Markus Ruhl ?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I was reading the newest Muscular Development magazine and saw that Markus Ruhl (synthol man) is retiring from IFBB bodybuilding.

This is new to me as I have not seen this anywhere else.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was reading the newest Muscular Development magazine and saw that Markus Ruhl (synthol man) is retiring from IFBB bodybuilding.

Yea I saw that too, good he's a joke anyway.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember when I saw a video of Ruhl getting ready for a contest. He was smoking to suppress his appetite...

That's when I discovered the difference between being healthy, and being a bodybuilder.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he is a beast, but is more a freak than a true BB IMO

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Afterall, the entire sport of bodybuilding was infact descended to Barnum's Freakshow.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
It's ashame if he is I don't think anyone here has a right to hate on the man. After all he gave everything he had for the sport he loved. So for those that say he's a joke, give me a break. Think about the blood, sweat, and tears that went into developing the gobs of muscle he has.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's ashame if he is I don't think anyone here has a right to hate on the man. After all he gave everything he had for the sport he loved. So for those that say he's a joke, give me a break. Think about the blood, sweat, and tears that went into developing the gobs of muscle he has.
He is a beast no doubt, but you cant honestly say synthol filled guys to this degree are healthy for the sport.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definatley not a joke. He has placed well in contest before.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is a beast no doubt, but you cant honestly say synthol filled guys to this degree are healthy for the sport.
Can you honestly say the majority of the IFBB Pro Circuit is healthy for the sport? There is so much of a push to obtain these physiques which cannot be naturally obtained.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you honestly say the majority of the IFBB Pro Circuit is healthy for the sport? There is so much of a push to obtain these physiques which cannot be naturally obtained.
I agree bro......back in Arnold's day it was cool.......dudes today are just sad freaks......(thats MY opinion and im entitled to it..........whatever)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree bro......back in Arnold's day it was cool.......dudes today are just sad freaks......(thats MY opinion and im entitled to it..........whatever)
I tend to agree. Most people you ask think the guys steppin' on stage nowadays are gross-looking.

And Markus Ruhl was one UGLY mammajamma.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

old news, he announced it a while ago

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The bodybuilders themselves are not sad freaks, the judges/governing body of the IFBB are sad freaks, pushing the sport in the uber huge freaking direction...

if IFBB pros dont become huge "sad" freaks, their not gonna do well...that is infact the sad part...

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tend to agree. Most people you ask think the guys steppin' on stage nowadays are gross-looking.

And Markus Ruhl was one UGLY mammajamma.
really! I thought chicks dug abdominals that looked like a turtle shell.lol

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have alot of respect for the man and if he uses synthol then he is the best at it. Ive seen him workout and he definately worked hard to get where he has.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have alot of respect for the man and if he uses synthol then he is the best at it. Ive seen him workout and he definately worked hard to get where he has.
agree, he is a strong f'er too, regardless of synthol

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree. But back in Arnold's days, the competition was much thinner. I think there was one Mr. Olympia he won against just one other contender, if my recollection is right! Today, competition is quite dense and the athletes push themselves beyond limits. Consistently. Although I am not a Ruhl fan, I think he has done a lot for his sport.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
all the pros use synthol............he just happens to be one of the ones who stands out for his use.........jay cutler has been looking real blocky for the last 2-3 years and this year was the worst.

my question is where is this sport going........i mean guys 5' 9" competing at 300lbs......these guys are far from healthy at all.......using cocaine or cigarettes on a cut so they shred up faster.......i think steroid use is the least of their problems.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I read this in last months Flex. Kind of sad to see him go, but his placings in the O went from good to bad to ok to last place.

I think he could do well in other arenas, but he needs to lay off the IGF-1 if its not too late already, and lay off the Synthol as well. The Mr O pics I saw he seemed to have a huge imbalance between his delts and the rest of his damn body lol. Mostly I think his legs aren't what they need to be to balance the top half of him.

So, with Coleman out, and Ruhl out, are there any other 'old timers' around besides Jay? By old timers I mean people that were in the magazines in about 1995 when I started lifting.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I like the German pro's, Wolf, Ruhl, Gunter etc.
Gunter is awesome. I got to meet the guy at my gym a few years ago, and the guys delts are the size of his head. Other than Lee Priest, I'd never stood next to a pro before. I was flat out amazed.

And his wife was hot.:donut:

brogers

Awards
  • Established
From the videos I've seen of him, it seemed like he was a nice guy.

