• Total voters
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me start off by saying that i absolutely loathe walmart and all aspects of its existance. I have my reasons(personal and otherwise) and i could probably go on for an hour about it. Anyway, i figured this would spark an interesting debate overall. I'd like to hear all of your thoughts on this topic. :D

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
As much as I hate walmart, there is no place that is more fun to go to at 3 in the morning. You see some really f-ed up people in there at 3am.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As much as I hate walmart, there is no place that is more fun to go to at 3 in the morning. You see some really f-ed up people in there at 3am.
Bro i see those same people in there during the day everytime i've been there lol

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
There's a lot of reasons why Wal-Mart sucks, but the main reason why I don't go there is the scum of the surrounding place that you are living at seem to congregate all at that store.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a big fan of either, as I feel around my area they are both filled with the same kind of people. And they are always short stocked. BJ's Wholesale is where its at for me...they even have a huge BJ's liquor store at mine.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am actually VERY impressed with the direction Target has gone in, once they realized that going head to head with Walmart they would lose.

Their home furnishings section is actually nice, and some of their clothes are good quality. Their prices are still reasonable, and their home branded food products are unique and appealing.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I prefer Target over Wal-Mart, even if the prices are a tad higher. The aisles are wider and things seem more spread out. Target just gives me a comfy feeling, unlike the "I'll shoot everyone in here" feeling I get in Wal-Mart. I know that some ninnymuggins figured my town's Wal-Mart aisles to be wide enough for two people to get by with MILLIMETERS to spare between carts. You get a fat f*ck in one of those motorized things, you have to go around by choosing a different aisle (which is usually taken up by more fat f*cks).

I won't get into the scumbags navigating the parking lot like Cole Trickle. That's another thread.

My small town of ~8,000 people got a Super Wal-Mart a few years ago. It will hereafter be referred to as The Wal-Mart, as that is what most sheeple here call it.

Its existence brought down two local grocers. So, now, if I want some steak and don't want to leave town to get it, I HAVE to get it from The Wal-Mart.

Of course, Target isn't that different from Wal-Mart. I guess Wal-Mart just does it better (taking over the world, that is).

There's just something about Wal-Mart that tells all the dirtbags, "Hey, come on in, we accept you." I'm not talking about the dirtbags that come in to buy groceries and whatnot, but the skeezers that hang out (aka walk up and down aisles for hours, never buying anything but a pack of smokes). And they smell. Oh God, do they smell.

I know this little rant took many directions. But, I believe Wal-Mart (and associated mentality) to be the root of all evil.

/rant

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I prefer Target over Wal-Mart, even if the prices are a tad higher. The aisles are wider and things seem more spread out. Target just gives me a comfy feeling, unlike the "I'll shoot everyone in here" feeling I get in Wal-Mart. I know that some ninnymuggins figured my town's Wal-Mart aisles to be wide enough for two people to get by with MILLIMETERS to spare between carts. You get a fat f*ck in one of those motorized things, you have to go around by choosing a different aisle (which is usually taken up by more fat f*cks).

I won't get into the scumbags navigating the parking lot like Cole Trickle. That's another thread.

My small town of ~8,000 people got a Super Wal-Mart a few years ago. It will hereafter be referred to as The Wal-Mart, as that is what most sheeple here call it.

Its existence brought down two local grocers. So, now, if I want some steak and don't want to leave town to get it, I HAVE to get it from The Wal-Mart.

Of course, Target isn't that different from Wal-Mart. I guess Wal-Mart just does it better (taking over the world, that is).

There's just something about Wal-Mart that tells all the dirtbags, "Hey, come on it, we accept you." I'm not talking about the dirtbags that come in to buy groceries and whatnot, but the skeezers that hang out (aka walk up and down aisles for hours, never buying anything but a pack of smokes). And they smell. Oh God, do they smell.

I know this little rant took many directions. But, I believe Wal-Mart (and associated mentality) to be the root of all evil.

/rant
You have certainly touched on many of the issues that i have with walmart in general. lol The smaller aisles at walmart in conjunction with the amount of people that crowd them drives me NUTS!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

There's just something about Wal-Mart that tells all the dirtbags, "Hey, come on it, we accept you." I'm not talking about the dirtbags that come in to buy groceries and whatnot, but the skeezers that hang out (aka walk up and down aisles for hours, never buying anything but a pack of smokes). And they smell. Oh God, do they smell.

