Baby with super human strength

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't read the whole thing, so I'm not sure if it was mentioned...FWIR, people don't tend to live a normal life span when they have this mutation. It's actually somewhat common in whippets. Do a search on Wendy the Whippet on here or google. You won't believe the pic when you first see it, but it's real.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In Liam's case, the myostatin his body produces is rejected by muscle cells. He and others with his condition can have up to 50 per cent more muscle mass than the average person, experts said.

INtersting take right there...instead of working to inhibit the expression of the myostatin gene/protein, we should perhaps look for ways for skeletal muscle to reject the protein.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
also in Liams case he still produces myostatin so his tendons shouldn't be of a concern.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I didn't read the whole thing, so I'm not sure if it was mentioned...FWIR, people don't tend to live a normal life span when they have this mutation. It's actually somewhat common in whippets. Do a search on Wendy the Whippet on here or google. You won't believe the pic when you first see it, but it's real.
I always thought that picture of the dog was fake. I guess not. Theres no evidence to prove that people won't live a long life with this rare genetic mutation though.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might have to go back read the whole thing...this sounds like it might be different than what I was thinking it was.

In Liam's case, the myostatin his body produces is rejected by muscle cells. He and others with his condition can have up to 50 per cent more muscle mass than the average person, experts said.

INtersting take right there...instead of working to inhibit the expression of the myostatin gene/protein, we should perhaps look for ways for skeletal muscle to reject the protein.
Get to work; I expect to see something for RPN by the end of the month and hopefully Nutra will carry it in bulk by spring break!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get to work; I expect to see something for RPN by the end of the month and hopefully Nutra will carry it in bulk by spring break!
If I said we already have a lead on something, would you be surprised?

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Dude it would be amazing to have that mutation/sickness w/e that the kid has. Lol.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
The kid is 19 months old and can do an iron cross...

His mom said he's a nice boy, but he's thrown two tantrums so far. One led to a whole in the wall (he punched through a wall at less than 19 months old), And the second led to the mom sporting a black eye. Kid is beast.