What do you wear to the gym and why?

What's your normal gym attire?

• Total voters
supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Do you like to see your muscles pumped while you're working out? If so (or if not), do you think that makes you conceited or full of yourself? Do you think that wearing gym clothes (ie. sleeveless or wife beater, etc) draws attention to you? Do you like attention, or try to stay inconspicuous at the gym?

Are you a fag like Chad and do you gel your hair and wear cologne to the gym? :bruce3: :nutkick:

I'd like to get some feedback from guys and girls, as well as observations of others at your gyms and what they wear. I'll post my usual attire and opinions after a few responses...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
basic shorts/t-shirt (semi loose).

I see people at my gym quite frequently wearing much more elaborate attire (primarly females).

It is more of a fitness social hangout vs. a gym since all the girls wear makeup and barely clothed, and the guys wear shirts clearly too tight for themselves, gel their hair, and only work out the necessary muscles (i.e. biceps/chest/abs only)

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I wear what will show what I'm working. I don't wear a tank top to show off my chest, I do it so I can see how I'm working it, ensuring that I'm flexing the same on each side, how the muscles have developed, what might need to be changed etc.

I don't wear a thong on leg days though. I still wear shorts. I just go in the changing room when no one is there, pull the legs up on my shorts and check them out that way.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
In addendum I was cursing under my breath to these wanna be's that showered in cologne before they came to the gym to work chest/biceps/chest last night. Not every one needs to smell the Old Spice...but then again I'm sure I smell like sweaty balls. But I hear the chicks dig that primordial smell anyway.

dirtydeweyjr

Awards
shorts/old t-shirt

to me working out is savage and vicious. i dont need to dress up for it

even if i bought designer work out clothes, my red face, heavy breathing and over all expression of fury and death scare away females

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
shorts/pants sleeveless shirt for upper body. When I work legs usually a sweat shirt and shorts.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Today I was sportin the 8 hour bird nest. Actually had a jag-off that worked there comment on it. "Yeah dude, bringing the afro back." Thanks guy, I don't want to shower just to end up showing again in 2 hours. As for attire, t-shirt and shorts. I'm not in the gym to meet women or show off.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually just wear a shirt (maybe one of my like 10 nutraplanet shirts, lol)

Sometimes i wear a wife beater under it and if i get too hot/wanna put on a gun show i take my shirt off and use it as a towel

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Fairly loose t-shirt, and shorts/pants depending on what I happen to toss in the bag. I'm there to improve myself, not to show everyone else how much I need to improve :fool2:

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
Soccer shorts above the knee and a long sleeve dri-fit athletic shirts. I find it to be the most functional setup to move heavy weights.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
Those dri-fit athletic shirts kick ass. I wear a sleevless one and shorts. By no means am I a big guy but i like to obsess over every detail im sure like everyone else and like to see my progress, its very motivating.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I like to squat naked.

T-shirt & sweatpants. Tank top & shorts if running for extended periods.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i wear what ever i feel like. why ? ? cause im zombie and i can do what ever i want

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
shorts/old t-shirt

to me working out is savage and vicious. i dont need to dress up for it

even if i bought designer work out clothes, my red face, heavy breathing and over all expression of fury and death scare away females
haha thats about the same way I feel about it. But I do think it would be nice to have some nicer gym clothes.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I usually wear nice clothes so I look pretty while I kick ass

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
tshirt and shorts...i train at home anyway.

i used to wear tank tops when i first got big...but i changed that after a short period of time.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
I use a layered approach to my workout attire. I do this out of practicality and also to minimize the judgments of conceit from others.

The torso is first covered in some type of tank top. On top of that I apply an old and torn up t-shirt of one of my favorite bands from high school. And over that, some kind of sweatshirt. For warming up, I have all the layers, after which I peal the sweatshirt. After that, I only go down to sleeveless if I'm sweating up a storm.

For the legs I get a comfortable pair of shorts and put a pair of of sweats over them if it's cold outside.

My footwear is either a pair of boots or gym shoes. The boots are chosen if I prefer to have better stability that workout, if I'll be lifting heavier that day, or if it's just snowy or wet outside because I have to walk to the gym and back.

I'm not sure why I took the time to explain this, but I hope you enjoyed this comprehensive explanation of my workout clothing.

Oh yeah, and I always wear my fizogen strap for "extreme and INSTANTANEOUS effect on endurance, strength and mental focus is unlike anything ever to hit the market before!"
GET STRAPPED!

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
For a shirt I just keep whatever I had on at work. Because of rules at my gym I put on some track pants. And for shoes I wear a pair of Convers (Chucks).

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
i wear wife beats or tank tops... not tryin to look good for anybody i just like seeing my progress and what not

I get into the zone anyways when i lift and don't even notice other pple in the gym

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shorts and a shirt for me. Most of my training shirts have the sleeves torn off form BJJ though.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Shorts, no shirt and barefoot.

