Blackout

MadChild

Awards
How many bros were affected by the power going out? I was pissed off because I got home from work early and started getting ready to go to work out. Then I ended up going to a BBQ where everyone was cooking up their meat from their thawing freezers. Oh well, at least I got some meat protein out of the deal, which was probably negated by going to bed late and drinking a few beer.

csakiges

Awards
We were not effected by the blackout here in Canton, Ohio, but other cities around us were (Akron, Cleveland). I saw the news and it looked like a madhouse in Cleveland with no traffic lights or anything.

spike1205

Awards
just bad traffic in NY--no looting i think one death ( a woman waled down 20 soemthing floors and then passed out and never woke up)

heard those canucks had some looting (uncivilized savages) j/k

motleybreu

Awards
BLAME CANADA!!!:D:D

i'm on long island and my power was out for a while..sucked but hey what ya gonna do

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad people were so calm... was a relief to see... head the news first on the radio and was like oh damn, people will go ape ****... was pleasantly surprised though

motleybreu

Awards
us new yorkers pull together when we have to

it's at the sports games we get crazy:D

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I saw that Ottawa had heavy looting. Crazy canucks;)

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
How many bros were affected by the power going out? I was pissed off because I got home from work early and started getting ready to go to work out. Then I ended up going to a BBQ where everyone was cooking up their meat from their thawing freezers. Oh well, at least I got some meat protein out of the deal, which was probably negated by going to bed late and drinking a few beer.
I thought you lived in BC bro.... ?

diablo69

Awards
**** I will never post anything like I did in this post again or I will be kicked out of Anabolicminds.com...*****

csakiges

Awards
Wow, you need a hug diablo? :D J/K

It is good to see people come together to help each other. And it is nice that our news actually featured some good news as opposed to the bad. Our local news put a nice twist on a story in New York. It was very nice to see.

Last edited:

MadChild

Awards
Re: Re: Blackout

Originally posted by ex_banana-eater

I thought you lived in BC bro.... ?
I`m working in Ottawa for the summer. I head back to BC soon. What pisses me off about the blackout is that my gym here has been closed since Thursday. I guess I needed to take a week off anyway, but I did not schedule it.

spike1205

Awards
it was a joint canadian ohio conspiracy cause they're jealous of new yorkers

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
**** The racism has been deleted(there was a quote here)****

Can't explain the water pricing (normal price is a crime anyway), but do know a little about the gasoline prices. Here is a link to it at Yahoo's business news site. The only good thing I can say about Michigan's governor is that when she was Attorney General 2 years ago she scared the living *&^% out of the oil companies, suppliers, and franchisees when she prosecuted anyone who raised their prices above $2.50/gal in the aftermath of September 11th. That probably kept the price at $2.00/gal.

A little more background: Detroit (and Dearborn) is supplied gasoline from Chicago, Toledo, occassionally Sarnia, and a little out of Marathon's refinery in Detroit (I think Southfield). The 2 Ohio refineries and the Detroit refinery all lost power (and their ability to refine). The power outage was even blamed for an explosion at Marathon's Detroit refinery. The 3 pipelines supplying gasoline out of the Chicago area all lost power at minimum to their receipt terminals and probably lost power to their pumping stations as well.

That's my $0.02 on it.

~Todd

diablo69

Awards

Can't explain the water pricing (normal price is a crime anyway), but do know a little about the gasoline prices. Here is a link to it at Yahoo's business news site. The only good thing I can say about Michigan's governor is that when she was Attorney General 2 years ago she scared the living *&^% out of the oil companies, suppliers, and franchisees when she prosecuted anyone who raised their prices above $2.50/gal in the aftermath of September 11th. That probably kept the price at $2.00/gal.

A little more background: Detroit (and Dearborn) is supplied gasoline from Chicago, Toledo, occassionally Sarnia, and a little out of Marathon's refinery in Detroit (I think Southfield). The 2 Ohio refineries and the Detroit refinery all lost power (and their ability to refine). The power outage was even blamed for an explosion at Marathon's Detroit refinery. The 3 pipelines supplying gasoline out of the Chicago area all lost power at minimum to their receipt terminals and probably lost power to their pumping stations as well.

That's my $0.02 on it.

~Todd
damn
thanks for that tid-bit of info there todd :D

institutional

Awards
***** i deleted the above mentioned quote *****

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Racism is not tolerated here, but neither are excessively flaming retorts, please chill guys :)

institutional

Awards
thanks jweave. i was just cant stand those type of comments, especially on a board i respect so much. thanks again for cleaning it up. my bad with flames, but you feel me. peace.

diablo69

Awards
I apologize to the one I offended. No intention behind it.

Just tried when that stuff happens here in my country.

diablo69

Awards
instutional.. I'll be in Ann arbor this monday if you like to talk about my post? Since I live 10 minute from there. I will be off of ann arbor/saline rd.

love to chat about it?

institutional

Awards
instutional.. I'll be in Ann arbor this monday if you like to talk about my post? Since I live 10 minute from there. I will be off of ann arbor/saline rd.

love to chat about it?

sure dude, lets chat about it. that would be pretty cool :(

diablo69

Awards
I practice on monday and wednesday.. kiddy cornor to "the BIG HOUSE"
in the field. cant miss us