Special BOY

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is this new "Special" person in our apartment building. What I mean by special is "not all there", "crazy", "f'ed in the head". He is a nice guy, but has problems. He constantly says "hey buddie" to everyone outside the building. Going and coming home he is outside, saying "Hey budie". Now he started asking me and the wife for money. "Got any change?". Also he is trying to sell us VHS tapes. He rings our doorbell now and is always trying to get inside. My wife answered the door and told him he couldn't come up. He doesn't understand though and is just really agressive and constantly badgers and he just ended up following her up the stairs. I brought him for coffee one time, up the street(this was earlier in the day). So now when he is over he is bothering me for 20 minutes telling me he will give me VHS tapes if I bring him to get another coffee. Finally got him to leave but this guy is crazy and I know he will be knocking on my door today. If I piss him off I don't know what he would do. He already admitted to being in and out of Metal Health facilitys(loony bins). He had some scars on his fist and when asked he told us he got mad when he was locked up in the facility and put his fist through the wall!!!!...I'm sure I could defend myself against this guy, but really don't want to end up in court over something like this, especially when the guy lives in my building.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
There is this new "Special" person in our apartment building. What I mean by special is "not all there", "crazy", "f'ed in the head". He is a nice guy, but has problems. He constantly says "hey buddie" to everyone outside the building. Going and coming home he is outside, saying "Hey budie". Now he started asking me and the wife for money. "Got any change?". Also he is trying to sell us VHS tapes. He rings our doorbell now and is always trying to get inside. My wife answered the door and told him he couldn't come up. He doesn't understand though and is just really agressive and constantly badgers and he just ended up following her up the stairs. I brought him for coffee one time, up the street(this was earlier in the day). So now when he is over he is bothering me for 20 minutes telling me he will give me VHS tapes if I bring him to get another coffee. Finally got him to leave but this guy is crazy and I know he will be knocking on my door today. If I piss him off I don't know what he would do. He already admitted to being in and out of Metal Health facilitys(loony bins). He had some scars on his fist and when asked he told us he got mad when he was locked up in the facility and put his fist through the wall!!!!...I'm sure I could defend myself against this guy, but really don't want to end up in court over something like this, especially when the guy lives in my building.

Just keep giving him coffee. There is no such thing as reason with the mentally unstable.

tattoopierced1

1. invest in a handgun
2. call the police to file a report..

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You'll likely have to make it known, firmly but gently, that he is not to bother you or your wife with panhandling and under no circumstances follow her or show up unannounced. If he can't abide by that, then at least he'll know the reason why the cops are dragging him off or serving him with a restraining order.

You..or the cops might want to find out if he has a case worker or anyone else watching out for him. Sadly, many mentally ill folks are just turned out into society with next to no follow up. We worry more about homeless pets than we do our own kind.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll likely have to make it known, firmly but gently, that he is not to bother you or your wife with panhandling and under no circumstances follow her or show up unannounced. If he can't abide by that, then at least he'll know the reason why the cops are dragging him off or serving him with a restraining order.

You..or the cops might want to find out if he has a case worker or anyone else watching out for him. Sadly, many mentally ill folks are just turned out into society with next to no follow up. We worry more about homeless pets than we do our own kind.

I have seen a guy show up and take him out shoping once in a while. I will have to say something to him next time he bothers us. The thing is I don't know how he is gonna react.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I can understand your trepidation. Had a young lady stalking people at my wife's work. Took a restraining order to get her to back off a little but she's still around. The system isn't really set up to deal with it so it puts an undue burden on us.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I have seen a guy show up and take him out shoping once in a while. I will have to say something to him next time he bothers us. The thing is I don't know how he is gonna react.
Just give him his coffee and dont make any riffs. It only takes a split second for him to snap and end up hurting you. Usually 911 calls takes a few minutes to respond to.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I'd personally contact the police department. Maybethey can find out if he has a case-worker or "watcher" and contact that person for you and at the very least they are aware that there is a situation which will help you later on if you have to file for a restraining order.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Being in the field myself, try and get to the guy who takes him out, have a talk with him, usually people like this have guidelines, behavior plans, something that have to be followed, or have to be reported to a therapist......Def say something.....depends on how you approach it with him.........I say talk to the guy who takes him out first............

Good luck

TC