Minimizing Scars

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Exclamation Minimizing Scars

Just had 4 lipomas removed yesterday and 4 more done in about another 2 weeks. Looking for feedback on ways to minimize scarring; Silicone Sheets, vitamin E gel, creams like Mederma, etc.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.74%

Tea tree oil apparently helps reduce scarring or at least the redness of it.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Check out our product Flawless available at nutraplanet. Works wonders for stretch marks and scar treatment.

Flawless Stretch Mark & Scar Cream By: RPN

EDIT: I see it's currently out of stock, but it should be available again shortly. Tough to keep up with the holiday demand

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

•   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

You can also try our java lather soap which is effective in skin care/scar treatment. Together with flawless it's a very effective combo .

Liquid Java Lather Soap (8 oz liquid bottle) By: RPN

Legendary

5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

Can anyone chime in who has used Flawless?
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I am using it (and the soaps) and it is very effective at changing the colour, I'll wait longer before forming an opinion of if it can actually reduce scars.

I am considering s carbon dioxide injections.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

Hard to tell if my scars will be noticeable at this point, but planning ahead. Have you tried any of the creams such as Mederma or the sheet products?
  8. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Can anyone chime in who has used Flawless?
    Flawless is a greatly enhanced formula, based on the wildly successful Java Lather

Here are some pics of the dramatic results seen with JL:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.86%

This is what I have done with a scar that resulted from mole removal.

Massage the scar upon waking and before going to sleep with Vitamin E Oil
    Silicone sheets at night
    Kelo-Kote (silicon gel) during the day

I also make sure to consume plenty of fish oil
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

Did you take a Vitamin E cap and break it in half and rub it on the skin? And you applied this at night before apply the silicone sheet on top of it?

Any particular type of silicone sheets you can recommend?

How long did you follow this routine and what type of results did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by bearmeat View Post
    This is what I have done with a scar that resulted from mole removal.

Massage the scar upon waking and before going to sleep with Vitamin E Oil
    Silicone sheets at night
    Kelo-Kote (silicon gel) during the day

I also make sure to consume plenty of fish oil
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

What is that in the pictures as it doesn't look like a scar or stretch mark, more like a mild abrasion from brushing it up against something? Also, hard to really tell with the lighting difference in the last two pics compare to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Flawless is a greatly enhanced formula, based on the wildly successful Java Lather

Here are some pics of the dramatic results seen with JL:
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

What is that in the pictures as it doesn't look like a scar or stretch mark, more like a mild abrasion from brushing it up against something? Also, hard to really tell with the lighting difference in the last two pics compare to the others.
    Those are indeed stretchmarks as confirmed by one of our testers over at bb.com.
    If you would like to see the rest of the log, there are links up on our forum at recomp.com

I am surprised you don't think they look like stretchmarks? Stretchmarks in that shoulder/arm region particularly are very common in many weightlifters!

Perhaps you overlooked the dates on those pictures, but the bottom three pictures were all taken on the same date, and our tester kindly took it in different types of lighting just to show the difference between the end result and the beginning pics.

I know you are probably skeptical and have a right to be, but it is just a recommended product for you to try in accordance with your original post, and you don't need to follow it at all if you do not wish.
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

Thanks for the clarification; always hard to tell with pictures.

Hopefully will get some feedback from others who have actually been through this on other products including Vitamin E, some of the cream such as Mederma and Scar Zone, Kelo-Kote, etc.

Any idea when NP will start carrying the 4oz of Flawless? It will be priced around $32?

What's the difference between the Java Soap and the liquid version? Is the bar version more natural and more geared to someone who has sensitive skin over the liquid?

Is the Java Soap most effective on stretch marks compared to scars?

Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Those are indeed stretchmarks as confirmed by one of our testers over at bb.com.
    If you would like to see the rest of the log, there are links up on our forum at recomp.com

I am surprised you don't think they look like stretchmarks? Stretchmarks in that shoulder/arm region particularly are very common in many weightlifters!

Perhaps you overlooked the dates on those pictures, but the bottom three pictures were all taken on the same date, and our tester kindly took it in different types of lighting just to show the difference between the end result and the beginning pics.

I know you are probably skeptical and have a right to be, but it is just a recommended product for you to try in accordance with your original post, and you don't need to follow it at all if you do not wish.
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks for the clarification; always hard to tell with pictures.

Hopefully will get some feedback from others who have actually been through this on other products including Vitamin E, some of the cream such as Mederma and Scar Zone, Kelo-Kote, etc.

Any idea when NP will start carrying the 4oz of Flawless? It will be priced around $32?

What's the difference between the Java Soap and the liquid version? Is the bar version more natural and more geared to someone who has sensitive skin over the liquid?

Is the Java Soap most effective on stretch marks compared to scars?
    Not sure when NP will carry the larger version of Flawless, you'll probably need to contact customerservice@nutraplanet.co m to ask or request for it.

Pretty similar, since the main active ingredients are the same. The liquid has a slightly stronger scent and we needed to add some other ingredients in it to make it into a liquid-type form. I guess you could say the bars are more "natural." I have pretty sensitive skin myself and haven't had a problem using either. Just a matter of preference, since a lot of people like to take the convenient liquid bottle with them to the gym or when travelling.

Scars and stretchmarks are in some respects similar in manner, so both have been targeted as being treated. We've had success in particular with the reduction in appearance of keloid-type scars. Take my opinion for what it's worth, but I had this scar on my leg for some a few years now and finally it has faded almost to the rest of the skin. It has taken the use of a few bars though. But you should start seeing a reduction after the first couple of bars.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Not sure when NP will carry the larger version of Flawless, you'll probably need to contact customerservice@nutraplanet.co m to ask or request for it.

Pretty similar, since the main active ingredients are the same. The liquid has a slightly stronger scent and we needed to add some other ingredients in it to make it into a liquid-type form. I guess you could say the bars are more "natural." I have pretty sensitive skin myself and haven't had a problem using either. Just a matter of preference, since a lot of people like to take the convenient liquid bottle with them to the gym or when travelling.

Scars and stretchmarks are in some respects similar in manner, so both have been targeted as being treated. We've had success in particular with the reduction in appearance of keloid-type scars. Take my opinion for what it's worth, but I had this scar on my leg for some a few years now and finally it has faded almost to the rest of the skin. It has taken the use of a few bars though. But you should start seeing a reduction after the first couple of bars.
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

Looking for other feedback from those that have been through this before; Silicone Sheets, vitamin E gel, creams, etc.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Minimize Scarring
    By bearmeat in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 10:12 PM
  2. Minimal use of 4-Diol
    By Delaware Dave in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 07:54 PM
  3. Cutting with minimal LBM loss
    By pharaohf4 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 16