/rant
The man is a prophet of wisdom.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's truly amazing in the different class of people that shop at target in contrast to walmart overall imo. Anytime i've ever gone to walmart i've ALWAYS walked out of there frustrated and annoyed beyond belief.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
The thing that brings all the trash, scum, low-lifes, drug dealers, etc, etc to Wal-mart is the 'low low prices' since that is what they can afford.

The higher the prices, typically the more 'refined' the individuals go to due to more wealth, and probably more education. The more education, typically the less 'trashy' per se.

Of course there is always exceptions to the rule.

Ecomonics 101.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I remember one time I went to Wal-mart, there was this individual wearing a t-shirt that said, 'You raise your flag, I'll raise mine' (or something to that effect) with a large confederate flag on the front.

.......classy.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The thing that brings all the trash, scum, low-lifes, drug dealers, etc, etc to Wal-mart is the 'low low prices' since that is what they can afford.

The higher the prices, typically the more 'refined' the individuals go to due to more wealth, and probably more education. The more education, typically the less 'trashy' per se.

Ecomonics 101.
True. There are many factors overall that contribute to walmarts' less than desireable presentation/image imo.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
True. There are many factors overall that contribute to walmarts' less than desirable presentation/image imo.
The whole 'illegal labor', monopolizing over smaller privately owned shops, etc, etc does not really help them either.

I don't go because their produce typically is of low quality, and I'd rather pay a higher price, for better quality food.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am actually VERY impressed with the direction Target has gone in, once they realized that going head to head with Walmart they would lose.

Their home furnishings section is actually nice, and some of their clothes are good quality. Their prices are still reasonable, and their home branded food products are unique and appealing.
Agreed. They've gone in a very good direction. They have good quality products at affordable prices. The biggest selling factor for target for me personally is the overall cleanliness of the store.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. They've gone in a very good direction. They have good quality products at affordable prices. The biggest selling factor for target for me personally is the overall cleanliness of the store.
Since graduating college, I've gotten out of the *lowest price possible* mentality. Now, I expect decent prices (not the lowest, but not 3x more) and a clean, well-presented atmosphere. Obviously, Wal-Mart gets a big FAIL on this.

I like Target because if feels clean. People seem nicer (as in not as many skeezers). And they offer stuff Wal-Mart doesn't... like decent quality clothes, some decent furniture, etc.

Also, from a generic philosophical standpoint, I hate giving Wal-Mart my money.

I'd much rather pay 10-15% more from Mom and Pop Foods than give a freakin' penny to Wal-Mart - even given the much smaller selection. But, alas, The Wal-Mart has taken over town... I am forced to patronize them more than I desire.

Oh man... I just thought of another great American innovation... Sticking McDonalds inside of Wal-Marts! I have, on more than one occasion, seen Fat Sweaty Betty motor herself (in those go-cart things) from the checkout line straight to McDonalds.

:burg:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
cheaper prices does not always mean that the quality is parallel to other stores. Produce food is something that is a big price difference between Wal-mart and other stores.

I'm not a big fan of Wal-mart's atmosphere either, however, the biggest deal breaker for me is quality. Some of Wal-mart's products are just low quality.

but stuff like electronics that is all the same at any store, Wal-mart sells them cheaper by 'alternative cost saving routes aka illegal labor,etc'.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh man... I just thought of another great American innovation... Sticking McDonalds inside of Wal-Marts! I have, on more than one occasion, seen Fat Sweaty Betty motor herself (in those go-cart things) from the checkout line straight to McDonalds.

Not to mention that you can order and pay for your food while you are checking out (yep, I want these floral MuuMuus, little debbies, case of Dr. Pepper...and let me get a double quarter pounder meal..super sized - Shopppinz is Hard Work)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

What are those things called anyway.... roddies or something to that effect?

I agree with a lot of what's been said. For produce and overall grocery selections I'll usually hit up the smaller, cleaner(at least in appearance) stores ala Meijer's, Kroger, Wild Oats, etc.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are those things called anyway.... roddies or something to that effect?