But I train at home, so who cares <except maybe my neighbors>.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
my favourite olive stretch turtleneck and some bike shorts. :) adidas shoes

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Designer Gym Clothes, Hair Product, Cologne/Perfume, Makeup, etc.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Cowboy hat and a "kiss the chef" apron! Chicks dig it ;)

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you a fag like Chad and do you gel your hair and wear cologne to the gym? :bruce3: :nutkick:
dont hate me cause im pretty. i look nice at the gym cause it adds to the lifestyle. if you walk around on your cell phone and do a few reps a hour then you should kill yourself. but im a fcuking beast in the gym. me looking pretty while deadlifting is fine in my book.
:FUfinger::lol::FUfinger::FUfinger::FUfinger::FUfinger:

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use a layered approach to my workout attire. I do this out of practicality and also to minimize the judgments of conceit from others.

The torso is first covered in some type of tank top. On top of that I apply an old and torn up t-shirt of one of my favorite bands from high school. And over that, some kind of sweatshirt. For warming up, I have all the layers, after which I peal the sweatshirt. After that, I only go down to sleeveless if I'm sweating up a storm.

For the legs I get a comfortable pair of shorts and put a pair of of sweats over them if it's cold outside.

My footwear is either a pair of boots or gym shoes. The boots are chosen if I prefer to have better stability that workout, if I'll be lifting heavier that day, or if it's just snowy or wet outside because I have to walk to the gym and back.

I'm not sure why I took the time to explain this, but I hope you enjoyed this comprehensive explanation of my workout clothing.

Oh yeah, and I always wear my fizogen strap for "extreme and INSTANTANEOUS effect on endurance, strength and mental focus is unlike anything ever to hit the market before!"
GET STRAPPED!
A dude in my gym wears the EXACT same thing.

You are not from Ohio are you? haha

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
A dude in my gym wears the EXACT same thing.

You are not from Ohio are you? haha
No, sir.
Does the dude in your gym match everything exactly down to the Fizogen Strap?
That part was actually a big fat lie, I can't afford to harness the power of a quantum polarized sports pendant.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Shorts, no shirt and barefoot.

But I train at home, so who cares <except maybe my neighbors>.
LOL. that is me to when I train alone and not filming my lifts. The neighbors probably think i'm crazy when they see me in shorts and tshirt in the rain pulling my sled up the street.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No, sir.
Does the dude in your gym match everything exactly down to the Fizogen Strap?
That part was actually a big fat lie, I can't afford to harness the power of a quantum polarized sports pendant.
Maybe not the strap, but everything else you sadi was dead on. The boots, everything.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
It's not about "showing off" or "seeing the muscle I'm working", it's about being comfortable. I wear a tank top and shorts. I can't bring myself to wear pants of any kind or shirts with sleeves. I get hot really easily and I sweat like a whore in church. I really do think I sweat much more than the average person.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I wear those "dri-fit" type of shirts with no sleeves. They're usually just sleeveless tops, but sometimes I have a "wifebeater" version.
I like to watch myself when I'm working out - it's more motivating to see the muscle contracting.

I usually wear track pants now - again with moisture wicking material. I used to wear shorts. In super hot weather, I wear shorts.

I dunno. Some people may think I'm trying to show off or something - but until they start paying my membership for me, I'm going to wear what I feel most comfortable in. Besides, I sometimes sweat like crazy when doing cardio - so the less clothing the better...

sickboy

sickboy

Awards
I never train in pants, always wear shorts and I almost always wear a sleeveless shirt to train. I like to see the muscles when I'm training. I don't understand how guys train in flannel shirts and sweatpants. They just sweat like crazy and it has to be uncomfortable.
Here in Vegas at my Golds we have this weird cult of guys who only wear long sleeve white t-shirts, even in the summer. They have to be white and worn only with black sweats. I see at least 15-20 guys everyday sporting that look.

crackhead

Awards
I like to wear my wife's sports bra with lose fitted short-shorts. No underwear of course.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Spaghetti strap tank top with a turquoise thong.This really helps to free up the equiptment quickly! :D

bluecollar

bluecollar

Awards
xxl sweat pants, black hoodie, hood up and a muddy pair of nike cortez

bluecollar

bluecollar

Awards
yeah, but the sunglasses always fog up and start dripping

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
I use some board shorts(surf shorts) or basketball shorts lycra shirt under a reg t-shirt

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
haha hoodie and sweatpants.. its helps me get that mind-muscle connection where i can just shut my eyes and try to feel the tension on the muscle..

plus with my hood up everybody must think im mean/weird cause nobody ever bothers me with anything :D and i can confidentially laugh at all the dumbs that are in my gym

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I wear this so that all the guys are so repulsed by me I can focus on working out instead of everyone, male or female, drooling over my super hero physique.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
old shirts and any shorts that i can wear that dont look like jeans (gym wont let jeans in). Sometimes where a hat. Occasional wife beater but i dont like to do that cuz im a humble guy in the gym and i dont want people thinking im showing off although it is more comfortable that way.