Accutane users, please enter!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
So, i have been looking into it alot. I really think i'd be ready to use it. I have tried alot of other things, OTC and Rx.
So i just wanted to get a general idea of how often sides occur and i already know everyone i have read about on here and other forums said it worked.
I was thinkin of treatin it like a PH, use liver supps with it. Ill have to easy on the heavy lifting. Since i am thinking of using it March, April and May ill have to be careful of the sun.
So, any thing to help or toss out idea? Thanks.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
In most cases if you stay away from liver toxic stuff (alcohol, steroids) then you won't need any sups.

Are you going through a derm for this? How bad is your acne and how long has it been that way?

thescorp75

thescorp75

Awards
Look out skin...the dry one is coming!

I've used Accutane in past to treat cystic acne on my back about 4 years ago...Damn Boldenone!!! The only bad side I got was dry lips. Guess I was lucky! Some had worst sides....

When you read all the bad side effects that you might receive from using this drug, makes you wonder!

I was monitored by my dermatologist and had blood work done every month for precaution.

Getting monthly blood work would make you less blindsided. You will need to keep an eye on your HDL,LDL and triglycerides numbers because they usually go up while on Accutane. Maybe throw some Niacin along with your Liver Support...

Cheers!

thescorp

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
In most cases if you stay away from liver toxic stuff (alcohol, steroids) then you won't need any sups.

Are you going through a derm for this? How bad is your acne and how long has it been that way?
Yes, it will be Rx. I would not go the other way with this stuff.

I have had acne since 6th- 7th grade. It used to be face. As i got older it started on my shoulders, before i even started lifting. 8th-freshman year it was more prominent on my back. Now i would not rate it as extreme but there is def alot of it.
I tried alot like i said fomr changing eating habits to other Rx things. I can keep my face at bay by using Neutrogena cleaner 2x a day and lotion. My shoulders and back i have started to use Oxy pads and some skin cleaner to open pores.
Ive done alot, been pateint and feel this is the next step. My father grew out of his he said when he was a sophmore or so, i didn't.

The main reaosns why i want to use is...
1. It is constantly on my mind.
2. Confidence is lacking due to it, not alot but it doesnt help.
3. It is somewhat of a hinderance for as long as its been to constantly keep going through a 20-30min routine 2 times a day.
I just think that it could overall help me alot.
I have a great derematologist and i have o talk to him about it still but knowing my history he will probably ok.
I dont drink often, only once every 2 motnhs so its no problem skipping that.
I am about to finish up a PH run form Hdrol to Mdrol in about 3 weeks so i am giving myslef ample time to fully recover.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I've used Accutane in past to treat cystic acne on my back about 4 years ago...Damn Boldenone!!! The only bad side I got was dry lips. Guess I was lucky! Some had worst sides....

When you read all the bad side effects that you might receive from using this drug, makes you wonder!

I was monitored by my dermatologist and had blood work done every month for precaution.

Getting monthly blood work would make you less blindsided. You will need to keep an eye on your HDL,LDL and triglycerides numbers because they usually go up while on Accutane. Maybe throw some Niacin along with your Liver Support...

Cheers!

thescorp
Thats the thing. I dont wantt ot use or do anythign that could make it worse right now. I plan alot of things around it and pay way to much attention to it. I think my mood would change greatly if this worked. I wont even sit in front in class casue sometimes its on my neck, like 1 or 2, and i cant get over thinking peopel loo kat it like im a FREAK! haha i know crazy and sad but oh well...

Yea i have looked into it for about 2-3 months now. I have not read any reports of serious sides except depression in a few.
With its effectiveness and chances of side it makes me wonder tons! In my mind since it works so well, i always wondered if it just shut down the gland or something. I mean, this is def. and extremem treatment.
On another note, the FDA ok's it....hahaha i know it smeans nothign i was kidding.
Thansk for some feedback man.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
The reason I asked if it was legit or self use is because you can't choose and pick how and for how long you use it, typical treatment is ~9600mg and length is dependent on bodyweight (e.g. 80kg = 120 days of 80mg). It may be slightly different in the US but that's how it is supposed to work in the UK.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
The reason I asked if it was legit or self use is because you can't choose and pick how and for how long you use it, typical treatment is ~9600mg and length is dependent on bodyweight (e.g. 80kg = 120 days of 80mg). It may be slightly different in the US but that's how it is supposed to work in the UK.
Ahh i gotcha. My Derm will prolly ask me or tell me when i get there.

thescorp75

thescorp75

Awards
Don't worry bud...Accutane works! Works very well! For me, after 2 weeks all my cystic acne was gone on my back! Thats pretty amazing!

