In My Opinion... Asking the same questions...

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.02%

In My Opinion... Asking the same questions...

Just some food for thought...

I have noticed throughout forums that people often get ridiculed for asking the same questions over and over again. Also, it seems like it happens on supplement/lifting/steroid/PH forums on several websites. Before we give hasty responses maybe we should think for a moment here... If people stopped asking questions like "How does gravtity work?" would we keep finding new ways to fly??? Maybe it's just because I'm an engineer and I think very logically and ask many questions in order to solve problems (also probably why I thought of gravity for a analogy)... My point here being if people keep asking questions like Clomid vs Nolva, or "Is my post cycle therapy ok?", or "What's a good dose for a test e bulking cycle?", should we really just give them a hard time or take the time to reconsider it ourselves as well since rethinking the same question over and over again is how new ideas are created to solve existing problems. So to those who answer these questions by saying "do your research!" or things of nature I say that person is doing their research and that's why they are asking questions. Also, to those who say things like "I get tired of answering the same questions over and over again", I say no one said you were required to answer them again so if all you are going to do is be negative then don't answer.

Luckily I have seen a lot of positive responses here and that is why I joined here and left my old forums. I am not trying to sound negative towards AM just people who post on any forums in general with the attitudes I speak of. I will probably be ridiculed for this post but oh well. Again I am not trying to offend anyone here either.

On a lighter note hello everyone and I am glad I joined here versus some of the other forums out there on the same topics as this one, no website mentions needed...

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I think a lot of people are under the impression that 'do your research' is limited to am.com, or even just looking at one thread related to the topic, when in actuality this is not the case.

99.99% of the questions asked have some form of answer out on the web. This includes: 'Will I gain 10 lbs off of N.O.-XPLODE ?' and the answer to that is a resounding: 'yes'
  3. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dville04 View Post
    If people stopped asking questions like "How does gravtity work?" would we keep finding new ways to fly???
    When was the last time we came up with new way to fly?

Part of the issue is that they largely do just ask "How does gravity work", not "I read about nuclear attraction and although it makes sense I still don't understand why the 1 molecule wide hairs on a gecko's feet still give it enough gravitational attraction to a wall that it can ignore the downward force of gravity, can someone explain that"

Its the difference of asking for clarification on a detail, rather than "someone else spend the time to tell me what to do so I dont' have to spend the time myself to learn anything"
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Part of the issue is that they largely do just ask "How does gravity work", not "I read about nuclear attraction and although it makes sense I still don't understand why the 1 molecule wide hairs on a gecko's feet still give it enough gravitational attraction to a wall that it can ignore the downward force of gravity, can someone explain that"
    and i was just about to say the same thing.......
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm with Easy on this one, as much as this community is here to 'Learn Teach Lead' it should also be understood that learning is something of an individual process.

Researching a questions before asking a question not only alieviates the 'got search' party, but it also creates a conversational environment that can lead to 'new ways to fly'.

Welcome to the board.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.28%

Easy has it exactly. We get the same,"Do I need post cycle therapy for superdrol" questions once a day, it seems like. It's the simple questons that are answered three times on the page already that are ridiculed. Like Easy said, if they'd read up a little and asked a more in depth question that ellicits a bit of discussion, versus a resounding "yes" or "no".

Oh, and if the hairs are only a molecule wide, you can fit one hell of a lot of them on one toe. Taking into consideration the enormous(relatively speaking) amount of surface area on millions of molecule wide chains, plus the potential for molecular attraction enhanced by most surfaces having at least a bit of a charge, there would seem to be plenty enough attraction to hold up a teensy cute little gecko. JMHO
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.02%

I pretty much agree with all these responses, and the 'how to fly' bit was just the first analogy that came to mind. I understand very much so when someone ask a very vague question. Also, one thing I like a lot about the forums here at AM is the abundance of poll questions. I think these are a valuable source of info and opinions that people can get a lot of their questions answered in if they just take the time to read the educated responses.
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.28%

I pretty much agree with all these responses, and the 'how to fly' bit was just the first analogy that came to mind. I understand very much so when someone ask a very vague question. Also, one thing I like a lot about the forums here at AM is the abundance of poll questions. I think these are a valuable source of info and opinions that people can get a lot of their questions answered in if they just take the time to read the educated responses.
    I'm totally with you on the polls. They're a great way to get a good feel for the general response and effecacy of a supp or diet or exercises. They also tend to lead to some good debates on the pros and cons and differences between supps.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.02%

that is true on the pros and cons part. i like to read up on what the different sides are of different supps and how people dealt with them/got rid of them, not that i want anyone to have sides obviously but just in case i run into the same things.
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

that is true on the pros and cons part. i like to read up on what the different sides are of different supps and how people dealt with them/got rid of them, not that i want anyone to have sides obviously but just in case i run into the same things.
    And you get to see how they affect different people too. Not everyone gets anabolic dumps from pslin, but some do like me. I still use it occasionally, but really can't use it long term

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need Help Asking The Right Question ?
    By hitman6813 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 11:33 PM
  2. Geranium In my opinion best not to use frequently
    By John Smeton in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 01:44 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 12:20 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 07:43 PM
  5. is my weight staying the same because im adding muscle?
    By iwinulose2981 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 12:23 PM