I agree with a lot of what's been said. For produce and overall grocery selections I'll usually hit up the smaller, cleaner(at least in appearance) stores ala Meijer's, Kroger, Wild Oats, etc.
I can agree that. I don't usually do any of my grocery shopping at supertarget. I tend to hit up the smaller stores myself.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I can agree that. I don't usually do any of my grocery shopping at supertarget. I tend to hit up the smaller stores myself.
I've never been to a "Super" Target. The produce at Wal-Mart is horrible. There is only one other place in town that offers some produce (at least meat and dairy), so I pack up Coleman cooler w/ some ice, drive 23min. each way to Kroger and back.

Also, I've noticed that Super Wal-Marts are turning into pseudo-malls.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
i 'ran' into walmart in miami last weekend to 'pick up a few things'

instead of running into the local grocery chain which is nice, clean, and friendly, not to mention cheap...

i found myself getting run into by shopping carts that were pushed by 9 year olds while parents were clueless

it was an almost fight to get through the aisles... i couldnt find anything as their organization 'system' made no sense to me..

the quality of the generic foods is questionable.. my grocers generics are much better, and about the same price

then i had to wait in line for 15 mins to check out...

so a 20 min in-and-out trip turned into an hour fisaco.

i will avoid superwalmart at all costs in the future, except for ammunition (its only place around to get cheap ammo for the range)

ive only been in 1 supertarget, but it was much cleaner and easier to navigate

target even has some nice (cheap) clothes.. got a decent, designer looking pair of jeans for $15. designer looking polo shirts for under $10. nothing fancy, but good casual shirt to wear into the office

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Target has done a good job improving the quality of their clothes. They are coming out now with very nice suits and jackets that you could never find at Wal-mart. The Massimo (sp) brand they have also is improving quality in their casual line of clothing.

My friend's father works for Kelloggs as a product developer. They said that they sell Wal-mart the lesser quality goods due to the nature of the store, and sell better end products and competetive prices to other groceries like Kroger, Meijer, etc.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i 'ran' into walmart in miami last weekend to 'pick up a few things'

instead of running into the local grocery chain which is nice, clean, and friendly, not to mention cheap...

i found myself getting run into by shopping carts that were pushed by 9 year olds while parents were clueless

it was an almost fight to get through the aisles... i couldnt find anything as their organization 'system' made no sense to me..

the quality of the generic foods is questionable.. my grocers generics are much better, and about the same price

then i had to wait in line for 15 mins to check out...

so a 20 min in-and-out trip turned into an hour fisaco.

i will avoid superwalmart at all costs in the future, except for ammunition (its only place around to get cheap ammo for the range)

Heaven forbid if you only want toilet paper and shampoo. You have to walk through the entire store. Organization and commerce at it's best.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Heaven forbid if you only want toilet paper and shampoo. You have to walk through the entire store. Organization and commerce at it's best.
Yup. The Wal-Mart puts its basics - milk, eggs, OJ, toilet paper, etc. in the VERY back of the store.

What I REALLY hate is when a store will actually make you walk up and around 1 or 2 aisles as soon as you walk in the store before you can even see a cash register. The Save-A-Lot here in town does this, as well as a grocery store in my old home town. They FORCE you through these rows of "buy me" goods.

Pisses me off. I know what I want. I want to get it and get out.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only reason I like Wal-Mart is because of the prices. Otherwise, I just hate the way they have the store set up. They have pallets of crap in the middle of the isle, so you have a hard time walking and not bumping into the idiots that shop/live their. Especially the 700 pound "females" using those scooters to shop. Then there are the big mommas with 7 or 8 brats running around. I used to go later at night to shop since there are less people, but then what they do is block off certain areas because they are buffing the floors. Guess what?. Most of the stuff I came to get is in that particular area!.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I hardly ever buy clothing from non-designers stores (in the mall) but for the times I need just plain shorts/t's/socks it's definitely Target for me. I like how they have tried add a designer touch to their clothes (slim fits, boot cuts) that shows me they aren't just mass producing clothes, but are actually paying attention to what people like.

I also agree with the whole cleanliness of Target versus Wal-Mart. My Target is very clean, and is always fairly well stocked. I usually always drive the extra 10 minutes to hit up Target, rather then my neighborhood Wal-Mart. Target gets my vote.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The females at Target here are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY hotter than Wal-mart.
Plain and simple.

