- 12-18-2007, 04:03 PM
For people who do both cardio and squats, how do your knees hold up ? I like doing cardio 3-4 times a week, but because of this I can only train legs once a week hard. If I try doing it more than once it starts to get to my knees. Of course though I've prematurely wore down my knees playing soccer for 11yrs.
Just curious if anyone runs into this problem.
- 12-18-2007, 07:03 PM
I do 10 minutes of cardio to warm up and thats it. When it comes to dieting down, I do 20 minutes per day 4-5 days per week and thats it.
I will also only do elliptical machines. They seem to give me 0 impact, and allow me to not only warm up the muscles but not beat my knees, hips and ankles to death.
Soccer is awesome.
- 12-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Yes, i only do elliptical for the reason i have a weak knee(chondromalacia) in my right. I DO do legs on big cardio days but my cardio days only consist of 10 PreWO and 25+after. I can never just do carido i always have to lift. Thats why my cutting goes so slow.
12-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Stay off high impact cardio equipment like the treadmill. Stick to elliptical, stair mill, stair stepper, and bikes.
Similar Forum Threads
- By gettin'old in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 12Last Post: 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
- By illgixxer in forum Female FitnessReplies: 19Last Post: 12-02-2009, 03:27 PM
- By handzilla in forum Training ForumReplies: 45Last Post: 04-14-2005, 10:37 PM
- By kwyckemynd00 in forum General ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 01-21-2005, 03:01 AM
- By supersoldier in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 42Last Post: 06-22-2004, 02:04 AM