I know what you mean for confidence. I had pretty bad acne on my face when I was teen. I will surely help your confidence bro!

Good Luck!

thescorp

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry bud...Accutane works! Works very well! For me, after 2 weeks all my cystic acne was gone on my back! Thats pretty amazing!

I know what you mean for confidence. I had pretty bad acne on my face when I was teen. I will surely help your confidence bro!

Good Luck!

thescorp
I hope so man. Im goin to setup a Derm appointment tomorrow. I got a Florida trip in June/July so i hope by then im all done and looking clear.
Peace.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
How'd the appointment with the derm go twitch?

Fergs103

Awards
I loved accutane, but then I moved and the new Derm here refuses to put me back on it because " So many doctors are moving away from it", of course this was also the same lady who suggested I use "self visualization" and" putting myself on a prayer list" to get rid of wart.

The only sides I got was some cracking in the corners of my mouth, kinda like someone already mentioned, but that was it.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I got my Derm. appointment the 28th. Odd as it sounds, im looking forward too it. I really haope he doesnt deny it. I am goin to hit him with all the knowledge i know about it and say...is there more? cause i have researched it alot. Im even goin to throw out the active ingredient name to him, chems always sound good! haha

Thanks for all the input guys. Ill drop the yes or no when i find out.

Peace.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Twitch I had some pretty bad acne as a teen and took accutane for a short time. It worked absolutely amazing for me in general. I was told i may have a minor breakout from time to time afterwords, but even that hasn't really affected me that much. I had tried many different Derm therapies including Retin-A prior to accutane use, all of which had minimal to no significant effects.

I can remember the only bad side effect that i had was very dry lips and mucous membranes, however other than that nothing remarkably bad to share. I didn't need to be on it that long and the results are still astounding to me to this day. Good luck at your Derm appointment.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Thanks alot T1. Sounds great. I could def. deal with a small breakou tfrom time to time.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I took it when i was 16.

I was all dried up.. you basically have to carry chap-stick at all times, and the corners around your mouth crack and peel, its extremely annoying. Also, dandruff is a problem (my older bro had horrible dandruff on it, mine was minor).

I absolutely hated the stuff.. i had minor acne, but my derm suggested it bc it would take care of it forever..

but its rare that i get acne ever... definitely did the trick

ALSO, i know that depression has not been proven to be a side effect while on Accutane... but it was the only time of my life i was depressed...seriously depressed. and at 16 years old.. it was rough... so just be conscious about that incase something develops..you know how to get proper help.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for lookin out PAL. I heard about the possible negative emotional/mental effects. I plan on keeping an eye on it and alreayd told a close friend to see if i act different, cause soemtimes you dont know if you are or not.

It also brings me to this....
Should i cut the Anabolic Pump use? I use Leviathan 5 days a week, R4W(Ready 4 War) sometimes. I alos have to use my DeiselTest Hardcore for a bit. Im goin to stop SERM use though monday.
I have to stop my multi prolly aslo and any other Vit.A containing things.

I would bring my AP and Leviathan to him to see what he says but i'd bet a good amount of money he wouldnt have a clue.

Peace.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
I had all the bad sides from accutane dry lips, nose, eyes, skin flaked off. But it did get rid of painful cyst i got on my back. If the acne isn't to bad they will probably give a lower dose i had all those sides at 20mg ithink it was or maybe 40mg.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I would ask your doctor how supplements, especially stimulants may affect your liver on Accutane.

While he/she might not be completely familiar with all of the ingredients in the product, it would be naive for me to say that there would be no interaction amongst a liver antagonist (accutane) and caffeine, which is metabolized by the liver.

Personally, I would do whatever it takes to put the least amount of pressure on my liver during this time. Since monthly blood tests are required with Accutane, perhaps try a low dose of supps the second month and see if any values change from the first month.

