Americas Biggest Loser

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i caught the second half of this show last week.

it's another reality tv show where their is an elimination vote at the end of each episode.

i think it's great these people are trying to get their fat asses down from 500 lbs to a slim 300 lbs in a competitive show on national tv.

but....
i couldn't stop thinking about all the fat-ass americans watching this show.....sitting on their couches with their bowl full of ice cream.

thinking of this disgusted me and i had to turn my tv off after the show and get some activity in.

for most people i'm sure the show was probably very insperational, however, i bet it wasn't enough to get thier asses off the couch.

sorry for the rant. just felt like i needed to say something. lol.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought it was funny/sad that they ADDED 2 pounds lost to the winner of one off the challenges...keep that going for "x" weeks and you suddenly have "total weight lost of 50 pounds" when in reality they might have lost 40 pounds + 10 "bonus" pounds.

Disingenuous, IMO.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was funny/sad that they ADDED 2 pounds lost to the winner of one off the challenges...keep that going for "x" weeks and you suddenly have "total weight lost of 50 pounds" when in reality they might have lost 40 pounds + 10 "bonus" pounds.

Disingenuous, IMO.
really? i didn't realize they did that. haha.
that makes the show even more stupid.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Hank you would be pleased to know that when they play the show the biggest loser on tv in my gym, thats my cardio session. We used to get it once a week for 2 hours a show. I got my ass doing low intensity cardio for nearly 2 hrs one on occasion.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife tries to get me to watch this show....it's plain and simple pure torture!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't watch this for more then 3 minutes. Most TV shows suck. If you all want humor read this book called Go Fvck Yourself: The kid from Brooklyn's book of rants and other stuff by Michael Benson and Mike Caracciolo. I swear to god you guys will love this unless your easily ofended and/or extremely liberal.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I must admit, give the sheer volume of sh!t on tv this show is damn near golden! I have watched season 2, 3 so far and my wife and I both were motivated, cried and laughed with the show.

Yes there are some finer, not so good points but overall it's one of the better positive non bs shows out there.

Give credit where credit is due...

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
When my ex-girlfriend was living with me, she used to watch that show. I was never too crazy about it. Sure, every season there's one couple that would make the best success than eveyone else. But the producers should keep the interests high by showing the viewers how the participants look a year after the show. Considering that they probably never exercised in their lives, I'm sure that most of them began gaining weight back in 6 months.

But if you think that's pathetic, bro, you'd love "Celebrity Fit Club". They get 2 groups of celebrities (sometimes has beens) who have gained a ****load of weight and put them on a diet and exercise program. One season, they had the former rapper, the Brat, on the show and I honestly did not notice very much, if any, weight loss. But every season, they always have that one person who is the complete drama queen of the show. Willie Aims, former star of "Eight Is Enough", Gary Busey, and Dustin Diamond ("Screech" from "Saved By The Bell") all had their 15 minutes of drama queen fame on that show.

Dustin Diamond was probably the most pathetic I've ever seen. At the start of the season, he explains how he gained a little weight after "Saved By The Bell" because he was always eating burgers and pizzas from fast food joints. But when it is revealed that he was still sending out for pizza when the cameras were off, he got all dramatic and started cussing the hosts saying, "Nobody tells me what I can and cannot eat." Come on, dumb a$$, why do you think it's called "Celebrity Fit Club"?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Hank you would be pleased to know that when they play the show the biggest loser on tv in my gym, thats my cardio session. We used to get it once a week for 2 hours a show. I got my ass doing low intensity cardio for nearly 2 hrs one on occasion.
glad to hear at least someone is getting their workout in watching this show! :D

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
neo....i'm sure biggest loser is a fine show...i just didn't give it a chance.

i think i need to check out the celeberty fit club. sounds entertaining.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fit Club is pretty funny, especially when Harvey the drill sergent starts getting on their cases.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I seriously thought this was a thread about George Bush.

disappointment becomes me...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I don't understand is why they encourage these people to over-train especially when they are so out of shape?. To me it seems like they just exercise 4-6 hours a day on those shows. I'm not sure though because I can only stand watching those types of shows for around 20 minutes or so, anymore than that is torture.