Iron Man 05.02.08

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
There will be a comic book based movie in 2008 for the character 'Iron Man' aka Tony Starks. For those of you who grew up watching cartoons and playing the video games (I was one of them) this should be an exciting movie that comes out next year.....except for one problem.

Iron Man (Tony Starks) is being played by Robert Downey Jr. !?

This reminds me of Timothy Olyphant ruining the movie 'Hitman'.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I cant wait the trailer looks badass, great soundtrack too hopefully RDJ does the character proud, at least they got the addictive side of his personality down with the right actor

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cant wait the trailer looks badass, great soundtrack too hopefully RDJ does the character proud, at least they got the addictive side of his personality down with the right actor
I think Robert Downey Junior was a solid choice for Iron Man aka Toney Stark. The dude is one he!! of an actor and unlike a lot of comic movie casting calls actually favors Stark in more then one way. Looking forward to this one.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'd really like to see Terry Crews play War Machine.

I think that Delroy Lindo (guy who is in all the Jet Li movies) could also play War Machine.

For Iron Man I don't really know, but it seems weird thinking of Robert Downey Jr. as being Tony Starks.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is a good one for next year but i know there are other movies better to look out for...

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
#1 movie to look out for in 2008:

The Poughkeepsie Tapes.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Iron Man (Tony Starks) is being played by Robert Downey Jr. !?

This reminds me of Timothy Olyphant ruining the movie 'Hitman'.
Only this guy is perfect for the role and not a complete mis-cast like Mr Timothy. I think Mr. Downey is kick @$$ in this role. I am really looking forward to this movie.

Amor Est Vitae Essentia,

Neoborn

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
#1 in 2008: Cloverfield

...that is unless when they make the final reveal it is something completely childish and geared towards selling action figures and McDonalds toys

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
I am looking foward to this movie....It will serve as a good warmup for The dark knight, which will be completely awesome.

R

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am looking foward to this movie....It will serve as a good warmup for The dark knight, which will be completely awesome.
I have to agree, I just saw the preview for The Dark Night and it looks absolutley awesome.Christopher Nolan always does things right.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
RDJ is awesome. Watch the move "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" (its not a romance) it's hilarious! He's perfect for Iron Man, just enough smart-@ss AND he can act.

On a side note, I want a MegaMan movie in the future. A rocket launcher arm - HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!?!?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RDJ is awesome. Watch the move "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" (its not a romance) it's hilarious! He's perfect for Iron Man, just enough smart-@ss AND he can act.

On a side note, I want a MegaMan movie in the future. A rocket launcher arm - HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!?!?
I didn't like RDJ until that movie. It was freaking hilarious and he should be a really good Tony Starks.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I didn't like RDJ until that movie. It was freaking hilarious and he should be a really good Tony Starks.
Kilmer's character was funny, but every other line from RDJ was ridiculously hilarious. I picked it up at a used book/dvd store for like $5 on a whim - so glad I did! :D

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
#1 in 2008: Cloverfield

...that is unless when they make the final reveal it is something completely childish and geared towards selling action figures and McDonalds toys
Im totally with you on this. Not too many people have seen the previews or know anything about it. Its hard to tell how good it really will be because they are keeping it so secret, which kinda adds to its prestige.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

theres a movie that was released in Japan several years ago that is pretty damn close to Mega Man, I hate computerized effects but I got to admit the movie is pretty stunning, looks like a live action Anime (subsequently it is based on an anime), if youre interested its called Casshern. The only thing that Japan can possibly make that will be better than it would be a live action Akira

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
most anime's would be pretty hard to pull off without having mucho special fx and cgi.