Definitely a good idea to confide in a friend incase of depression issues while on Accutane.. i didnt realize how depressed I was until I stopped taking it. It wasn't until a few years later that the connection was publicized, it all made sense though. Im an extremely optimistic person, but those 6 months..it was ugly.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would ask your doctor how supplements, especially stimulants may affect your liver on Accutane.

While he/she might not be completely familiar with all of the ingredients in the product, it would be naive for me to say that there would be no interaction amongst a liver antagonist (accutane) and caffeine, which is metabolized by the liver.

Personally, I would do whatever it takes to put the least amount of pressure on my liver during this time. Since monthly blood tests are required with Accutane, perhaps try a low dose of supps the second month and see if any values change from the first month.

Definitely a good idea to confide in a friend incase of depression issues while on Accutane.. i didnt realize how depressed I was until I stopped taking it. It wasn't until a few years later that the connection was publicized, it all made sense though. Im an extremely optimistic person, but those 6 months..it was ugly.
It's interesting to see all the different reactions and side-effects accutane has given people. I honestly think i was pretty lucky and experienced very few sides, however tripdog took it around the same time i did and he had bloodwork issues. If i can recall his triglycerides were astronomical and he had elevated LFT's for a bit.

Everything worked out well in the end though, and to be honest the results accutane provides on acne/cyctic acne is nothing short of amazing imo. I think it's propably worth taking in spite of the side effects in the end, but then again i was fairly lucky in my overall experience.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
ok. I was denied. Not sure why. He came in acessed my acne and said..."well, you do have a severe case. Accutane is an option but it will eliminate all acne and can come witth some very very harsh sides..." me, " I understand, i have been researching it for awhile."

We then spoke more and stuff, had an assistant with him so he went through the motions.

He perscribed me 2 creams, a.m. & p.m. and one pill/oral.
I was not happy but i am not argumentative with Dr.s

So then he gave me shots in some of the acne on my back to "help me along with ridding it" he said. Those werent so bad....until....

1-2 minutes later i was checking out gettin my new appointment. Began to wobble, could not focus, got hot, and that lead to blacking/passing out. Yes.
I woke up with a amonia(i think) packet under my nose from my Dr. I then was told to walk to a backroom. Did so blah blah blah...

So. All in all. Whatever. Im goin to continue my supp. use and in 3 weeks go back so he can see where im at.
Next time he will give me Accutane or i may be more pushy.

Peace.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok. I was denied. Not sure why. He came in acessed my acne and said..."well, you do have a severe case. Accutane is an option but it will eliminate all acne and can come witth some very very harsh sides..." me, " I understand, i have been researching it for awhile."

We then spoke more and stuff, had an assistant with him so he went through the motions.

He perscribed me 2 creams, a.m. & p.m. and one pill/oral.
I was not happy but i am not argumentative with Dr.s

So then he gave me shots in some of the acne on my back to "help me along with ridding it" he said. Those werent so bad....until....

1-2 minutes later i was checking out gettin my new appointment. Began to wobble, could not focus, got hot, and that lead to blacking/passing out. Yes.
I woke up with a amonia(i think) packet under my nose from my Dr. I then was told to walk to a backroom. Did so blah blah blah...

So. All in all. Whatever. Im goin to continue my supp. use and in 3 weeks go back so he can see where im at.
Next time he will give me Accutane or i may be more pushy.

Peace.
What shot did they give you? It's amazing how in the 90's they gave accutane out like candy and now they change their tune....but rightfully so in many ways. I can completely understand their hesitance with the accutane approach, but sometimes the benefits outweigh the risks.

If you can resolve the problem without accutane that is great, but at least if it doesn't work you can say you tried their initial method and it failed. Sometimes you have to be aggressive in your approach, but not in an argumentative/pushy sort of way....trust me when i tell you in medicine that will get you NOWHERE fast.

Try the treatment they gave you and assess the results before your next appt. This way you have a solid argument for a different approach in treatment. Good luck with the treatment twitch. I hope it works bud so you don't have to use accutane approach in the long run!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Thanks T1. I was kind of chill about it since he even admitted i have a "serious" case and agreed accutane would be best. So i think in 3 weeks when the current 2 creams and pill is up he will give it to me, if its there still.

The shot, not a clue. I hate needles so i put my mind in a seperate place. The only thing i remember is it had a 2% on the vial and that it was a fairly short name...sorry.