I get maybe half my stuff at Wal-mart and Sam's - the rest at Super Target.

I still do get the items that I consume alot of in a week at Sam's/Wal-mart (if they are cheaper enough - a few pennies isn't worth dealing with the in-store traffic at Wal-mart).

I do find it amusing watching the local yocals in Wal-mart. They don't really annoy me all that much - I mostly chuckle.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:blink: I can't believe this is actually a thread.......Trauma I need to have a long talk with you.

On a side note the 3am thing is hilarious.......I have had many rather interesting trips to Walmart in the wee hours of the morn....

and ya hotter chicks shop at Target.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
:blink: I can't believe this is actually a thread.......Trauma I need to have a long talk with you.

On a side note the 3am thing is hilarious.......I have had many rather interesting trips to Walmart in the wee hours of the morn....

I am stuck w/ The Wal-Mart being the only "shopping center" for 20+ miles.

But, I must say that I've had some good times trolling the DVDs and electronics aisles after a nice fat joint.

:donut:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You're one of the 3am weirdo goons that frequents walmart in the wee hours of the morning foo:blink:........just kidding there Trip-A-Saurus Rex ;):D

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Walmart is very Marxist, but I can't say that I mind it all that much. I shop there occasionally, but not for produce. Their produce is horrible. We have a Super Walmart now. The closest thing we have to Target, is a TJ Maxx. It's the same idea, only Target is much, much bigger. We're supposed to be getting a Target added on to our mall at some point. They've already begun construction.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I don't like either but I'd rather shop at Target since it's not polluted by the scum of society and you will see finer women in Target as jmh pointed out. All the chicks at Wal-Mart have guts like William "The Fridge" Perry and 5+ critters running out of control in the store.

I once went for oats because Costco was out and I had to weave in and out of the aisles to avoid inconsiderate retards who stop in the middle of the aisle to look at some crap they won't buy but they'll impede passage for others ! I just want to close-line those idiots.

I really love Costco, they have all I need at a cheap enough price. Their parking lot is very organized, they hire hotter chicks, they have great customer service, and I can avoid 99.9% of the people I'd see at Wal-Mart.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I really love Costco, they have all I need at a cheap enough price. Their parking lot is very organized, they hire hotter chicks, they have great customer service, and I can avoid 99.9% of the people I'd see at Wal-Mart.
yeaap... costco is a madhouse.. but it flows in order. anywhere you have to pay to be a member will always filter out the scum of the earth. its the same reason ill pay tolls to drive on the turnpike rather than take I-95 for free. smarter, more mature drivers.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thusfar walmart is being defeated in a landslide...........The polls don't lie haha :)

shnitzel

Awards
Totally Awesome Rockin' Girls Every Time

I swore the mart off years ago.
Target is the place. Like stated, it is just more "comfortable."
The other benefit is that the girls are infinitely hotter at Target.
Target, among some of my friends, has become..
Totally Awesome Rockin' Girls Every Time. Not too happy about the "rockin'" part of that, and I am willing to substitute.
The mothers are often hard to distinguish from their kids.
It doesn't hurt that the Target is a little closer to the yuppie section of town.
Unfortunately, I just rediscovered my passion for Frosted Rice Krispies..and after a little net research...low and behold..the Super Wal-Mart stocks them.. I went last week to pick up a few boxes...oh brother...that place is skanks.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ecomonics 101.

Last Summer at my local Wal-Mart some guy went nuts. Heres a link. These are the "regulars" at Wal-mart.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=58348

typeOnegative

typeOnegative

Awards
shhhhhh... guys you know it can hear you... it knows all, hears all...

walmart is taking over the world and south park had it right... at least target has higher (somewhat) quality of products

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
They both suck Wal-Mart ruins the chances of the littel mom and pops stores every where. Target is the biggest piece of crap. Have you ever seen a donation groupl in front of Target suck as the VA or the Boys Club. No becauser they will not allow it and are pieces fo crap.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I have actually been to a couple of nice Wal-marts in my time, but the vast majority of Wal-marts are nasty. Where I live at the moment Wal-mart is pretty much my only option. I live in a rural community, and when Wal-mart moved in it shut down nearly every other retailer in the area.

