Fitted T-Shirts

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are some brand named (not designer brands) T-Shirts that are out there that are fitted or even French cut style (V-neck/shorter sleeved).

I always find that whether I am bulked up or leaned down it's hard to find a t-shirt that fits well. They are usually too loose and long in the arms and often times too long in the length as well.

Most times during the 'off season' when I am heavier I can wear an XL but that is when I am a bit fatter and about 210lbs. Even then the XL fits well with the exception of the sleeves and length being too long. I am only 5'9" and an XL can be quite long.

Now that I am leaned down a lot these shirts just don't cut it for anything other than the gym and pajamas.

I'm looking for a heavier cloth maybe in a variety of solid colors with no logos or print and no pockets.

Help me out. :D

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
HANS PERFECT T's. I believe it's the brand AFFLICTION makes their high quality t's from. 2 for $10 at Target. Or Calvin Klein T's at Nordstrom for I think 1 or 2 for $18.

I'd go Han's Perfect T's, the sleeves are fitting but not suffocating so it doesn't look like your trying to wear a tight muscle shirt and the cut around the waste is loose, but fitting from left to right so if you're lean then it'll show, but if you're not so lean, the cut is loose enough from front to back that it won't show the gut, but not cut so loose that you get that bell shape from horribly cut shirts.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I absolutely LOVE the Gap stretch t's. They are fitted AND stretchy, yet they grab in all the right spots.

I think I paid around $15 each for them, but they are among my favorite shirts.

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
Affliction Shirts are great for me at 6'2" 210. Perfect length and width at the bottom. Shows off the guns also.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I absolutely LOVE the Gap stretch t's. They are fitted AND stretchy, yet they grab in all the right spots.

Agreed, i love the gap tees myself. The store in general has gone to crap, but they still have great tee-shirts that fit well.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just picked up some Old Navy ones for 79 cents each on post-holiday clearance last weekend, your local store would probably still have them. I've been paying full price for Old Navy's basic, plain-old fitted tees for a few years now and they hold up well over time. I bet I still have some that are a few years old and not looking ratty yet. And when you are done with them, they are great rags for drying a car after washing without scratching the clear-coat!

I have no financial affiliation with Old Navy, I just wanted to pass on that deal I got!

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
I hate tight shirts..Its all about the pro club heavy duty.. XL-talls...
the best shirts ever created.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hate tight shirts..Its all about the pro club heavy duty.. XL-talls...
the best shirts ever created.
Shag off, ya skirt wearin' pansy

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
and in no way am i wereing a skirt.. i just dont try to shove 205lbs into a medium and try to walk around like an over sized abercrombie model..Just not how i roll...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don't like the Bratwurst look?

/no hostility...I guess my scottish accent did not come across well on a forum.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
Nope.. if when a person takes there shirt off and you can see marks on there arm where the sleave was so tight it dug in then that guy needs a bigger ****..

Out here in socal i see those fruit cakes every day... i eat sissys like that for breakfast...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! Anyways, American Apparel makes great shirt in a variety of cuts/colors.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
American Rag makes some great T's, fit nice on an athletic body, The Hanes T's mentioned earlier also fit very well. It seems T-shirts by every other company are designed for 140lbs muscle-less girly men from europe.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
American Rag makes some great T's, fit nice on an athletic body, The Hanes T's mentioned earlier also fit very well. It seems T-shirts by every other company are designed for 140lbs muscle-less girly men from europe.
:toofunny:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
lol, no kiddin'. Why does being 5'10 and 180 pounds necessitate an extra large t-shirt? Everything is now designed for starving Vietnamese metro's (probably because they are stitched together BY starving Vietnamese or Chinese kids). Now we know how average sized women feel.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I know you arent lookin for designer brands, but I have a few a&f "undershirts" (L and XL) that are totally plain, dark gray/gray v-neck tees that are fitted but not TOO fitted.. I like them mainly cause they are just plain -- no logos, pockets, emblems etc which is why I like them..

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I didn't have puffy nips I might look good in a fitted shirt. Bleh.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just tell everyone it is the Victoria Secret Wonder Tee.
You always make me feel so much better, Dsade. :(

I'm hoping the Epidrol I just started today will change that at least a little bit. Keep up with my H-drol/Epidrol/ECY log if you aren't!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys have turned my thread into a What Not To Wear Episode!

I'll probably be shopping this next coming we. The Gap T's look nice and I think they have a three-for sale on them...at least the online site did.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Was at the mall and stopped in at the Gap. Tried on those stretch t's. Sweet!!!

They are $16.50 and at 3 or more they are $12. I'll be picking up 3 or more this weekend.

Thanks for the "queer eye for the strait guy" :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was at the mall and stopped in at the Gap. Tried on those stretch t's. Sweet!!!

They are $16.50 and at 3 or more they are $12. I'll be picking up 3 or more this weekend.

Thanks for the "queer eye for the strait guy" :)
SALE!!??

WOO HOO....I love the black ones, but the extra larges are getting a tad tight even for my taste.

Probably going to swing by and pick up some XXL.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SALE!!??

WOO HOO....I love the black ones, but the extra larges are getting a tad tight even for my taste.

Probably going to swing by and pick up some XXL.
The Gap Stretch T's huh. I'll have to give those a try, I've never heard of them and I'm always in search of some good t's.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They are $12 for three or more.

They fit real nice and worth $12 bucks in my opinion.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
HANS PERFECT T's. I believe it's the brand AFFLICTION makes their high quality t's from. 2 for $10 at Target. Or Calvin Klein T's at Nordstrom for I think 1 or 2 for $18.

I'd go Han's Perfect T's, the sleeves are fitting but not suffocating so it doesn't look like your trying to wear a tight muscle shirt and the cut around the waste is loose, but fitting from left to right so if you're lean then it'll show, but if you're not so lean, the cut is loose enough from front to back that it won't show the gut, but not cut so loose that you get that bell shape from horribly cut shirts.
I was just about to say it. The hanes perfect T is the ultimate T-shirt, in my opinion. I get them in 2 paks for like $5-$10 at Wal-mart, and honestly they are my favorite shirts to wear. Plain, tagless, and comfortable. Not much else you can ask for in a T-shirt.