Ok, so I have been eagerly awaiting to get my hands on an Iphone for about 6 months now. I finnaly got one for christmas (thank you mom and dad!), which I was not expecting because I am too old for gifts, and ripped it open to start playing with it. When I finally got it open I turned it on only to find out that it needs to be activated to play around with. That pissed me off, but blew it off thinking nothing of it.
I took it to my computer, installed itunes and began to activation. Now here is what really pissed me off!:
1) The only way to activate it was to pay an additional fee per month of at minimum $20.00 on top of my already $59.99 plan.
2) Upon activation, it terminates your old text message plan (which for me was unlimited) and replaces it with 200 texts. So I am paying an extra $20 a month to get less texts, Great!
3) After deciding to just do it (I don't know why I did) I quickly found out that the EDGE network is slower than 28k and sucks a big one for speed and quality.
4) Once getting familiar with the Iphone, I decided I want to put some new applications on my Iphone to make it even cooler and help make the downsides I listed a little easier. Again, Iphone sucked ass here as well because guess what???? You can't download anything onto the Iphone except downloads you buy from the iTunes store. What a crock of ****! So I have this $600 cool looking toy that I can't really do anything with.
5) Lastly (at least for now until I find something else), ATT charges you more than what you are paying for just to OWN an iPhone. You have to pay a $40 fee just to have the right to put an iPhone on your account. You heard right, you have to pay more on top of buying the phone itself just to own it and use it. And to make it worse, there is an additional $14 a month charge for some bullshiit iPhone/ATT special phone service carrier charge, a $2.00 a month fee for enabling text messages and internet, and a $1.75 fee a month for the time it takes them to put together your bill each month. None of this was told to me by the guys at ATT.
I for one am taking it back (30 day return policy on phone and service) and getting something else. FU Apple, FU ATT, this monopoly crap and total lack of freedom of ownship is why I will never buy another APPLE product ever again in my life. The iPhone SUCKS!