- 12-07-2007, 10:39 AM
One of the classic signs of overtraining is the unability to sleep or difficulty sleeping.
Does anyone know why this is ? I would assume that overtraining would drive the body into such detoriation that you'd be able to sleep even better due to the excessive need for recovery, however the reality is quite opposite.
- 12-07-2007, 12:07 PM
That is a good question.
I wonder if it is from a prolonged elavation of stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline....
12-07-2007, 12:16 PM
This article shows interesting information between the correlation of stress and insomnia. Even though overtraining is physical stress, the cortisol levels are still elevated though.
Similar Forum Threads
- By lifted in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 07-06-2003, 12:09 AM
- By windwords7 in forum Training ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 04-27-2003, 02:23 AM
- By cpwhite in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:13 AM
- By YellowJacket in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 12-25-2002, 07:31 PM
- By sage in forum General ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 11-05-2002, 12:45 PM