New American Gladiators

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I saw an ad for the new American Gladiators show thats gonna be hosted by Hulk Hogan. Anyone looking forward to this?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its not new, it is coming back. It was popular when you were about 3 years old. I don't think it will be as good as the older one, newer versions of things just don't seem to hold a candle to the older versions for some reason.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Its not new, it is coming back. It was popular when you were about 3 years old. I don't think it will be as good as the older one, newer versions of things just don't seem to hold a candle to the older versions for some reason.
I guess I should have said "Newer American Gladiators Show" I used to watch the old ones when I was younger, I thought those guys were freakin awesome back in the day (even if they were decked out in head-to-toe spandex)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess I should have said "Newer American Gladiators Show" I used to watch the old ones when I was younger, I thought those guys were freakin awesome back in the day (even if they were decked out in head-to-toe spandex)
How could you be interested in a specific Tv show at 3-4 years old unless it was Seasame street or something like that.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-bone, what's up with the baiting? He stated he liked to watch the original... I liked watching Green Acres and Gilligan's Isle but both were before my time. Re-runs have been around for quite sometime, ya know.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
How could you be interested in a specific Tv show at 3-4 years old unless it was Seasame street or something like that.
They played reruns late into the 90's. I can still remember blue team vs. red team and wasn't there a dude called Captain America or something? When you're a young boy and you see a dude with muscles like that, its like a real live batman or action figure - I was captivated!

dirtydeweyjr

Awards
im 23 and watched it religiously, and i was older than 5 when it went down
i didnt talk to anyone for over a day when i realized i missed the brooklyn tryouts by 4 days

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-bone, what's up with the baiting? He stated he liked to watch the original... I liked watching Green Acres and Gilligan's Isle but both were before my time. Re-runs have been around for quite sometime, ya know.

Guess I didn't really think of that. Sorry Hurley, didn't mean to start anything. I didn't really think of repeats, was just thinking more along the lines of "How can you remember things at such a young age?". I for one can't really remember much before the age of 30 years. So my memories only go back so far. I maybe remember bits and pieces of things but very little clarity or detail. Some things are completely gone and I really have no recolection of.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Guess I didn't really think of that. Sorry Hurley, didn't mean to start anything. I didn't really think of repeats, was just thinking more along the lines of "How can you remember things at such a young age?". I for one can't really remember much before the age of 30 years. So my memories only go back so far. I maybe remember bits and pieces of things but very little clarity or detail. Some things are completely gone and I really have no recolection of.
No harm done! I can definitely see where you were coming from. Oh, and I did like Sesame Street too, I was a big cookie monster fan for awhile there:thumbsup:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Animal would kick the hell out of cookie monster...You know he laced those cookies with crack and pcp right?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Animal would kick the hell out of cookie monster...You know he laced those cookies with crack and pcp right?
That probably explains the tiny pupils... And I gotta agree with Animal beatin' cookie monster he was freakin' crazy! He had sweet hair too!

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm... Cookie Monster (blue) and Animal (red)... Gladiator colors... Do I see a special episode in the future???

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
agreed, cookie monster had the drive but animal was a fvcking madman. fvcker wouldn't stand a chance.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
For any MMA fans, Gina Carano is going to be one of the chick Gladiators for the show.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I wantt his to come out too. I was a big fan, Jan 6th i believe it premeires. Its goin to be intersting to see how big these guys are, i doubt they have substance rules, if so very loose ones. Also with that i hope tosee athleticism and not just a bunch of "muscle heads" runnin around. None the less ill watch for sure.

dirtydeweyjr

Awards
i had an American Gladiators party at my house. well not really a party but we all got drunk and watched the show.

The gladiators were terrible. They all have personalities and costumes. It's a bit too WWF.

oh well, that 155 pounder got knocked around a couple times. Did anyone else watch?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
i had an American Gladiators party at my house. well not really a party but we all got drunk and watched the show.

The gladiators were terrible. They all have personalities and costumes. It's a bit too WWF.

oh well, that 155 pounder got knocked around a couple times. Did anyone else watch?
And that surprised you?

They had 'personalities' back in the day too. You gotta remember this started back in the heyday of WWF. Sometimes memories are better.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I was disappointed by the competitors. The NY Firefighter wrecked shop (RED) and that was cool, but that stupid blue guy was terrible. And the one gladiator hurt his arm on the "Hang Tough" challenge and just let the red guy waltz right by him. What a crock of ****. That Wolf guy needs to stop howling too...he's a pretty cool dude if he just stopped howling all the time.

Not to mention the blue chick literally WALKED through the final event. And was complaining about not being able to breath...how the hell do people that out of shape get on a show like that?

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I watched it and agreed it was a bit too WWE. I would love to see an NFL vs. Gladiator show. I'd love to see a 240lb linebacker lower the shoulder and wreck those gladiators. I think the competitors were on the small side especially the 155lb guy.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was pretty sad last night. They made the show way to reality tv style! The contestants were all a frickin joke, and the old gladiators were like 1000x cooler! There are a few hott gladiator chicks though.It's on at 8:00 tonight again. I hope they get some people actually in good shape on that show, and not just washed up scrubs......cause thats all I saw.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
looked scripted imo. Too fake, pussified. I liked watching the female gladiators, esp fury on hang tough spreading those powerfull legs, wow! lol

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
looked scripted imo. Too fake, pussified. I liked watching the female gladiators, esp fury on hang tough spreading those powerfull legs, wow! lol
Hellya dude, she can take me down any day!:squat:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It was what I was expecting which is a cheezy WWF-esque show that pits smaller people against big arsed roid users. It's mindless fun and exactly like the old show but with more stupid scripted dialogue from the gladiators.

I highly doubt the producers would go out on a limb and use athletes who are as big or bigger than the gladiators...they'd lose face. The idea is to have the gladiators look larger than life.

Though I would love to see someone like Nathan Jones plow through all 4 gladiators for fun. lol

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I'd wrestle with Crush any day, any time... mmm....

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
You like dem blondes do ya Trip?? I'm down for the brunettes, especially ones that could kick my a$$!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You like dem blondes do ya Trip?? I'm down for the brunettes, especially ones that could kick my a$$!
Actually im a brunette guy......but Venom is just soooo money!!

Lightning

Awards
The show is weak and Hogan/Ali need some serious hosting lessons.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The show is weak and Hogan/Ali need some serious hosting lessons.
yeah that could be reason why its so weak and annoying. They should have got a REAL hottie and someone not as annoying as the "Hulkster".

Larry Zonka and the other guy from the original AG were better.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah that could be reason why its so weak and annoying. They should have got a REAL hottie and someone not as annoying as the "Hulkster".

Larry Zonka and the other guy from the original AG were better.
Hulk is ok I guess.....but Ali needs to go. What is the point of asking the contestants before every single thing they do the same exact fukcin question??? Oh and do I really care if they graduated college, or had weight issues as a child...FUKC NO! Shut up and have Venom take down some newbs.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Word. But she could definitely kick my ass.

Holy Sh*t I love that chick. Whats with all the video game sound effects when they punch though? :lol:

brettly

Awards
I love how NBC claims that all the Gladiators aren't juicing and that they all signed waivers to be tested at random. What a joke.