I hope he is successful in whatever he decides to do next.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gunter is awesome. I got to meet the guy at my gym a few years ago, and the guys delts are the size of his head. Other than Lee Priest, I'd never stood next to a pro before. I was flat out amazed.

And his wife was hot.:donut:
Wolf is the man!!!!

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Wolf is the man!!!!
Hell yeah. I think if Jay does what he says, which was to win 3 or 4 then bow out, Wolf will take it if Martinez doesn't but I think Wolf has a way better balance being his abs aren't like some of the others.:wave:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wolf really really really improved i mean he looked good asthetically and looked bigger than alot of the other guys. Good condition too. I hope he comes in like that next year with a little more lower back and legs.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
The bodybuilders themselves are not sad freaks, the judges/governing body of the IFBB are sad freaks, pushing the sport in the uber huge freaking direction...

if IFBB pros dont become huge "sad" freaks, their not gonna do well...that is infact the sad part...
Agreed.. if you narrow it down it was probably one guy that started to.. and in order to keep in check with him people had to do the same. Thats how everything works in the world. One like when America made cars.. what did other countries do? They made cars.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read this in last months Flex. Kind of sad to see him go, but his placings in the O went from good to bad to ok to last place.

I think he could do well in other arenas, but he needs to lay off the IGF-1 if its not too late already, and lay off the Synthol as well. The Mr O pics I saw he seemed to have a huge imbalance between his delts and the rest of his damn body lol. Mostly I think his legs aren't what they need to be to balance the top half of him.

So, with Coleman out, and Ruhl out, are there any other 'old timers' around besides Jay? By old timers I mean people that were in the magazines in about 1995 when I started lifting.
Chris Cormier has been back at Gold's Venice for awhile working with Charles Glass. I think he's trying to make a come back into the competition game, but I don't know...

He sounds like Barry White when he talks.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Allegedly Kevin Levrone is going to make another attempt at the Olympia someday. I doubt it though.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Allegedly Kevin Levrone is going to make another attempt at the Olympia someday. I doubt it though.
That's going to stay a rumor. He's all Hollwood'd out and trying to be the next Swarzenegger (that should be in a spelling B). He keeps his weight around 185lbs now. No offense to anyone who's 185 or less, I think that's a great, lean weight, but for Kevin Levrone, that looks freakishly TINY!!! Like an old high school photo shot or something.

He mentioned on BB talk radio awhile back that he "could" make a come back and add 40lbs to his frame in 6 months if he were to come back, but I think he was just trying to stirr some interest in himself before his lame movie Redline came out.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Vince Taylor! Otherwise, I believe there might be a few left but not many.

Back on topic, Ruhl toward the end was starting to look way too blocky but otherwise in the past he was one of my faves. The fact that any person, regardless of what he used could get so huge is incredible. He is probably the only other Bodybuilder who pound for pound could match Ronnie in Strength. Wish I could find a picture of it but in 03 or whatever year it was that he placed 5th in the O,he looked incredible!

On a side note, what's with all of the Germans just having HAYOOOGE shoulders?! I mean Gunter, Ruhl, and Wolf all have basketballs up there or something!
:bb3:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vince Taylor! Otherwise, I believe there might be a few left but not many.

Back on topic, Ruhl toward the end was starting to look way too blocky but otherwise in the past he was one of my faves. The fact that any person, regardless of what he used could get so huge is incredible. He is probably the only other Bodybuilder who pound for pound could match Ronnie in Strength. Wish I could find a picture of it but in 03 or whatever year it was that he placed 5th in the O,he looked incredible!

On a side note, what's with all of the Germans just having HAYOOOGE shoulders?! I mean Gunter, Ruhl, and Wolf all have basketballs up there or something!
:bb3:

Agreed, Wolf's anterior delt looks like a seperate muscle group and his traps are insane in the most muscular!

If Wolf dials it in, fills out his lower lats and gets a greater V-Taper sweep, I think it's going to be him and Victor for the Olympia. Jay "can" look great, he somehow pulls off an 8 to 10 pack, but he didn't pull that kind of conditioning off (or maybe it was more of a water issue) this year.

I was never a big Ruhl fan, but I can't deny that he was a beast and with decent abs at that size... that's nuts.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, Wolf's anterior delt looks like a seperate muscle group and his traps are insane in the most muscular!
Hands down Wolf has THE BEST, most muscular on stage. It's just sick man!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I remember someone once asked Kevin how long it would take him to get back to his former physique. He replied '16 weeks.'