any 1 here personal trainers??

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone I Just got my ACE personal trainer course in the mail.. And I got some questions for anyone who is already a personal trainer..

1.) How long did it take you to get certified?

2.) How many hours a day did you spend studying, and how many days did you spend studying?

3.)Are you making good money and how much do you charge per hour?

Any additional advice would be nice.. thanks

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
I got my ISSA cert before I did much research on what gyms looked for. I just studied once in a while until I got through the book, but I'm a bad reference, I retain stuff I read really well, I've never really had to study.

I'm not sure why anyone hiring trainers even cares about certs, most of them are meaningless.

I've found that training is one of those jobs where you've got two options: either the pay is good and the hours suck, or the hours are decent and the pay sucks.

Try to stay away from commercial gyms. They take most of the money that you bring in for them, and they're always full of politics and backstabbing.

Best bet is working for a small private gym, or working on your own. I don't know about ACE, but ISSA was all set up to help get your small business stuff and insurance.

Good luck!

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
I got my ISSA cert before I did much research on what gyms looked for. I just studied once in a while until I got through the book, but I'm a bad reference, I retain stuff I read really well, I've never really had to study.

I'm not sure why anyone hiring trainers even cares about certs, most of them are meaningless.

I've found that training is one of those jobs where you've got two options: either the pay is good and the hours suck, or the hours are decent and the pay sucks.

Try to stay away from commercial gyms. They take most of the money that you bring in for them, and they're always full of politics and backstabbing.

Best bet is working for a small private gym, or working on your own. I don't know about ACE, but ISSA was all set up to help get your small business stuff and insurance.

Good luck!
thanks dude!