Great deal on a steamer

tattoopierced1

Amazon.com: Sanyo ECJ-D100S 10-Cup Micro-Computerized Rice Cooker/Steamer, White with Stainless Accent: Kitchen & Dining

Lowest price I've seen for this is $125 on pricegrabber, so this is a heck of a deal. Free shipping too.

Producing restaurant-quality rice at home is practically foolproof with this 10-cup, micro-computerized cooker. Simply fill the inner pot using the special measuring marks, select the food type, press the cook key, and listen for the timer. Multi-menu selections using fuzzy-logic technology control the temperature for efficient cooking of a variety of foods, including white rice, rinse-free rice, mixed rice, sprouted brown rice, sweet rice, quick rice, brown rice, porridge, and soup, as well as slow cooked or steamed foods. Its slow-cook settings are great for cooking delicious soups and stews for up to eight hours.

For added convenience, the cooker offers a "keep warm" function that maintains a serving temperature after cooking is complete, while its reheat function allows cooked rice to be re-heated in about five minutes and served as freshly cooked. An LCD clock and a handy 24-hour preset timer allows for cooking to be completed at a desired time. The cooker's titanium-coated, extra-thick, 2-1/2 mm non-stick inner pot with a round bottom provides even heat distribution and helps prevent rice from sticking, which makes for easy clean-up. Accessories include a steaming tray for vegetables, a measuring cup, and a non-stick spatula, as well as a multi-language instructional manual with recipes in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. The compact rice cooker's contemporary exterior with stainless steel accents is an attractive addition to any kitchen, while the unit's retractable cord saves on counter space. The unit measures 10-3/4 by 11 by 13-1/2 inches.

Product Description
This 10-cup Sanyo rice cooker and warmer is micro-computerized with multi-menu selections that allow you to make various kinds of rice. With it (and its fuzzy-logic controls and temperature settings) you can make white rice, rinse-free rice, mixed rice, sweet rice, sprouted brown rice, quick-cooking rice, brown rice and porridge. Use it, too, for steaming or slow-cooking soups and stews. The Sanyo micom rice cooker and warmer has a Titanium-coated, extra-thick, nonstick inner pot with a rounded bottom for maximum heat distribution. The inner pot also features a water fill line for rinse-free rice and sprouted brown rice. After cooking is complete, a Keep Warm function automatically kicks in to keep your dish warm until you're ready to serve. On the front of the Sanyo micom rice cooker and warmer is a clock and timer. The LCD clock and 24-hour, preset timer let you set it and go. The Cook/Reheat button keeps your rice in a keep-warm mode; it can be reheated in about five minutes and served as if it were freshly cooked. Included with your Sanyo micro-computerized rice cooker and warmer is a steaming tray for vegetables, a measuring cup, nonstick spatula and a multi-language instructional manual with recipes. A retractable cord keeps counters neat and the cord out of the way.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
not related, but my mother in law had given me an electric pressure cooker a while back that you can use as a rice steamer. I've never used it for that (in fact it sat unused in the cabinet for 2 years), but i've started lately on making pot/chuck/round/etc roasts in it. I basically buy a 3-4 lb roast of whatever is on sale at the grocery store, anything in the 2-3 a lb range. cooks in 90 minutes, nice, juicy and tasty depending on what you throw in there with it.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking Cleavland Steamer.....

tattoopierced1

I'd love it if we could put a sub forum under the General section for deals on non supp related deals that we may find useful.