I generally make one trip to Sams a month (it is 70 miles away) and stock up on the basics, and then rely on weekly trips to Wal-mart to get bread, milk, etc.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I truly despise walmart, and have both a walmart superstore with grocery and target with grocery inside of a mile, and yet somehow I always end up at the walmart. And hate the fact that I am there. I still don't understand why. The meat dept at the target blows, I know that. just not quite enough selection, and the prices are high.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The last time I was there I saw some fat lady in pajamas and flip flops. Keep in mind there is snow and ice on the ground where I live and it has been in the 20's outside.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I go to Wal-Mart for their cheap prices, that is it. Easy, maybe that is why you go also?. I only get certain things there though. Chicken is cheap their, their other meat is crappy quality and if you have tried any of their red meat it has some kind of solution added to it that makes it tast just "off". They have good prices on paper products and toiletries and tons of other things. Just the majority of the people that shop their are just constantly in my way along with the stupid pallets that are in the middle of the isles. It is more like an un-organized warehouse than a store.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I truly despise walmart, and have both a walmart superstore with grocery and target with grocery inside of a mile, and yet somehow I always end up at the walmart. And hate the fact that I am there. I still don't understand why. The meat dept at the target blows, I know that. just not quite enough selection, and the prices are high.
I agree with the deli being subpar. Easy, the wife and i used to frequent the target in wesley chapel. However, anytime we need to buy any serious amount of food, to publix we went. :)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
YO!! I was at fukcin Walmart earlier today, on my way back from the gym. Ok im in line in the self checkout line(with ONE thing).....there is this fukcing RETARDED old ***** with like 5 kids, buying like 40 things in the self check out!?!?!?!?!?!?! I wanted to choke the b*tch.......I hate that place! UGH!!!!!

skunkman

Awards
Is it just me or does walmart take the whole diversity thing to an extreme? If I go to target or the likes it's a pretty "normal" looking staff. I think the type of people they hire plays a large role in the productivity of the staff and also can determine the comfort level of the 3am weirdos.

T-bone wonders why those pallets of merchandise are always laying around. psshh walmart can't hire a stock boy under 65. Thats discrimination.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
YO!! I was at fukcin Walmart earlier today, on my way back from the gym. Ok im in line in the self checkout line(with ONE thing).....there is this fukcing RETARDED old ***** with like 5 kids, buying like 40 things in the self check out!?!?!?!?!?!?! I wanted to choke the b*tch.......I hate that place! UGH!!!!!
Bro almost every story i have with walmart ends like yours lol. Man i walked around disney for the last 3 days with MANY very irritating little kids!! Thank god for epcot and the beer.......

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with the deli being subpar. Easy, the wife and i used to frequent the target in wesley chapel. However, anytime we need to buy any serious amount of food, to publix we went. :)
Yeah, i'm right between that target, and the walmart south of Wharton HS. That walmart has a decent bakery too actually. I do hit publix more than either walmart or target for groceries, but its funny that most of the time i'll take the shorter drive with the pain and suffering of walmart rather than the 2 miles further to publix. and I don't know why. When I have the kids with me, its for the crane machines in the walmart entrance I know that :D

Otter_Wife

Otter_Wife

Awards
I like both and hate both. Walmart has better prices but Target has better stuff. My target only has 3 out of 25 lines open every time i go and half of the town is checking out the same time i am. Walmart is beaner village here, not sure what it is about the people down here, but they bring their whole freakin family and walking in a horizontal line down the aisle with grandma trying to keep up. and you try to get around them and they dont even speak english and ignore you when you say excuse me. I like walmart only because i can run in get what i need because i know where it is and leave. and its just down the road. if there was a target on this side of town, i think walmart would only be if i needed something after 10.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like both and hate both. Walmart has better prices but Target has better stuff. My target only has 3 out of 25 lines open every time i go and half of the town is checking out the same time i am. Walmart is beaner village here, not sure what it is about the people down here, but they bring their whole freakin family and walking in a horizontal line down the aisle with grandma trying to keep up. and you try to get around them and they dont even speak english and ignore you when you say excuse me. I like walmart only because i can run in get what i need because i know where it is and leave. and its just down the road. if there was a target on this side of town, i think walmart would only be if i needed something after 10.
dont worry baby, its not like that in PA.