serg tankian

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
best cd i have ever listened too. i believe its ther lead singer from system of a down new project. anyone else heard it?

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah thats his name...havent heard it though..I'll DL some tonight and chime in

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Great cd. He's gotta be one of the most political mofo's in the biz right now. Highfive to my fellow Serj fans.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well, my initial impression is S-O-A-D with less talent......Ill give it some more time but honestly his poilitical side is part of what pushes me away....Rage Against the Machine got irritating towards the end of their life as well. I get the message but I dont want to be preached to anymore. Thats why I stopped listeneing to NAS.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Oh, believe me Tom Morello (RATM Guitarist) annoys the piss outta' me. But Serj does his "preaching" through satire in his music, instead of taking the "American Idiot" approach. Give him a shot, if for no other reason than getting to hear SOAD-type music while they're apart.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
he is very good at putting his views outthere, but they are guised very well thru his lyrics

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
anti-depressants making life more tolerable....

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Sej is one of my main reason i pay so much attention to how our goverment acts and people in general. I think he makes great points and can really opens some peoples eyes. I have loved SOAD since Their first album. Ever since i never miss a beat with them.
Serj is solo right now.
The guitarist is doinghis own thing also.
I think the Bassist might work with Serj some still.

This just inspired me to listen to some SOAD.
Peace.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Its funny how Serj is so "evironmentally aware" and "politically enlightened," yet he can be seen driving a Hummer....? Hmmmm..I guess his album should be titled "Do as I say, not as I do"

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Its funny how Serj is so "evironmentally aware" and "politically enlightened," yet he can be seen driving a Hummer....? Hmmmm..I guess his album should be titled "Do as I say, not as I do"

You saw him driving one?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I went to a SOAD concert a few years back at the Vault in Long Beach, and a bunch of people went out back to see if they could meet the band or get autographs, and he and a couple other people took off in a black hummer on like 22s.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Its also been talked about a lot on rock radio out here...