What Can One Do?

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I'm sitting here watching the Congressional hearings about performance enhancers with Sen. Mitchell, Bug Selig, & Donald Fehr, and it's sickening seeing tax dollars wasted like this. My impression based on feedback I hear or read, that the public in not necessarily in favor of these hearings. What can the people do to force Congress to focus their attention to something more constructive for our society (and time & money)?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Thats a helluva good question, and something more people should be asking. Between local law enforcement, state law enforcement, FBI, DEA, and the FDA you'd think there would be enough people to enforce current law. I think Congress is way out of line getting involved in this. There are far more pressing issues that need attention.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
When it comes time to vote for congressmen, you can NOT vote for them. But in statles like mine Senator Hatch is almost a 100% guarantee. Its a joke.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, unfortunately I did not see any of my states Congress members involved in this or the 2005 hearings.

I'm referring more to a petition type action, but more along the lines of something legally binding. Almost like forcing a vote on the matter. I just don't know enough about what kind of laws may be in the books (that the general public does not know) that could be exercised...

OK done ramblin'.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, unfortunately I did not see any of my states Congress members involved in this or the 2005 hearings.

I'm referring more to a petition type action, but more along the lines of something legally binding. Almost like forcing a vote on the matter. I just don't know enough about what kind of laws may be in the books (that the general public does not know) that could be exercised...

OK done ramblin'.
I think they should force the public vote on most issues, but they won't. After all, 'we' elected them to think for us....So they take it upon themselves to legislate morality.

It pisses me off to no end. :burg:<---Hamburger

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Ahh, I was wrong. That retard Shays is from CT. I knew his name was familiar. Either way, I didn't vote for him (different district). He was the biggest assclown of the entire hearings...

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
It's pretty hilarious watching a bunch of buffoons discuss a subject they know absolutely nothing about.

I was watching them question Mitchell yesterday, I think I heard the word "steroid" about 800 times and "youth or children" about 600.