So If They Truely Believe, Why Don't They Believe Me When I Say I am An Angel?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you guys think, I mean if they truely believe, shouldn't they believe me if I tell them I am an angel sent down to look over them and get my wings?????

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I do truly believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior and I do believe that there are angels.Though I do not believe in an angel earning their wings or that anyone can claim to be one that resides on this earth.

Firstly an angel is defined as a spiritual being / so supplements and working out would not be a part of their daily regimen.

Secondly there is no earning of wings.There are Gods angels and fallen angels and there is no redemption for those who willfully rebelled against God.Also;If you're a spirit then wings are also nonessential to your duties as 1) a messenger of God or 2) a messenger for satan.

Thirdly why would you ask such a question?

Are you stirring the pot or do you think you really are one? If the answer is the latter then just try to run through a cinder block wall and I believe you will find the answer is quite apparent. :D

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I'm an angel too. At least what she told me last night. :)

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
my mom calls me her little angel - does that count??

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
it's an interesting question, it's similar to something I used to read about

Have you ever heard of John Titor?
In 2000 or 2001, someone by that name started posting on public forums claiming to be a time traveler from the year 2036. I'm sure you can find this stuff easily if you search for it. He posted information about his time machine, the physics of how time travel works, and he predicted how events would unfold around those years based on what happened in the timeline that he was from. Also, he answered any and all questions people asked and did so in an intelligent fashion. 4 months after he first announced his presence he claimed that he was returning to his timeline and never posted anything again.

All kinds of topics get covered. Philosophy, physics, computing, ethics, morals, religion, belief, honesty, trust, war, and other random stuff. There's an enjoyable and clever sense of humor in a lot of the discussion, too. Regardless of whether the time traveling claim was true, I recommend reading through it sometime because it's fascinating.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think, I mean if they truely believe, shouldn't they believe me if I tell them I am an angel sent down to look over them and get my wings?????
My answer to the question is:

No they shouldn't believe you because it's dangerous to transfer belief in something intangible to a physical manifestation without proof.

Even with proof, a physical manifestation can still cause harm in the absence of skepticism.

Do you think there can be skepticism and belief at the same time? Why should they have to be mutually exclusive?

Watch what happens when people believe in faith healing.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
edit: nm i will take this one to pm.......

Last edited:
poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have no clue where this originated in your mind or why you brought this up but in response myth, no I do not believe your an angel nor do I believe that anyone should believe you for the sake of belief or in other words just cause you say so.

If that were the case then any and all who cared to could claim as such and subject anyone of "belief" to thier will wich is contridictory to the whole reason we are here wich is to have freedom of choice to be tested by good and evil and to prove ourselves to our Lord, and where we fall short in Acts our Faith and the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ will be the deciding factor as to our final resting place in the Heavens.

There was once another who tried to set forth a plan of forced Will and not the freedom of choice that our Lord set forth, the result was a war in heaven and the banishment of that being to this earth never to have a body of flesh and blood and in the end to serve out his entire existance in darkness, anguish and agony along with his angels and those who rebuke the gift wich their Lord and Heavenly Father offered them and chose to follow the influence of another..... I think you know who I speak of.....

So again I ask why would you pose such a question?

Last edited:
RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I do beleive that certain people are here to serve a divine purpose on behalf of God ... but that doesnt make them an angelic being.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I must admit upon first reading this question my thoughts were "how much hallucinogenic substance do I have to take to get here" and then decided that someone must have A) hacked your account and was posting as you B) you have just finished synthesizing / refining your DMT and have just finished your first experience.

All cajoling aside, what's going on man? I would like some more background as to how this question arose, why you think / believe your an angel and if so why would you be proclaiming this out in public?

Amor Est Vitae Essentia,

Neoborn

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
to put in my real 2 cents besides the comedy relief, no they shouldn't.

"Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help."

An angel sent to earth wouldn't say that he was sent down to look over people, he would just silently watch over. Therefore someone who would say that wouldn't be an angel, and therefore shouldn't be believed :)

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
An angel sent to earth wouldn't say that he was sent down to look over people, he would just silently watch over. Therefore someone who would say that wouldn't be an angel, and therefore shouldn't be believed :)
I agree with your stance, but not with your logic. You can't make assumptions about an angel would do if they had a physical manifestation, unless it specifically said in the religious texts somewhere than an angel never reveals themselves. Your quote seems to be about humanity. I'm not familiar enough with these things, maybe someone could comment on that.

Take an extreme assumption like: the flying spaghetti monster is coated in alfredo sauce, not marinara sauce. Therefore if you see some spaghetti flying in the air, eating people, but it's covered in marinara sauce, it is not the flying spaghetti monster.

Obviously that's wrong because of false assumptions. But it's kind of ridiculous to make assumptions about this kind of thing in the first place.

So I guess to summarize what I was trying to point out in my last post: This doesn't have to be a black and white question.

In the case of someone claiming fantastical things:
1) It's a poor choice to blindly believe.
2) It's unwise to ignorantly dismiss.

The best answer is to skeptically investigate the claims and seek proof. That certainly does not go against religious practices, does it?

The next question would be: what is proof of an angel, time traveler, or flying spaghetti monster? That's the interesting part. We're advanced enough to devise scientific experiments that would easily disprove the claim, but most successful ones would only be able to strengthen the claim, not prove it entirely.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
to put in my real 2 cents besides the comedy relief, no they shouldn't.

"Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help."

