How much is a good price to pay for a year-long membership at a gym?

Gaf Knee

Awards
My Bally's membership is up pretty soon, and it will cost $210 or so to renew for a year. Does this sound good or are there better deals out there?

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Damn. I got my lifetime membership at Bally's when they had a special, now I only pay $4 a month.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
all fees and costs included, if it's only 210 for a good, well equipped gym that you like that's a pretty good deal yes. anything near or below 20/month is what I would call a better than average monthly rate

shadow_manifest

Awards
I pay 43 a month and my gym isn't that great. thats a great deal imo.

DarCSA

Awards
FREE!!!!! No but 210 sounds very reasonable to me. Damn man 4 a month is a hell of a deal.

db682

Awards
  • Established
I pay $100 bucks a year for a very well equipted gym as part of a Corporate program through the Speedway, but In Miami I was paying almost $500 a year for a bad ass golds gym membership and that was on a 3 yr contract. Can you say ouch! I think I was taken advantage of then raped because it was a direct payment striaght from my bank account no matter what I wanted to do. But the atmosphere was wonderful. Like a neverending buffet of hot ass college chicks, EVERYWHERE.:D Thats actually where I met my wife. How sweat.:eek:

db

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
My Bally's membership is up pretty soon, and it will cost $210 or so to renew for a year. Does this sound good or are there better deals out there?
Bally's is infamous for long, expensive contracts so $210 for a year doesn't sound so bad. However, it's hard to know whether it's a good deal or not since your profile doesn't say where you live.

I'm paying $28 per month for a gym (that's cheap for So. Cal) that tries to be an all around fitness place so it's just OK for lifting. The bonus is that being an all around fitness place there is some "talent" to check out in between sets.

~Todd

dieseldude

Awards
210.00 is very reasonable IMO.
There are no gyms in my area for under 300.00 per year.

T-Bar

Awards
My gym is free cuz I'm in the military, but it's packed full of douche-bags and there's no standing calf raise machine, trap-bar, or dumbells over 110 lbs.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I pay $22/month for a Gold's Gym. DB's go up to 140lbs, not too bad. No trap bar either though :mad:

Clintdogg

Clintdogg

Awards
i pay 31 a month, and thats the lowest price available. I can only use the weight room and lockers at that price. For more, you can use the racquet ball rooms, basketball courts, and the swimming pools. I didnt think it was alot until i saw your post about 210 dollars, mines comes out to 372 :( .

i could goto ft. meade and workout cause my dads a retired marine, but like T-bar said, its full of douche bags.

NE1

Man you guys are lucky, the gyms close to me are $45 and $50 a month with a $250-$350 joining fee (if you dont sign a contract. Nothing special about em either.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
i'd say its a pretty good deal...i pay $299 per year at my gym and its a good, basic gym. its locally owned and they do a good job of keeping the equip up plus members are good about re-racking weights. db up to 210 lbs..almost ready to curl those puppies....heh I WISH.

we dont have ballys here but do have 24 hrs, its ok but they have 45 plates painted powder blue, and um, well, not my kinda place.

JblazeGirlie

Awards
  • Established
I went to PowerHouse Gym and I paid $15 a month and to add someone on to my account is an extra $12 a month but for a year it would be around $180. The only other gym that was around was 24hr fitness and it is expensive! Just to enroll and all the other service charges that tack on is like $400 and like 19 a month or something like that. Now I am just going to work out at on campus at the rec cen.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I pay $22/month for a Gold's Gym. DB's go up to 140lbs, not too bad. No trap bar either though :mad:
sounds like a shitty golds jerry weave :D I've noticed that about them though after visiting a few different states... some are good, some blow donkey balls

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
I will never pay more than $25/month for gym membership, although I have in the past.

I'm currently paying $25/month for lifetime membership at a World Gym.