot next time I get ill.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thought I was getting better...What the hell is going on?. I guess placebo effect can be a good thing. Feel like crap again today and I'm so sick of it. Getting fater by the day!. Just sucks ass having to sit on my ass and not exercise!.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I am just getting over the flu. My youngest boy got sick and I stayed up a couple of nights to take care of him, and then took him to the doctors office. After two nights of no sleep and sitting in a waiting room full of sick people for 2 hours I finally caught it.

I am pretty good about being sick, I usually just sit in bed or in my chair and suck it up. Although being really sick makes me want my mom to come and take care of me (I am 29, I guess you never really grow out of that).

My wife is good at being sick, but she gets really *****y. So between the two of us I think I handle sickness better.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am just getting over the flu. My youngest boy got sick and I stayed up a couple of nights to take care of him, and then took him to the doctors office. After two nights of no sleep and sitting in a waiting room full of sick people for 2 hours I finally caught it.

I am pretty good about being sick, I usually just sit in bed or in my chair and suck it up. Although being really sick makes me want my mom to come and take care of me (I am 29, I guess you never really grow out of that).

My wife is good at being sick, but she gets really *****y. So between the two of us I think I handle sickness better.

Don't let the wife see that post!. Yeah I am up all night coughing. Its ridiculous, even though I am taking Nquil. I still sleep but its always intrupted by coughing.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Don't let the wife see that post!. Yeah I am up all night coughing. Its ridiculous, even though I am taking Nquil. I still sleep but its always intrupted by coughing.
If it keeps up go to the doctor bro. The flu is going around big time right now. If you have the flu there is a drug called Tamiflu that is awesome. My son started feeling better within a day of taking it, and I started feeling better within 2 days of taking it.

I got sick Thursday, went to the Dr. Friday, and I should be able to hit my chest tomorrow. If I hadn't gotten that Tamiflu I would still be in bed.

SFRANGER

SFRANGER

Awards
I'm the biggest puss when I get sick, it's ridiculous - my girlfriend always comments on how much worse guys get knocked down when they get sick...I never heard anyone else talk about it before but from the 'poll results' on this thread it looks like it must be universal.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it keeps up go to the doctor bro. The flu is going around big time right now. If you have the flu there is a drug called Tamiflu that is awesome. My son started feeling better within a day of taking it, and I started feeling better within 2 days of taking it.

I got sick Thursday, went to the Dr. Friday, and I should be able to hit my chest tomorrow. If I hadn't gotten that Tamiflu I would still be in bed.
Wow, that is quick!. My doctor will refuse antibotics unless you have been sick for at least a week. I have been sick since the 8th. I do have a follow up apt on the 20th, but hopefully I will be recovered by then but I doubt it. Whenever I get a cold it lasts 3-6 weeks.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow, that is quick!. My doctor will refuse antibotics unless you have been sick for at least a week. I have been sick since the 8th. I do have a follow up apt on the 20th, but hopefully I will be recovered by then but I doubt it. Whenever I get a cold it lasts 3-6 weeks.
i was sick for like 8 weeks when i moved into my new house.
i was just going on post cycle too so that shi* sucked.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Sick? What is this word?

Girls here complain all the time when they are sick. I dont feel good, massage me. I dont feel good go buy me this. I dont feel good LEAVE ME ALONE! I dont feel good so why do you have to go out with your friends and leave me here alone?

If I ever get sick which is never I am a man about it. But its never the serious sick like people throwing up and going ugggh I cant breath. It is always a mild cough or a little runny nose, all could have been caused by the weekends "party" :) Pop some pills, some liquid and I am ready to roll

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually your doctor is doing the right thing here. The majority of Upper Respiratory Infections and Flu like illnesses are caused by a virus which is usually self limiting. Antibiotics are useless against a virus. However, sometimes opportunistic bacteria can take advantage of the lowered immune state and reak havoc also. This is why your doctor has the stance he does. If you aren't getting better(or even worse) in that time frame than a bacterial component is likely and antibiotics are prescribed.

The flu is going around bigtime this year, and i've seen many cases walk through the E.R. in the last few weeks. Tamiflu is great stuff, but you have to take it within 48 hours of the onset of illness or it isn't effective.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I went to Doc today. I got some antibotics. Azithromycin. Also my Bp is still elevated so I have to continue by Hydrochlorot. That really sucks. I asked about exercise while sick and doc said it was ok as long as I felt up to it, just said not to push it to hard and do what I can. Now I am pissed off about the blood pressure thing so I think I am gonna start cardio again tommorow. Also gonna start running outside soon because I'm sick of being stuck inside on a stupid machine. I had to stop running before because of knee problems/arthritis. Going back to it would be great. Really I enjoy running outside much better than any other exercise including lifting weights. Really I don't know why more people don't like running the way I do. I just don't get that same great feeling after a weight workout like I do after a good run!.