How do you know this Easy ? Is there some rule book, that I must have missed, saying what they do and do not do in a definitive manner ?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it's an interesting question, it's similar to something I used to read about

Have you ever heard of John Titor?
In 2000 or 2001, someone by that name started posting on public forums claiming to be a time traveler from the year 2036. I'm sure you can find this stuff easily if you search for it. He posted information about his time machine, the physics of how time travel works, and he predicted how events would unfold around those years based on what happened in the timeline that he was from. Also, he answered any and all questions people asked and did so in an intelligent fashion. 4 months after he first announced his presence he claimed that he was returning to his timeline and never posted anything again.

All kinds of topics get covered. Philosophy, physics, computing, ethics, morals, religion, belief, honesty, trust, war, and other random stuff. There's an enjoyable and clever sense of humor in a lot of the discussion, too. Regardless of whether the time traveling claim was true, I recommend reading through it sometime because it's fascinating.
Absolutely...and it is creepy.

As a matter of fact Titor, along with countless other "prophets" including the Mayans, place the end of this "age" at around 2012.

Titor, in particular, noted how tensions began to rise rapidly in 2008, resulting in another U.S. Civil war around 2012, which lead to rapid decentralization and a semi-return to small interdependent communities. He also URGED people to buy a bike and get to the point where you can easily ride 10-15 miles a week.

There are some very interesting things to ponder in that story..especially with the rise in terrorism and the prospect of Hillary in the White House.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you know this Easy ? Is there some rule book, that I must have missed, saying what they do and do not do in a definitive manner ?
its far simpler, its a shroedingers cat scenario, the act of observing changes the actions of the observed kind of thing. an angel is no longer looking after you if you know he is, then he becomes your slave as you can do stupid things knowing you are being guarded.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
its far simpler, its a shroedingers cat scenario, the act of observing changes the actions of the observed kind of thing. an angel is no longer looking after you if you know he is, then he becomes your slave as you can do stupid things knowing you are being guarded.
He is only a slave if he decides to intervene. Observance is different.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established

As a matter of fact Titor, along with countless other "prophets" including the Mayans, place the end of this "age" at around 2012.

Titor, in particular, noted how tensions began to rise rapidly in 2008, resulting in another U.S. Civil war around 2012, which lead to rapid decentralization and a semi-return to small interdependent communities. He also URGED people to buy a bike and get to the point where you can easily ride 10-15 miles a week.

There are some very interesting things to ponder in that story..especially with the rise in terrorism and the prospect of Hillary in the White House.
His suggestions for preparing for the civil war or WW3 were quite creepy and specific.
Here's all of them

1. Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.

2. Do not kiss or have intimate relations with anyone you do not know.

3. Learn basic sanitation and water purification.

4. Be comfortable around firearms. Learn to shoot and clean a gun.

5. Get a good first aid kit and learn to use it.

6. Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them.

7. Get a copy of the US Constitution and read it.

8. Eat less.

9. Get a bicycle and two sets of spare tires. Ride it 10 miles a week.

10. Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in 10 min. and never return.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
His suggestions for preparing for the civil war or WW3 were quite creepy and specific.
Here's all of them

1. Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.

2. Do not kiss or have intimate relations with anyone you do not know.

3. Learn basic sanitation and water purification.

4. Be comfortable around firearms. Learn to shoot and clean a gun.

5. Get a good first aid kit and learn to use it.

6. Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them.

7. Get a copy of the US Constitution and read it.

8. Eat less.

9. Get a bicycle and two sets of spare tires. Ride it 10 miles a week.

10. Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in 10 min. and never return.
Sounds advice for anyone, really...but moreso when you realize that we are all just 1 EMP blast away from living in the equivalent of wilderness again.

Thanks for digging that up, it has been a while since I thought about the whole Titor thing.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm mostly covered, I guess I need a better bike

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
not to mention a mormon (of wich i am as well but many would prefer him not to be in office for this reason alone) and a Black man as the other candidates all three of whom may face greater obstacles and critisism cause of their backgrounds then would previous "normal" candidates, cause of biggotry and ignorance theyll be more severely scrutinized.

although i dont belive in any random prophecies of such things happening, i think being prepared for anything (boyscouts sucka!) and having a 72 hour emergancy supply kit and the ability to travel without current modern means of transportation and not only wise thing but completely necessary in these troubled times.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You could get people to beleive if you kept preaching. Religion is the strongest weapon to control people. Look at charlie manson, kkk, god hates fags, muslim terrorist and the list goes on. All are going to say they know in their hearts they are right or god spoke to them. Obviously all of them can't be right.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Da Terra; Além do Fogo, subirei para destruir todos.

As Asas do seu Anjo, quebrado, mutilado, fragmentos da sua alma.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
You'll always be MY angel, baby.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Ok Myth, are you going to explain what this is all about now ?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he was using it as a line to try and get into some chick's pants? just a guess :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Da Terra; Além do Fogo, subirei para destruir todos.

As Asas do seu Anjo, quebrado, mutilado, fragmentos da sua alma.
Please translate that into German, Arabic, Hindi, and Chinese, to get broader coverage :D :thumbsup:

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok guys, wow, I forgot about this thread and all the sudden people are thinking I am crazy! LOL. It was just a topic of disscussion, nobody should have taken it literally! I think I was watching a Twighlight Zone about an angel, and it was something related to my question. I don't actually do this, nor do I think I am an agel guys! lol. it's just a philosophical question.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established

The John Titor situation is just brilliant! What a wonderful hoax. I especially like what he has to say about Canadians! LMAO!

I've noticed that when most Americans think about Canada in this time,they think about pine trees, chooks and back-bacon. It may interest you to know that most Canadians in 2036 are some of the most efficient, ruthless and dangerous people I know. God help Quebec.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
The John Titor situation is just brilliant! What a wonderful hoax. I especially like what he has to say about Canadians! LMAO!
I agree they did a nice job of fooling people ... just goes to prove 'dont beleive everything you read on the internet' :)