So who is gonna watch I am Legend ?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Anyone going to see this opening night Thurs ?

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I've seen "The Omega Man," so I really lost interest after hearing that this was a remake.

Jet

Awards
  • Established
I'll probably see it, might wait for some reviews though.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
i'd like to see it.. but idk if that'll actually happen

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Just wanna see it cause they are showing the official preview for The Dark Knight!!!! Yeeeeah boi!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
It says 11:59 for 'Thursday' showing, but I'm guessing that means midnight on Weds.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Alien vs. Predator requiem looks pretty awesome too.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Legend is getting good reviews, a 8.2 rating is excellent.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0480249/

Catch it while it's still in theaters - an exceptionally high rating - superb storytelling and characterization without needing special effects, odd camera angles or being half a music video -

"No Country for Old Men"
http://imdb.com/title/tt0477348/
I read "Legend" years ago - it is really good (if they stick to the story line) The author Matheson is a cool dude. I'm definitely gonna see it.

"No Country" was AMAZING! One of my favorite movies ever. I'm not a huge fan of the Cohen Bros, but I gotta give 'em major credit for this one - Awesome!!!!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I witnessed them filming the movie actually. I went to 5th ave in NYC to see my girlfriend. That day there was a HUGE crowd as the entire street of 5th ave looked like a jungle. It was surely something. I saw Will smith running out of LV. I believe they were filming an action scene. Movie sure looks intresting :)

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
im out on I am Legend, that has wait for DVD written all over it in my book, but Ill be the first person in the theater a week in advance for AVP2, looks 1000000000x better than the original, hope the Dark Knight trailer is on that too (not that it wont surface on youtube within an hour)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Going to see it Friday Night. Very high hopes for a quality showing so hopefully its not disappointing.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
im out on I am Legend, that has wait for DVD written all over it in my book, but Ill be the first person in the theater a week in advance for AVP2, looks 1000000000x better than the original, hope the Dark Knight trailer is on that too (not that it wont surface on youtube within an hour)
Seriously? AVP2

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I was so proud of that one that I told the wife...she wasn't impressed, lol.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
the reviews for I am Legend have been 'sucky'.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
yeah i'm probably gonna wind up watching it anyway myself.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I finally saw a preview this week that gave me an idea of what it was about. I was a little upset b/c it didn't seem very original...I didn't know it was a re-make though.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im gonna watch Juno. yeah, laugh.

But does I am Legend really come out on thursday? That would be good for me. I would probably go see it if that was the case.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Saw I am Legend last night and was thoroughly impressed. Will Smith was a great casting choice and did a great job in the solo acting department. I haven't read any of the critical reviews but I don't see why they would be bashing it. It had a cool flashback time flow that I enjoyed.

I can't see anyone on here not enjoying it (plus the Dark Knight trailer alone was bad ass.)

On a final note to those who have seen it and all the previews for it is WTF was Adam Sandler's movie. Sure it will gross two times what it cost to make but goddamn. Oh and Will Farrell's movie looks pretty funny.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Wasnt this supposed to be an Arnold movie originally?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I went to I Am Legend last night, it was decent. The film you are referring to BV was in the 90's with a 'bigger' budget filmmaker behind the helm, not sure who.

I am a big fan of Matheson's novels, and so was nevertheless slightly disappointed in the movie.

I can honestly say, despite it's 'kitch-ness' I enjoyed the Omega Man more, but for what it's worth, here are my thoughts:

The Good:

Will Smith's acting, believe it or not. He does a good job at portraying alot of the pathologies that the main character in the book portrayed. He's believable and definitely creates some pathos.

The Bad:

Story deviation. In the novel, Matheson, like in the movie, becomes the antagonist to the 'vampires'. However, in the book, and I think what's a little cooler, the 'I Am Legend' stems from the new 'still-living' vampires fearing Neville. He becomes a 'legend' who stalks and kills the still-living, being a legend in that sense. The movie would have had more of a pull for me if they would have done that.

The Ugly:

The ****ing CGI was butt-****ing horrible. Seriously. I've made better FX with a box and a sock puppet.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ugh - Im so sick of over-done CGI that's so prevalent in films today. Good models and inventive camera work look so much cooler. Still want to check this one out though....

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i am legend was the book that spawned all of the omega man-like movies. all of those last-man-on-earth movies were adaptations of I Am Legend.

Not a remake of omega man.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i am legend was the book that spawned all of the omega man-like movies. all of those last-man-on-earth movies were adaptations of I Am Legend.

Not a remake of omega man.
No, it's a film based on the novel I Am Legend. Omega-Man is Matheson's novel, just deviated.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever read the sci-fi anthology 'The Last Man On Earth'? Wicked book...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
anymore reviews?
I went to see I am Legend on Friday as I said I was going to see opening night. I actually had to buy a showing later than the one I wanted to see because was sold out. The one I went to later on in the evening was also sold out as well.

I didn't think that it was that bad. I'm not sure where the negative reviews come from. Before when I just saw the movie preview, they make it seem like it is something like '28 days later' or 'Resident Evil' when really the main focus was not on the zombies at all.

It is more of Will Smith's character struggling to keep his sanity and struggle, more or less, after no human interaction for the past 3 years.

The zombie type things were probably the worst graphics I have ever seen. It is like they didn't try as this is 2007, not 1998.

Overall: A-

It is a good movie and I thought it was worth the money.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the review Reaper always disappointed to hear there is crappy CG in any movie this day and age, anyone that was a fan of Pumpkinhead be sure to avoid the straight-to-scifi channel sequels 3+4, absolute garbage, its amazing to see how bad CG can be. Jaws 5+6 and Gremlins 3+4 are slated for direct to DVD teenage-aimed sequels with lame CG as well

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I'm really looking forward to I am Legend.

But I will wait until it comes out to video to watch it.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the review Reaper always disappointed to hear there is crappy CG in any movie this day and age, anyone that was a fan of Pumpkinhead be sure to avoid the straight-to-scifi channel sequels 3+4, absolute garbage, its amazing to see how bad CG can be. Jaws 5+6 and Gremlins 3+4 are slated for direct to DVD teenage-aimed sequels with lame CG as well
Actually, the bad dudes in I am Legend look a lot like Pumpkin head lol.

The movie was decent, and has a suprising ending which deviates entirely from the book. In fact, the movie has almost nothing to do with the book except the overall concept, the night stalkers and the main characters name. I enjoyed the ending in the book much better.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Again, I'm sure they spent a lot of time putting together the movie, I don't see why they severely cut corners on the graphics.

Also too, they could have made the movie a bit more 'spicy'.

I didn't realize the movie was rated 'PG-13' until I was standing in front of the booth buying my ticket. This lead to a very 'tame' movie.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I read a review of it. It said it was very intense, it seemed like a camera crew shot the movie in a post-apocalyptic new york on the run ... i bet it will be good!

it also said the graphics werent too over the top. we shall see.

rr

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I liked it, I thought it was really good.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I went and saw it, I wasn't overly impressed but it entertained me for the time it was on. I won't rent it once it comes out on video, it was a one time viewing for me. Scale of 1-10, I give it a 6.