Someone stole my christmas/birthday presents off my front door step.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's a story to share with you all the infuriates the living sh*t out of me. My mom had sent my wife and i our christmas present and me my birthday presents that apparently had been delivered/left at my front door on 12/24/07 by UPS. Well i find out today that they were in fact delivered at my front door, so apparently some completely heartless scumbag stole 3 boxes(presents) of fairly significant value right off my front doorstep on christmas eve. The part that really pisses me off is that UPS ALWAYS requires a signature when they deliever packages where i live, however for some reason the they left it on my doorstep instead of bringing it to the front office at my apartment complex to sign for it and hold it as they usually do. It absolutely disgusts me to think that someone would do this on christmas eve. Tomorrow i'll have the fun task of duking it out with UPS about this issue. Unreal.......:rant::frustrate:frustrate:frustrate

Lander

Lander

Awards
Wow what a bummer, good luck kicking some ass with ups!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Dude - I hope karma really catches up with those major azzholes.

Best of luck - but I doubt you'll get much of anything out of UPS.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude - I hope karma really catches up with those major azzholes.

Best of luck - but I doubt you'll get much of anything out of UPS.
Yeah man you ain't kidding. Scumbags never cease to amaze me. The good news is that one of the companies that shipped a product is more than willing to replace it, so that is a serious step in the right direction anyway. I'm not expecting to get much out of UPS to be honest. I worked for them for about 2 years and know the protocols for the most part used in situations like these. The sad thing is i used to witness UPS employees stealing packages all the time. Sadly, that's the main reason i left.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have had that happen to me too, although not Christmas gifts. It was computer equipment. Ups claimed that they left the package at my door. Then they sort of half-admitted they left it at the apartment building next to mine. So someone in the apartement building next to mine stold the stuff. I don't trust my neighborhood though...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Better karma get those buttmonkeys than the wrath of T1!(not a terminator reference/pun)
This would really make me pissed too man. I hate the complete neglect some people have becasue their life may or may not suck.

For example, i used to have an older somewhat collectors car in my drive, 1978 Ford LTD(Limited) held sentimental value and was a great car, anywho.
Go outside oneday and whats on it in shaving cream, "this car sucks"...for what reaosn do people do this shyt!

I cant say i feel yo uexactly but i know that if you found out who did it, oh man....i dint see nothin:ntome:

Best of luck to you gettin something from UPS too man.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
people are twisted.. when i was like six i got one of those dope a*s power wheels for christmas... someone must have saw me ridding it that morning cause the next day someone broke into my garage and stole it... Lets just say i still want to punch any kid i see on one of those things...

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel you Trauma. I actually had a nice, neat little package from NP stolen on Christmas Eve (the tracking and usps confirmed it was delievered and left at my apartment). Kind of odd, since they always leave a pick-up slip instead of the ENTIRE package.:frustrate

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel you Trauma. I actually had a nice, neat little package from NP stolen on Christmas Eve (the tracking and usps confirmed it was delievered and left at my apartment). Kind of odd, since they always leave a pick-up slip instead of the ENTIRE package.:frustrate
Yeah man. I called UPS today and they gave me a number to make a claim. I asked about why they left the package at the door and they told me they were all ok'd to deliver at the doorstep of people that weren't home that day. The good news is my mom called where she ordered the package from and they will replace the order for free, so in the end everything worked out pretty good. I really wish i would have caught those little punks in the act because it would have been a traumatic experience for them i assure you. :bruce2:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That sucks T. We live in a world that seems to be losing all honesty and morals.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What you have to do is call the place you ordered. In my case it NewEgg. They call UPS and make the claim, then you have to wait a little bit and they will re-send your order. You know what I found out though this though?. All it takes is an adult signature. It doesn't matter if the signature even matches the person who ordered, as long as its an adult signature they will release the package.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What you have to do is call the place you ordered. In my case it NewEgg. They call UPS and make the claim, then you have to wait a little bit and they will re-send your order. You know what I found out though this though?. All it takes is an adult signature. It doesn't matter if the signature even matches the person who ordered, as long as its an adult signature they will release the package.
Yeah all has turned out well and my order will be resent :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today I got a package and didn't sign for it. The funny thing is after I checked it online it did say that I had signed for it and my last name was mis-spelled. What is up with that I wonder?

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with UPS. I had a $4000 servo driver board for a CNC lathe destroyed by them even though we packed it per UPS protocol, and had a UPS Store owner verify it, and we took pictures of it as well. From Utah to California is all it had to go.

They told us it wasn't packaged properly and that was it. They wouldn't even cover some of the damage....We use USPS now.