2 Questions about bones.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Question 1: Lately, I have a problem with my shoulder where it has to be cracked for it to be relieved from a mild pain. This started maybe a month ago, and was hoping it will go away by itself. Recently I have been using cissus to see if it can take care of it. But nothing. So I was wondering if it could lead to something more in the future? And if there are any other suggestion beside cissus for this problem?

Question 2: I always have had this problem where when I bend over to a certain point. There is a bone in the diaphragm area that seems to bend inward. And I have to stretch backwards fully and or breathe in deep and push my stomach out to put the bone back in place. Its nothing major right?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Question 1: Lately, I have a problem with my shoulder where it has to be cracked for it to be relieved from a mild pain. This started maybe a month ago, and was hoping it will go away by itself. Recently I have been using cissus to see if it can take care of it. But nothing. So I was wondering if it could lead to something more in the future? And if there are any other suggestion beside cissus for this problem?

Question 2: I always have had this problem where when I bend over to a certain point. There is a bone in the diaphragm area that seems to bend inward. And I have to stretch backwards fully and or breathe in deep and push my stomach out to put the bone back in place. Its nothing major right?
By "bone on the diaphram" do you mean the xiphoid process at the bottom end of your sternum? There shouldn't be anything poking at your diaphram.

You said you have to bend over forward for your diaphram to feel like something is pressing against it, which could only be your xiphoid process, so you could have an abnormally extended x-process. If you've had it all your life, it might not be as big of an issue as if you just noticed it last week. I suppose the only danger I can think of off the top of my head is if you got in a car accident and the steering wheel pushed against your thoracic cage, while you were bent over at the same time and causing the x-process to puncture your diaphram, or a football tackle situation, anything short of that, like I said, if you've had it your whole life, then it might not be dire.

Addressing Question Number 1. Was that shoulder pain due to injury? Or did it occur following a shoulder injury? Or the pain simply manifested without aggravation?

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
By "bone on the diaphram" do you mean the xiphoid process at the bottom end of your sternum? There shouldn't be anything poking at your diaphram.

You said you have to bend over forward for your diaphram to feel like something is pressing against it, which could only be your xiphoid process, so you could have an abnormally extended x-process. If you've had it all your life, it might not be as big of an issue as if you just noticed it last week. I suppose the only danger I can think of off the top of my head is if you got in a car accident and the steering wheel pushed against your thoracic cage, while you were bent over at the same time and causing the x-process to puncture your diaphram, or a football tackle situation, anything short of that, like I said, if you've had it your whole life, then it might not be dire.

Addressing Question Number 1. Was that shoulder pain due to injury? Or did it occur following a shoulder injury? Or the pain simply manifested without aggravation?

You got me on the diaphragm and sternum part. (Had to look on wiki) I always had it, so I guess I am ok as is.

About question 1. The pain just came out of the blue or "manifested without aggravation" It is really annoying at night when I am asleep because it wakes me up with a weird pain. Only way to crack is by putting my left arm behind the back and pressing forward.

And you have been of great help.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
If your xiphoid is broken and free floating then you've got a serious problem. It can potentially puncture the heart or diaphram, but if its intact and its just extended, you just need to be careful. Don't play football and make sure your car has air bags.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
You got me on the diaphragm and sternum part. (Had to look on wiki) I always had it, so I guess I am ok as is.

About question 1. The pain just came out of the blue or "manifested without aggravation" It is really annoying at night when I am asleep because it wakes me up with a weird pain. Only way to crack is by putting my left arm behind the back and pressing forward.

And you have been of great help.
You're a bit young to have something like that simply manifest and the fact that the pain is uncomfortable enough to wake you up from sleep makes me raise an eye brow. I think you should try some self PT, whether it helps or not, at least it won't hurt. Spend like 5 min rotating your shoulder in a fulll 360, 5min light weight internal/external rotation, top to bottom rotation. Light weight cable lateral raises and stretching of the injured shoulder. Try that for 3-4 weeks and if it doesn't help, then see the Chiro. If you don't have Chiro coverage in your medical, most Chiro's charge $40-$50 for initial visit. At most a Chiro will cost you $90-$100 if he/she takes x-rays. Good luck with it.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
You're a bit young to have something like that simply manifest and the fact that the pain is uncomfortable enough to wake you up from sleep makes me raise an eye brow. I think you should try some self PT, whether it helps or not, at least it won't hurt. Spend like 5 min rotating your shoulder in a fulll 360, 5min light weight internal/external rotation, top to bottom rotation. Light weight cable lateral raises and stretching of the injured shoulder. Try that for 3-4 weeks and if it doesn't help, then see the Chiro. If you don't have Chiro coverage in your medical, most Chiro's charge $40-$50 for initial visit. At most a Chiro will cost you $90-$100 if he/she takes x-rays. Good luck with it.
Originally I was planning to go to one. But I opted for the cissus. In the near future if nothing works, I will have to go see one. And thank you for the help.:thumbsup: