Bionic's Chantix Review

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Let me start off by saying that I’m 38 years old and have been a heavy smoker (1-1.5 packs per day) for 20 years. I’ve tried quitting cold-turkey and with the aid of the patch quite a few times to no avail. Well, I read about Chantix about a year or more ago and finally got around to ordering it (W/O a scrip) and giving it a shot. Now, I was determined to quit anyway so if it worked, GREAT! If it didn’t, I was going to quit, regardless.
When the package arrived, I read all of the instructions and took my first dose. You are supposed to pick a date, a week in the future from when you start the drug, and stop smoking altogether, while smoking normally up until that time. The first thing I noticed was the INTENSELY realistic dreams I started having. Not every night but a few. Other than that, the only thing that I noticed once I quit smoking altogether was that while I still had the urge, it was nowhere near as intense as quitting unassisted. I was able to just not smoke, even though I’m constantly around smokers and I still have the urge to. It’s like it made the cravings weak enough that I was able to exercise my will power. I didn’t experience the crankiness, jitters or headaches that usually accompany quitting.
Now it is recommended to take the drug for 12 weeks, however, I just bought a month’s worth and only used 3 weeks worth. I’m saving the last month’s worth in case the cravings come back or get worse. Plus I really couldn’t afford the whole cycle and I’m the type that only likes to use the minimum amount needed as opposed to doing it until it’s done. At any rate, it has worked like a charm and I’m so happy to be a non-smoker!!!
Honestly, this is the hardest thing I’ve ever done and now that it’s behind ne, I feel like there’s nothing that I can’t do. You don’t realize how f’ed up smoking is until you try to quit and can’t. You really feel like a spineless a-hole.
In conclusion, Chantix is amazing and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone that wants to quit. It’s, comparatively, easy to do and the side-effects were mild to none. It’s been about 2 weeks that I’ve not smoked or taken the drug and while the craving is still there, I can feel it getting lesser and lesser. If you were considering quitting, don’t hesitate one second longer!

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Where do I pick it up? I just put 'em down, but its absolutely killing me! Irritability, is through the roof.:smite:

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Against the rules to say but google is your friend. This is where I looked for it.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Some of us don't have the benefit of health insurance and honestly, I don't feel even a bit concerned about having used this w/o a Dr.'s supervision.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BabyHulk Supplements 16
Bionic 35 and Older 2
Bionic Nutrition / Health 3