With the passing out everything after and a little prior to the shots and there after was kind of odd feeling.

There was a big dude in the lobby that apparently caught me on my way down too. he was about 6' and maybe 220lb or so. I thanked him 2 times.

People were starring at me like i was a robber or somethin after i came back through the lobby. haha.

3 weeks. this thread will the back to the top.

Peace.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks T1. I was kind of chill about it since he even admitted i have a "serious" case and agreed accutane would be best. So i think in 3 weeks when the current 2 creams and pill is up he will give it to me, if its there still.

The shot, not a clue. I hate needles so i put my mind in a seperate place. The only thing i remember is it had a 2% on the vial and that it was a fairly short name...sorry.

With the passing out everything after and a little prior to the shots and there after was kind of odd feeling.

There was a big dude in the lobby that apparently caught me on my way down too. he was about 6' and maybe 220lb or so. I thanked him 2 times.

People were starring at me like i was a robber or somethin after i came back through the lobby. haha.

3 weeks. this thread will the back to the top.

Peace.

Well i look forward to seeing the end results bro. Believe me when i say i work in medicine and i can more than understand the run around effect. Stay positive and you'll get what you want in the end. :)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
ok, pushed away again. This time i dint even bring it up.
Showed him my back n everything an dhe said it looks better some...i disagree, i think its the same. He gave me the oral again, Doryx and added ANOTHER cream so now i have 3 creams, 2am, 1 pm.
Ok, 3 weeks back again, I WILL for sure then ask for accutane, if i as the patient, even though Dr.s should know best, ask i do not understand why they choose not to comply.

I know there are legal reason, bloodwork, and all kinds of protocal to follow but he knows my history.

I do not want to take this into my own hands so im goin to just wait it out...then decide down the road what i need to do.

As of now. I will run Mdrol for 3 weeks. then into PCT. I wasnt going to becasue i wanted to see if i got Accutane, but to no avail.

I wanna bulk hard and then cut in may/june for my trip.

Ugh, this all wasnt as easy as i thought it would be...

Peace.

lisekpl

Awards
Let this be my first post then, first off, what's up everyone.
Now back to the topic, I took it last year for 6 months, my acne wasn't caused by aas but by some test boosters, well anyways after finishing the cycle the acne subsided down for a few months, but it slowly came back, not as much and not as intense but nonetheless it came back. Now instead of paying for derm. visits, mo. bloodwork and the accutane which costs a small fortune (this is only if you don't have insurance) I found a great website where I can get 30 pills 20mg for under $110 - shipped. PM me if you want the site info, in most cases the second tane cycle should get rid of it permanently, I am planning on running my first aas cycle after I finish this.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
well thanks for the offer, but if i wanted it i know i could get it at will. I could also ask my Dr. to write me a script, but im guessin its something only strictly derms can sign for.

Either way, im patient.

Things for now are goin smooth. My creams are helping some at least with taking away some of the redness. Its definetly there still but better. I know it'll prolly flare back up though when i come off the Doryx(oral) and the other 3 creams.

lisekpl

Awards
Yeah I hate acne too, but managed to cope with it more easily now, I was paranoid when I finished the cycle last year about the red spots and scars, but 1 year later they are greatly diminished to the point where they really dont bother me anymore. It's just the new breakouts that are pissing me off. Well anyways good luck

Persian

Persian

Awards
I ran 40 mg for round 7 months a few years ago killed all my acne away but my back acne came back as soon as i started using steroids again i dont really mind think ill run Accutane again in a few years ..
i ran the accutane all by myself with out doc supervision
i had crazy ass sides though ...i was going through depression and all but 2 b honest ..i think id b ready for it now since i was young when i took it

i would take 20 mg morning 20 mg evening ....
my skin was so smooth ....it was awesome ...

i tried eveyrthing before that nothing would stop it ..everything would b temp ..but accutane seriously kills the mo****ers out
the best thing for u 2 do is run it after u quit roids if not itll always come back ..1nce u start using roids ...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Thanks but mines not chemically induced and i dont plan on using for a long time if ever.

I think 40mg is a very high dose, i thought the average was 10-20mgs and also, i think that 6+ months is a long time to be on it. Especially without Dr. monitoring it.

The way to treat acne from being on cycle is prolly not the best with accutane, there are lots of other ways.